Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

3 position reciever switch?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

3 position reciever switch?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 12:40 PM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 position reciever switch?

Trying to help a neighbor kid with a project. He is trying to convert his riding lawnmower to RC for a vo-tech class. He has an electric over hydraulic system for steering it and is trying to rig up a servo to toggle a 3 position switch for "left, off, right" . I told him he might be able to wire two of these together instead and only use one channel on his reciever.

[link]http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8833&Product_Name=Turnigy_Receiver_Controlled_Switch_[/link]

Would it work to wire two of these together so that one would come on with "left rudder" input and the other would come on with "right rudder" input ? Or does someone make a reciever switch with more than one output that might work?
Old 12-01-2009, 01:34 AM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: 3 position reciever switch?

I'd call these guys and tell them what you want to do, http://www.dimensionengineering.com/, they specialize in battlebots and non-standard voltage R/C interfaces. Look at a couple of their switches- they're like the one you posted but some can handle up to 240 VAC. If you can get ahold of some robot war people they'd probably tell you exactly what you need for the project.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:47 PM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: 3 position reciever switch?

Thanks for the response, my neighbor or I will definitely be talking with them!