Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Anyone else have a bad club field?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Anyone else have a bad club field?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Bugalooob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else have a bad club field?

Mostly everyone in my club have the usual butt ugly planes and heli's (either T-Rex's or Extras)..nothing scale looking, all look the same..Hell they don't even look like planes or Helis to me....Anyway, Im here to talk about my bad field...I can't fly my warbirds off this field without front flipping since its so dam lumpy, I'm one of few who has what actually looks like a plane...There.. I vented.. I feel better
Old 12-05-2009, 09:32 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Anyone else have a bad club field?

And how much time do spend helping the club groom, and improve the field?
Old 12-06-2009, 12:13 AM
Bill Martovich
My Feedback: (11)

It's amazing how little it takes to get a bad field into shape. 2 years ago the fellow that was mowing quit. I voulnteered and kept cutting the grass shorter and shorter. in the summer as much a every week. The fellows appriceated this so much that passed the hat and came up wit almost $200. for fuel. Our field is about 10 acres. We also hired a local concrete company to roll the field with a vibro packer. Now the gras plants are smaller and there are many more of them. When fresh mowed the place looks like a fairway on a golf course. Nobody contributed more than 20 bucks and we have a beautifull field
Old 12-06-2009, 12:18 AM
1320Fastback

Our non paved bumpy field is going to be a road early next year
Old 12-06-2009, 12:43 AM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just be glad you have a place to fly and people to fly with, we are an extremely small percentage of the population....
Old 12-06-2009, 10:34 AM
T.L.A.R. eng

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie

just be glad you have a place to fly and people to fly with, we are an extremely small percentage of the population....
Agreed, we have lost two or three flying fields in this area. Never take anything for granted.[]
Old 12-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Bill Martovich
My Feedback: (11)

A little more on Our field. the owner of it flies a powered parachute and is most appricative of our care of the field. He even contributed to the fund. Considering that it was once nothing but a poor pasture, and now it rivals any golf course. I think it was/is a win win situation.

Bill
Old 12-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Springer
My Feedback: (1)

As a condition of membership in one club I am a member of is grass cutting duty. You are required to cut and everyone takes turns. It gets cut every week and looks great. This season I had to cut once. Small price to pay.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:26 AM
carrellh

We have a great place to fly. One of our club members owns and maintains the property. He does not charge the club anything and most of the time will not even accept fuel money for the tractor. His dues are waived which is the most he will accept.

About the only thing I can suggest is to attend club meetings and bring up field condition as a topic for discussion and action. And, do not just show up to gripe. Bring a realistic proposal and be prepared to take the lead in getting the work done.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rent a roller from your local equipment rental place. We roll our field every spring, makes a huge difference.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:07 PM
JThuntsalot

Ha just be glad you have somewhere to fly. Oh and I am one of those that flies planes that don't look like a plane. Cause all I fly is profiles. Just cause someone isn't into scale aircraft doesn't mean they aren't true R/Cers.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:45 PM
carrellh

I guess the one I fly most doesn't look like an airplane but I like it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91491.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1329490  
Old 12-08-2009, 11:18 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: T.L.A.R. eng

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie

Agreed, we have lost two or three flying fields in this area. Never take anything for granted.[]
Come over to the west side of Streator. Your less than a half hour away from a decent field.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:47 PM
T.L.A.R. eng

mrbigg, thanks for the invite, Ive been buy your guys field a few times and it is a nice one. I remember when it was just a pasture.

One day I'll get over that way with a plane, today you wouldn't need the engine as there are 40 plus mph winds! Cold too!
Old 12-10-2009, 02:31 AM
guille2006

I do not fly in and air-club... Is just a green airstrip that I have to mow from time to time; I share the place with two old men (both full of advices that if you don't take they get ofended); I go there with a pattern plane and they two goes with a 80's trainer. There is another boy that goes from time to time with his helicopter. There are no tables, no trees, no roofs for the cars... Just green to mow.
So to answer your question; I'm not happy with that place but I have to accept it; I couldn't find any other plane in 80 Km around.
Cheers
Old 12-10-2009, 08:41 PM
harve28

any ideas on getting help with funding? live in an very small populated town maybe 6 of us fly r/c you can't keep the drunks from littering most flying spots or bottoms i should say? be happy with what you got!