Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Some people need to be banned from selling in the classifieds

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Some people need to be banned from selling in the classifieds

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Bugalooob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some people need to be banned from selling in the classifieds

I see people posting stuff for like 10,000 bucks when the thing is worth only 500 bucks, the classifieds are becoming a joke and these people need to be banned to maintain the integrity of the site,,,my opinion
Old 12-18-2009, 04:35 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Some people need to be banned from selling in the classifieds

If you see any posts which are offensive for any reason, all you have to do is click the "Report" link in the lower RH corner of every post and a moderator will take action.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:21 PM
STUKA BARRY

ORIGINAL: Bugalooob

I see people posting stuff for like 10,000 bucks when the thing is worth only 500 bucks, the classifieds are becoming a joke and these people need to be banned to maintain the integrity of the site,,,my opinion
There are several aircraft for sale well over $8-10,000 God bless them if they can get that kind of money from a model, but remember that its all in the eyes of the beholder. Thats not really a good reason, or reason at all, to ban a modeler for doing nothing wrong. I'm not a moderator, just pointing out the otherside of the story, and now, page two.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:40 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you complain about everything?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...1&memid=352282

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_93...tm.htm#9306717

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_89...tm.htm#8977019

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_89...tm.htm#8961217

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_89...tm.htm#8929952

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_92...tm.htm#9217508
Old 12-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Hossfly

Well, now, they are "CLASSIFIEDs" are they not. People list houses in the real-estate world. They are many times just testing the market. Few items sell for the originally listed price. Negotiations are usually performed.
Way back in the '70s when I owned a Hobby Shop, Northwest Highway east side of Mt. Prospect, IL, one day I learned a lesson that has helped me a lot in my life.
Back then there were very few ARFs available. $50 was a very high price for a model or a kit. I ran a consignment service for models and engines. Customer brought in item, signed contract and for 30 days item could stay. If sold at his designated price, and he wanted cash, I got 20%. If he took money in merchandise, I discounted mds. by 20% and charged no service fee.

Back to story lesson: One day a person brought in a very large model which looked far too beat-up and ugly to hang in store. He wanted $100 for the model. I said it wouldn't sell for $25, but he was a nice guy so I hung it up front and gritted my teeth. So now you have already guessed the outcome. That model went out at $100 before the day was half over. I was amazed and I deeply questioned my knowledge of what some customer might want. [sm=confused.gif]

Think of it like buying stock. As one stock broker advertiser sometime ago stated, "When you buy a stock, it is because you think it is going up, while the seller is thinking it is going down."

One never knows what the other person will pay for any specific item until it just happens. Want something, make an offer. Be prepared if the seller takes you up on your offer. [sm=49_49.gif]
Old 12-19-2009, 03:47 PM
SunnyFlyer09

What a stooge , this guy complains about everything!
Old 12-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Bugalooob

Yep..I'm the big complainer...when I see something not right I complain, only way to fix things that are wrong is to complain...This hobby is slowly dying, not enough young blood coming into it to replace the old timers dying off...I do not want to see some poor slob who is just coming into the hobby getting ripped off by one of these overpriced thieves in the classifieds, it gives people in the hobby a bad name and the poor slob might just quit the hobby because of it..We can't afford that
Old 12-20-2009, 11:03 PM
MinnFlyer

This hobby is slowly dying, not enough young blood coming into it to replace the old timers dying off
They've been saying that since I was a kid in the 60's

If you've noticed, there are more people in this hobby than ever, thanks to the recent introduction of quality ARFs, quality electrics and Park Fliers.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:04 AM
Bass1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not want to see some poor slob who is just coming into the hobby getting ripped off by one of these overpriced thieves in the classifieds,
Even if the would be buyer is a slob, if he or she is also poor I'm pretty sure you won't have to worry about them spending $10,000 dollars on a hobby item.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:58 AM
Bugalooob

The membership in the AMA is going down, yes there are the park flyer people but they don't join the AMA, they don't join clubs...Very few of them go on to bigger electrics or gas planes where they need insurance and a club field...As for getting ripped off in the classifieds, theres alot of overpriced crap not only in the 10 grand range
Old 12-22-2009, 06:14 AM
MinnFlyer

Then don't shop there
Old 12-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Woody218
My Feedback: (24)

I'm sick and tired of the "thought police" trying to regulate everything. If it bothers you so much, don't look at the classifieds! Simple as that!!
Old 12-22-2009, 01:18 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

The last thing that most people would want is for RCU to dictate buying and selling prices.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:30 PM
rambler53
My Feedback: (494)

Yep..I'm the big complainer...when I see something not right I complain, only way to fix things that are wrong is to complain...This hobby is slowly dying, not enough young blood coming into it to replace the old timers dying off...I do not want to see some poor slob who is just coming into the hobby getting ripped off by one of these overpriced thieves in the classifieds, it gives people in the hobby a bad name and the poor slob might just quit the hobby because of it..We can't afford that
You know even if you're right, you can't change change. Once you try, people wait to rip you to shreds for disagreeing with the more popular trend.

Happy new year!
Old 12-22-2009, 11:50 PM
AB Bob
My Feedback: (20)

I have to somewhat agree with you. I look through the classifieds, and it seems that people want nearly full list prices for a lot of things.
Very similar to buying used bling for my motorcycle. I used to be able to buy stuff for 50% of list and it was nearly perfect.
Now a days, people are out to make money instead of giving other folks a good deal.
BUT, if you keep an eye open, and can react fast enough, some good deals can still be had...
And, as others have stated, if it's priced at more than I'd want to pay, I pass over the stuff, or make an offer that I think is fair.
Bob
Old 12-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Sounds about how Congress is thinking right now! (telling us what we need).

Thanks, I can make up my own mind. I follow prices and if it's overpriced the seller can keep it and I don't loose sleep over it.

On to something more productive..........
Old 12-24-2009, 05:04 AM
Bugalooob

I'm not dictating to anyone and don't insult me by comparing me to the current goverment ....Greed is destroying this country, I just don't want it destroying my hobby
Old 12-24-2009, 08:56 AM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Bugalooob

RCU market place does exactly what it is supposed to - bring sellers and buyers together. It is up to you whether to purchase an item or not. If you feel it is overpriced either email the seller or don't buy it. It is not up to people not involved with the transactions to determine whether or not there was value given for product received.

I become extremely frightened when someone wants to regulate any activity from their sense of perceived self righteousness i.e. for the good of all. Our hobby will survive. It does not need more regulation nor rules to prevent the gullible from being taken. You cannot legislate morality.
John
Old 12-24-2009, 11:42 AM
SooperFlye

Hey Folks ...
I dig Bugalooob, he's like the Henny Youngman of RCU. Keep em' comin' Henny, er I meanBugalooob.For me, having someone around like Bugaloob is like a family member and everyone here has a family member like Bugaloob. Bless you my man & merry X-MAS!

Soguyslay offBugalooob, Please!