Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

lifoam 4.5ft span rc mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 12:20 PM
cekiert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lifoam 4.5ft span rc mod

So I Im attempting to build my first rc plane, my start is a 15$ lifoam airstream glider 4.5ft wing span found at
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLFF7&P=ML

id like to hear some recommendations, i'd like to keep this one relatively simple...

Id like to run brushless, and aim for nimh or nicad 9.6v battery pack... lipo seems like to much trouble...
ill add gear and my 4 oz 8.1 casio mega pixel camera take off weight cant be more then 2-3 lbs.

when is come to choosing a (engine, prop, gear box) what would be good to keep it in the air at 10,000 ft above sealevel, as im in colorado..

my original thought was the multiplex twinstar but it seemed like it would be a struggle... and i really dont want to use lipo batteries... and there brushless upgrade seemed like a little to much money by tossing the original parts...

single engine would be okay but i hear twin engines are a little more stable... any suggestions on a motor?
Old 06-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Slope Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lifoam 4.5ft span rc mod

I would think a 480 motor would be plenty for a Airstream.Mini servos and a mini reciver would be fine. I have one and I live in Colorado to snd whatever fits works fine, what city do you live in?