Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Who's Going To EAA Airventure??

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Who's Going To EAA Airventure??

Old 07-08-2003, 02:30 PM
putt_13
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's Going To EAA Airventure??

Hello All,
I am just curious as to how many of us are going to the EAA this year. I will be working there. I sell ice-cream from those little carts that are EVERYWHERE. I will be right on the main tarmac area, so maybe I will put a sign up on my cart that says..... RCU and EZONE Member......Putt_13 I will wear a distinct hat, so you can recognize me better. -Patrick
Old 07-08-2003, 03:22 PM
kirbster

Default Oaskosh

Hey Patrick, I'm going to Oshkosh. First time, very excited! I just soloed full size a month ago. My friend Skip Stewart is an airshow performer, and will have his modified Pitts displayed at Flying Colors glass booth, (one of his sponsors). I'll definitely buy some ice cream from you, any say hey. Have fun
Old 07-08-2003, 03:24 PM
bigbri
My Feedback: (287)

Went last year with my son....Second time for me first time for him....one word...AWESOME.......Cannot make it this year....but next year for sure.....
Have fun
b-
Old 07-08-2003, 04:27 PM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went years ago. 87 and 88, or was it 88 and 89? Flew in my own plane the first year, the second some friends wanted to go and talked me into sharing rental on a faster plane (Piper Arrow). Lots to see and do, but not one for camping out under your plane.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:57 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

I'm hopping a chartered bus to go up for the day. I'll forsake my diet so I can buy an ice cream from you.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:04 PM
MikeL

I've gone a few times (1990, 1991, and 2001). The last time I was there the AMA had a great booth near the museum, with RealFlight running on a big screen TV. The museum is well worth the time. If you're only going for one day you'll leave feeling as though you've missed the vast majority of the show. People often focus on the airplanes, but for me the real treat is the speakers. How often do you get to hear Chuck Yeager and Bob Hoover speak?

Each time I've gone I've taken more pictures than I know what to do with. If you're a scale modeller, this is an awsome opportunity to create some documentation.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:29 PM
putt_13

Hello,
Yes yes, the EAA is a great time. Last year, I sold Ice Cream by the NASA buildings. It was nice, but we had a big building in front of us, so we couldnt watch the Airshow. This year, I asked for a better spot, and he put us right in front. I will wear a very noticable hat, and also make a small sign. I hope to see and talk to many fellow members this coming EAA. It should be a doozy, being the centenial of flight and all. -Patrick
Old 07-08-2003, 07:35 PM
GA_fanatic

Well, I have the good fortune of living in Appleton about 15 miles north of Oshkosh, so I get the opportunity to go every year. I turned 30 yrs. old earlier this year and aside from 1990- 1991 when I was touring the country for those summers, I have gone to the convention every year since before I was born. My Dad dragged my Mom to the convention when she was carrying me.

The thing that amazes me is how many people I talk to every year from this area that have never gone to Airventure. I guess when you are so close to something, it is easy to take it for granted.

Everyone enjoy themselves and for those flying to it, have a safe trip.

Craig
Old 07-08-2003, 08:29 PM
putt_13

Originally posted by GA_fanatic
I guess when you are so close to something, it is easy to take it for granted.
Man, I know what you mean. Being only 45 minutes away, it wasnt a a big thing when I was little. I just thought it was another airshow that happened every summer. Little did I know that it was one of the largest in the world. I learned that around the age of 12 or so. Now I get to go there for FREE every year. As I said before, I sell icecream, and as part of the deal, they give us a free WEEK LONG pass. Last year it was one of those neon green reflective wristbands. Hope to see many of you there. -Patrick
Old 07-08-2003, 10:41 PM
rcalfred

Going again--two days, Thursday and Friday. Son-in-law, 3 grandsons, 10, 8 and 5 (his first time), and the other grandpa. First thing we do is buy a hat for the newest grandson and year pins for the other two. Found a motel in Appleton (used to have to go to Greenbay) that has an indoor pool. Absolute necessity with grandsons!!! Hope it stops raining---we have had a real spate of wet weather for about the last week or so. Regards.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:26 PM
ajvpb

I tried to make it last year, but the weather in georgia to fly up didn't allow us. This year will be my first time there, and being the centennial of flight, I think I'm in for something good. This year, my step dad (I'm 16) is making sure hes IFR current, because we are going without question. We have a Navion L-17, so we come in on warbird arrival, and we rent out someone's house and stay there. Its a good setup. If you guys see the Navion there, N4226K, come over and say hi.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:18 PM
Goinstraightup
My Feedback: (26)

2 hours away for me. Went last year and a bunch of times in the early 90's when I worked for Cirrus.

Went to the seaplane base last year for the first time. AWESOME!

Have vacation time during the show this year, but not 100% sure I'll make it.

Jeff A
Old 07-10-2003, 08:47 PM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

Im going to Oshkosh, cant wait. Plan on a one day visit, but o well. I been there 3 or 4 time allready. Cant wait to see what sits in the aeroshell circle this year. Hope they have another demo airrace too
Might see ya'll there.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:30 AM
Dago Red

speaking of airshows. Another popular one in Wisconsin is in stoughton. A good amount of planes come from all over. Ive meant guys from aulstralia there, real neat. like the Pet Pol fly in. its the weekend before Oshkosh I think. My step dad takes his
Corby Starlet there every now and then, I think hes having engine problems right now.
Old 07-14-2003, 02:40 PM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Heading back to OSH for the third straight year. We'll be camping at the airport for the week, any one have any camping tips for us.

My Osh notes and photos at http://www.sportrc.com/oshkosh.html

lots to see and do - I have a great time there

Old 07-14-2003, 02:52 PM
putt_13

Man, is she your girlfriend/wife because WOW, shes gorgeous! -patrick
Old 07-14-2003, 03:03 PM
Dago Red

kenair Your gonna want mosquito spray. I hope you dont have breathing problems, people have little campfires, smoke gave me problems every night real bad. take a air mattress, the ground will be hard and rough. those are tips we leared from 2 years ago, but its fun. Try to get a site as close to the main gates too, a mile walk isnt fun in the heat 2+ times a day after walking around Oshkosh. Maybe see ya there, D.R.
Old 07-14-2003, 03:27 PM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks for the tips.

No, she is the famous "Autolite Annie", that looks after the Unison Autolite booth in one of the exhibit hangars.

Hope to see all of you there.
Old 07-14-2003, 03:52 PM
putt_13

Originally posted by kenair
Hope to see all of you there.
I hope to see HER there...LOL

PS- I will be posting a picture of where my Ice Cream stand will be. That way, you can all find me.
Old 07-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Dago Red

Hey, if I see your cart Ill stop by and see ya.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:14 PM
Sport_Pilot

Originally posted by putt_13
She's a toothpick! A cute one but a toothpick, just the same.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:58 PM
putt_13

Man,
I like my women petite. Plus, I'm only 16 years old, and 135 lbs. She's JUST MY SIZE. Maybe I will woo her with some free ice cream.... -Patrick
Old 07-14-2003, 05:02 PM
putt_13

Originally posted by kenair
No, she is the famous "Autolite Annie", that looks after the Unison Autolite booth in one of the exhibit hangars.
(In Terminator Voice)
Need To Find Autolite Booth
Old 07-14-2003, 11:59 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Default Oshkosh 2003

I'm going for 3 nights and parts of 4 days---weather permitting. Camping under the stars, hopefully in the classic plane section. My ride is a 1949 Cessna 170. With her new (0ld) wheel pants it's a 100 mph airplane! It's not mine though!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	93906_7153.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	53198  
Old 07-15-2003, 12:28 AM
putt_13

I marvel at how well people take care of there airplanes. You never see a 1969 car driving on the road, but you always seen late 60's-late 70's airplanes flying. Its just cool how people can fly such an old airplane. -patrick

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.