Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 Titanium Pro Links

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hangar 9 Titanium Pro Links

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 06:15 PM
Mendes
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hangar 9 Titanium Pro Links

I just got some Pro Links from Hangar 9...

1 pack of 5" and 1 pack of 4 1/2". One of the 4 1/2" rods is 6-32 instead of 4-40. I think I just got a sample of their new product line not that I can do much with just one of them though.
Old 04-03-2002, 07:12 AM
RC_Eflyer-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good, but do you realize that Titanium parts are just a gimmick.

Reason being. They can make it just as strong, but lighter by making is smaller. But wait, if you are running 4-40 parts, you still need a 4-40 rod, so they make a 4-40 rod. Its not any lighter so there is no point in buying a titanium rod. Besides, you don't need that much strength in a plane. Your servo's are going to strip out, and your plane is going to fall out of the sky long before they break.

Do you know why people put 150 lb test cable on their planes, even giant scale planes? Its not to take the flight loads, its to take the loads put on the control surface when you bang it into a door jamb when loading/unloading a model.

--The above statements are just a little heads up in the economics department, and wasn't meant to degrade you or the pushrods usefulness in any way.

--Paul
Old 04-03-2002, 12:16 PM
Dazzler
My Feedback: (6)

I disagree with Rceflyer the H9 pro links are made for planes with servo's mounted in the rear section of the plane, and by using these you dont have to use a std 4-40 pushrod with a solder joint on one end of the pushrod. I dont trust solder joints for my elevators, and these pro links worked out great on my GP giles 1/4 scale. It is one piece and have differential threads on the ends. Works great!!!! Daz...
Old 04-03-2002, 01:43 PM
Mendes

RC_Eflyer, I don't know anyone that selects their control linkages based on the fact that they will eventually hit something while loading or unloading their planes.

Although I might never need the strength of the Titanium rods, I certainly wouldn't want to risk losing the 42% plane that they are intended for just to save a few bucks. I see it as my responsibility to ensure that my plane has equipment that will withstand anything I can throw at it and then some, a 38 pound plane can do alot of damage when it is out of control. Standard 4-40 rods do fail, solder joints do fail, I have never seen a Titanium rod fail, and I don't think I ever will.

The cost of these Titanium rods is very small when you look at the overall cost of a large plane, and they also buy me peace of mind.
Old 04-03-2002, 06:02 PM
RC_Eflyer-RCU

I submit, no more arguement from me.

--Paul
Old 04-03-2002, 06:12 PM
Merkur

as you can see by my post count, i'm relativly new to the plane thing. however, i have always felt one of the best qualities of titanium is its felxability. titanium will bend and then return its orginial shap, aka, memory. steel or aluminum will bend and never return to its orginial shape.

i wear a pair of those titanium eyeglasses, you can bend them like crazy and they snap back to there exact orginial shape.
Old 04-03-2002, 06:43 PM
Mendes

Well, I just got an e-mail from Horizon... The 6-32 rods won't be a new product line, they are as surprised as I was that I got one of these (that's what they told me in the e-mail, not sure if I believe it). I am sending it back to be replaced with the correct size.