Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

UPS Delivery Problem

Old 01-09-2010, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPS Delivery Problem

Has this happened to anyone? I ordered from Tower (about $200) and it was shipped UPS.I got home about2PM on the delivery date and waited for UPS to arrive. About 5PM I checked the 'Tracking' and it said Item was delivered about 1 PM. Checked neighbors houses thinking UPS took it to the wrong house (although I have always gotten other deliveries with no problems). Iemailed Tower and UPS. Tower responded quickly andsaid they would be working on it with UPS. UPS called laterand said they are investigating. Either the package was delivered to the wrong location or someone stole it from my front porch, I guess. Any advice for me or any similarexperiances???
Old 01-09-2010, 03:37 PM
davidgeorge212

Default RE: UPS Delivery Problem

I havent had that exact problem with ups, but I do have a lot of others with them. I wish you could choose which shipping you wanted from tower becasue I would pick Fedex. I dont know if its the location of where I live or what but everywhere I get a package delivered it seems like i am always the last one on the route. The tracking usuall says its out for delivery a 4:30 in the morning but I have never gotten a ups package before 5pm that same evening. Every time i ship with Fedex they usually get it to me arourd noon.

David
Old 01-09-2010, 04:06 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The UPS tracking should show what time it was delivered. If there was a good amount of time between when it was delivered and when you got home I would lean towards thinking it was stolen off of your porch. I know there are less than honorable people who will "shadow" a UPS truck in a residential neighborhood and then steal packages left at the front door. It stinks that there are people out there that act this way, but they do exist.

Because of actions like this I have all of my deliveries sent to my office. Luckily we own our own business and have that luxury. Check with where you work and see if they will allow you to ship to your office. Or find a retired friend, or somebody else that his home most of the day, and see if you can ship to them. Another way to avoid packages is to ship them "signature required" if you have that option from where you are purchasing. With this option the shipper can't simply leave it at your doorstep because there is nobody there to sign for it. If they do leave it on the doorstep and it's missing then it's on the shipping company to pay for it since they didn't get a signature for the item.

Ken

Old 01-10-2010, 02:10 PM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had trouble with UPS on several occasions... it does not do any good to complain... now I don't get anything from them until 5pm or later. One night it came at 7pm.

Things have been "stolen"???? from my porch twice.. On two occasions when I was getting large packages fuselage packages, they delivered early... guess they needed the space on their truck.

I see UPS trucks deliver to neighbors, and pass me by only to deliver late afternoon/evening. I don't complain anymore, I ship FedEx when given a choice.

One large expensive package I had shipped requiring a signature... yep it never arrived... and UPS ended up paying for it. Trouble escalated from there.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:20 PM

Well, I must be living right (although I don't see how) because today at about 1 PM I found the item on my front porch. The outside box was damaged and slightly wet(???) but everything was in there and in good shape. I assume someone found it on their porch and delivered it to me (or UPSfound it and delivered it - but since it is Sunday I don't think that is the case). Anyway, thanks to all for info/advice.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:35 PM
davidgeorge212

Glad to hear you finally got your package!

David
Old 01-10-2010, 07:45 PM
BUDMAN27

I saw on the news they were going to let alot of UPS employes go. They said none of the drivers just the manigers. How needs manigers anyway. Just kidding.