Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

What's the Skinny on Carl Goldberg Models?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

What's the Skinny on Carl Goldberg Models?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 04:19 AM
LKG_Bob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the Skinny on Carl Goldberg Models?

Anybody know the latest on Goldberg ? I've heard that they have been having some business problems for the last few years. :drowning: Now their web site says they are moving and to contact them by fax only. Have they closed the doors ?

Been trying to find out if their ARF Decathalon is still available. My LHS doesn't get answers back.

Bob
Old 04-03-2002, 07:17 AM
RC_Eflyer-RCU

I don't know for sure, but last I heard Goldberg was having problems financially. Thats why they lost the Ultracoat. They couldn't afford to bring it in as well as pay for all those nice ARF's they have now.

Their equipment is antequaited, when they process balsa, they don't saw it, they actually split the wood into sheets. This cuts down on waste, but is very slow. The equipment is very old too. So maintinence is hard. If they don't start picking things up, they will disappear, which is very sad, because I like their planes. The Eagle II trainer is what I learned to fly on.

--Paul
Old 04-04-2002, 02:22 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe we can get a straight answer this weekend at Toledo.

Jerry
Old 04-04-2002, 03:13 AM
Dazzler
My Feedback: (6)

Goldberg needs to come out with something new, instead of Arf versions of kits they've had for the last 10 years. Daz...
Old 04-04-2002, 05:09 AM
bowanarrow

Default Goldberg Models

I tried to order a new fiberglass cowl and belly pan for their Suhkoi 26. 4 weeks later I gave up waiting and began inquiring.
They first said they were sorry and out of stock, that was why I hadn't gotten the parts. Additionally, since the parts were produced in the Mid-East, they had no idea when they would have the parts available. Several weeks later when my VISA statement showed a charge, I called again for an explanation. They said the previous information was was incorrect and they really had shipped weeks earlier. I explained I had never recieved the parts. As proof of shipment they had their in-office invoice. I pointed out they had also charged my VISA 50% more than the website parts list advertised. (I was told that I had used the "on-line replacement parts price list" for my order. I should have used the "on-line catalog" for the correct price). The only positive thing was, that following my complaints, they did credit my VISA for the higher "correct" price.
Old 04-04-2002, 01:49 PM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Man, with a story like that maybe it is time for them to shut it down.
That and the fact that they havent really done anything new in a long time ( like someone already said ).

Put her to bed.......
Old 04-08-2002, 02:31 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Toledo = Absent!

They didn't even have a booth at the Toledo Show...lot of rumors going around as to who bought 'em, where they are now, etc.

Nothing firm....

Jerry
Old 04-08-2002, 03:16 AM
Traxxas_Tech
My Feedback: (22)

Frankly, I wouldn't be too surprised if they go out of business. I'm building thier G-300 Staudacher kit, it isn't a walk in the park. BAD instructions, difficult to read and relate to the plans, terrible plastic parts, and a few planks of bad wood. If I didnt know what I was doing, then I would have sold it, or thrown it away long ago...

And, Like DAZZLER said first, They Really need to come out with something new, The only ads I've seen for C.G. are for the Extra, as well as several versions of the old "Tiger"... sheez.....

My two cents worth.....
Old 04-10-2002, 09:07 AM
nick.wright
My Feedback: (16)

Default Goldberg models

I sent them faxes, emails, and left voice mail many times. They finally got back with me yesterday. The lady I spoke with said that they had recently lost the lease on their building and were in the process of moving. She gave me a new telephone and fax number to them. I will post those later this morning.
Old 04-10-2002, 09:38 PM
LKG_Bob

Default Thanks Guys !!

Thanks for your responses. I'm surprised that they were not at the show. Doesn't sound like very good news.

I hope they can make it, or maybe sell to someone that has the capital to improve the business and rebuild it to todays standards. It wouldn't be good if they were just taken over by one of the giants suppliers that charge too much and care less about customer service.

I agree, some new planes are needed and they also need to improve the cutting on their old standbys.

Bob
Old 04-21-2002, 11:30 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bowanarrow:

If you never received your ordered and charged for cowl, contact you credit card company and have them remove the charge from your bill. I've seen this kind of thing happen before when a company I was dealing with on another type of product was ailing financially. I had to recover over $3,000.00 worth of credit card charges for a product that was never delivered.

Try Fiberglass Specialties for a cowl, and good luck on the other issue.
Silversurfer
Old 04-22-2002, 12:28 AM
bowanarrow

Default Carl Goldberg

Thanks for the advice on the credit card mess...... it has worked out ok .... I did actually get the credit shown on my newest statement from VISA.

And I just received a cowl and belly pan from Precision Fiberglass. This outfit makes their cowls using epoxy rather than polyester. I thought it might be stronger (????)

I appreciate your contact.
Old 05-14-2002, 09:28 PM
HighFlyer9
My Feedback: (36)

Default Carl Goldberg

Lanier has purchased Carl Goldberg Models. I heard from a reliable source!
Old 05-14-2002, 10:34 PM
KingAirJockey
Banned
My Feedback: (-2)

I too heard the same from a direct source
Old 05-15-2002, 05:23 AM
nick.wright

Default Lanier

Talked to Mac at Hodges Hobbies (good friends with Bubba Spivey, owner and operator for Lanier). He said that Lanier has bought Goldberg.
Old 05-16-2002, 02:04 AM
phaebes

I for one, am very glad to hear that they have been purchased, as opposed to liquidated. Maybe Lanier can make a great line even better.
I will never forget my first kit....the Eagle...even I was able to put it together. It was a tank...took the abuse of a learning beginner and came back for more.
Old 05-17-2002, 02:52 AM
LKG_Bob

Default Lanier ????

I to am hearing that Lanier has taken on the Goldberg product line. Don't know if it was a buyout or some kind of agreement to handle their products. Anyway, I don't know anything about Lanier except what I see in their ads. I've never seen any of their products.

What kind of company is Lanier so far as quality and service?

Thanks, Bob
Old 05-17-2002, 05:08 AM
nick.wright

Default Lanier kits

Bob,
Over the years, I have owned several of Lanier's products. Their kits and ARFs have super high quality. Their laser cutting is awesome and all parts in their kits are just perfect. Bubba Spivey has put together a very fine company for the RCers.
Old 05-17-2002, 06:19 PM
LKG_Bob

Default Nick

Thanks for your response on Lanier. Sounds like the Goldberg line will be a good fit. I sincerely hope Bubba will continue to offer the Goldberg line as complete as possible. I enjoyed their product line just as a lot of RCers have. Still a few Goldberg kits I would like to build.

Think I'll have to give Bubba a try through my LHS.

Thanks again,

Bob
Old 05-17-2002, 09:48 PM
twister
My Feedback: (12)

Default lanier

Gotta love Lanier's photo copied manuals and no hardware!!!!
Old 05-17-2002, 10:33 PM
R Plante

I like the fact there is no hardware .I have my own preferences on what to use so this way I don't end up with a box full of junk.Currently flying 2 Laniers and have built for myself and others at least 15 Lanier kits .Enjoyed building them more than some other brands.
Old 05-22-2002, 07:15 PM
LKG_Bob

Default Lanier -----Goldberg

I sent Lanier an message on the 17th inquiring if they had purchased or were handling the Goldberg Line, and if so when would they be ready to ship orders. As of today there has been no response. I guess Bubba isn't ready to make any kind of announcement.

Oh well, I guess my LHS will be able to get me a Decathalon sooner or later. :disappoin

Bob
Old 05-22-2002, 11:22 PM
nick.wright

Default Goldberg's website

Goldberg's website is currently not available. Bubba and the Lanier gang are making the necessary changes to it. Lanier HAS PURCHASED THE GOLDBERG LINE!!!!!
Old 06-09-2002, 02:55 PM
lnjfarms

Like lgk bob I alos sent lanier a message about goldberg and got no response. Something I will keep in mind before buying anything from them (wal-mart mentality).

Looks like lanier did absorb goldberg models as the address and fax numbers are the same now.
Old 06-09-2002, 03:31 PM
Joss Stick

Default LKG_Bob

I sent you an email where you can get a Decathlon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.