Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

HobbyZone SuperCub Snow flying

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

HobbyZone SuperCub Snow flying

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 06:20 PM
thomasmcnlt6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HobbyZone SuperCub Snow flying

Hi guys
Im not as advanced as you people on here seem to be, im just a teen who thinks that this stuff is cool. I Have the RealFlight G3.5 RC training software, and i got pretty good with it, so for chirstmas, my grandparents got me a SuperCub. One of the easier planes to learn to fly, am I right? Well it snowed here and I thought it would be cool to take it out on some crappy skis I made out of cut up CD's. Is there a set I can buy, or do I have to invest in some wood and a Landing gear set and build a special set of gear?

Input accepted!
Tom
Old 01-31-2010, 06:44 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: HobbyZone SuperCub Snow flying

You can buy some Dubro parkflyer snow skis for $11.00
http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...61.5173.0.0.0?

or you can search on here and there are several guys who build their own snow skis. I'd think CD roms might be a bit heavy and brittle though. Somewhere I remember seeing skis build out of some kind of thin plastic that curled in the front, something like a disposable Tupperware and the used the rounded edge as the front of the skis.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:36 PM
thomasmcnlt6

Default RE: HobbyZone SuperCub Snow flying

Great, thanks so much. I even found another posting that says they fit perfectly on my plane.