Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

The Brison Girl

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 01:07 PM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default The Brison Girl

Onto my soapbox....

We were talking about the worry of having RC advertisements that look like Playboy or Easyrider. I would be offended by such too, but, now you are saying that if Joe Normal has a picture of his 16 yr old daughter wearing shorts, tank top, and holding his beloved airplane, that this is promoting perverse actions, and that you do not want to see it because it is supporting child molestation?

Lets bring in the Talliban and have all women completely covered because it brings the sin out in men.

Other than some of the pictures from the 1980s with paid models in swimsuits, I have not seen any offending pictures in RC. All the pictures I see, including the Brisson Girl, seem to represent women in a everyday setting wearing what they would generally wear to a funfly.

Talking about funflys, I have seen some pretty "exposed" stuff that women and girls are wearing this summer, should AMA impose a dress code?

Well, off the soapbox now.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:12 PM
Klaatu
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Brison Girl

Bill,
I'm sure your joking but I don't get it.
You think he's joking? What could possibly be funny about that?
[/QUOTE]Can we stick to posting pictures of women with airplanes that a large percentage of us want to see(according to the results of the poll).[/QUOTE]
Please note, I did not say anything about posting pictures.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:14 PM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default The Brison Girl

We should ban Patty Wagstaff from promoting her GP Extra 300. Her picture migh be offensive.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:14 PM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

Default The Brison Girl

WOW

Celeritas
I don't think any one of us understands where Bill is coming from with his post! Or don't want to know!

But your stance is not much better saying the inmates you deal with demonstrate more respect for women and have better conversational manners than we do. It just does not fly!

Taildragger
I'm with you 100% Bud!

If you can't stand the heat, don't have your picture plastered out in the populus for all to see.

Yes this thread is headed for the can.

Doug
Old 07-15-2003, 01:18 PM
Klaatu

Default The Brison Girl

Originally posted by Taildragger
Celeritas, I said nothing about children liking to be molested!
No, you did not. William Robinson did. I deleted the rest of your quote because it is obvious that people are having knee jerk reactions instead of actually reading what I am saying.

You do not know me. Trust me, I am not politically correct.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:38 PM
Klaatu

Default The Brison Girl

Originally posted by stomper
WOW

Celeritas
I don't think any one of us understands where Bill is coming from with his post! Or don't want to know!

But your stance is not much better saying the inmates you deal with demonstrate more respect for women and have better conversational manners than we do. It just does not fly!

Taildragger
I'm with you 100% Bud!

If you can't stand the heat, don't have your picture plastered out in the populus for all to see.

Yes this thread is headed for the can.

Doug
Doug, I have never heard an inmate refer to a woman as someone who could scare a dog off of a bone. I have seen men ask women if they could handle their joystick. Okay, do you get it now?

This is the "clubhouse". There was another thread going on about how to attract new people, young peole and women to the sport. My point was and still is, if you or your club tolerates rude and crude behavior, you need to consider your recruiting habits.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:02 PM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

Default The Brison Girl

I dont know about the rest of you, But it think this thread needs to be shut down, its starting to get out of hand.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:09 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Default The Brison Girl

Dago Red,
Look at the bottom of your screen...see where it says "unsubscribe"?

This thread is still talking about behavior in the forums and at the field, except for a couple of off the wall comments, and is not that inflammatory.

Taildragger, Celeritas was not referring to you when he spoke of pedophiles it was Bill's comment. Again you misspoke and don't PM me about it as they make no sense either.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:42 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Default Has to be said.

Originally posted by Dago Red
I dont know about the rest of you, But it think this thread needs to be shut down, its starting to get out of hand.
I can see this thread going nowhere positive
Old 07-15-2003, 03:03 PM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

Default The Brison Girl

Originally posted by BasinBum
Dago Red,
Look at the bottom of your screen...see where it says "unsubscribe"?

This thread is still talking about behavior in the forums and at the field, except for a couple of off the wall comments, and is not that inflammatory.

Taildragger, Celeritas was not referring to you when he spoke of pedophiles it was Bill's comment. Again you misspoke and don't PM me about it as they make no sense either.
I shouldnt have to unsuscribe from a thread though, all threads should stay nice and clean, ect. And yes, i have unsuscribed from threads that i just needed to post a pic in and that was it.

I never thought that anyone was refering to me, never once. And dont tell me when I misspoke,I spoke mine, you telling yours, but no misspoking, and im not gonna PM you complaining about weather they make no sense. I just think that this thread is getting no where, no where at all. Im not flamming at you, im telling you how i feel about my misspoking. thank you, and now im unsubscribing from this thread.
D.R.
Dont take any of this personal, none was meant to be yelling, none in anger, nothin like that, stating my opinion as you stated yours at me.
Old 07-15-2003, 03:18 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Default Re: Has to be said.

Originally posted by visioneer_one
I can see this thread going nowhere positive
Oh, I dunno. In this case down the page and into the past probably is something positive. It's gotten a bit ridiculous and it's done now.

The Brison Girl sure does cause trouble around here.