Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

BT-40 with Right turn tendency.

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

BT-40 with Right turn tendency.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 09:33 AM
Nehru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BT-40 with Right turn tendency.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

I scratch built my BT-40 from the RCM Plans which I orderded from USA it has a .46 size OS FX engine from the very begining this plane of mine has a tendency to turn right I had given a considerable Lt. Engine thrust say about 4 to 5 degrees and it takes a considerable Lt. aileron to fly this plane straight, the plane flies great and I do Banner towing, Parachute dropping with this plane.

Please help me solve this Right Turn problem.

Thanks.

Nehru.
Old 11-26-2002, 10:06 AM
ksechler

Something is not straight. It's as simple as that. The offset engine thrust should account for any torque so the fact that your airplane wants to turn indicates that there is an alignment problem. Check the wing first. The check the stab, fin and fuse. The question ultimately is going to end up being whether to fix the problem or just live with it.
Old 11-26-2002, 12:17 PM
FHHuber
Banned

probably a minir warp in the wings... Find a FLAT door panel, and lay the bottom of a wing panel on it. Hold the forward corners down and measure how far the trailing edge corner that comes up is from the door surface. Repeat with the other wing panel. The outboard rear corner of the wing should be the same amount up from the door on both sides. (usually about 1 inch on a .40 size trainer) When makng this measurement... DON'T include the ailerons... let them flop free from the servo. If the torque rod ends are in the way... hang that much of the wing panel over the edge of the door.

Flex the wing and heat it, retightening the covering to correct the warp. It might take a couple of attempts to straighten things out...
Old 11-27-2002, 12:04 PM
Nehru

I thank you and appreciate your effort to solve the problems which I had put before you.

Thaks once again

Nehru[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2002, 12:09 AM
Nehru

Thanks
I checked the BT-40 once again and found the Tail plane was sligthly inclind towards Rt side I corrected it went for flying and it solved the problem.

Nehru