Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Lowpricerc.com?????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 08:58 AM
speedy72vega

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowpricerc.com?????????

Every so often, when I'm looking through the forums here, I see an advertisement banner for lowpricerc.com. They have a set of air retracts that I might be interested in, but they list no specs, and I have tried e-mailing them a couple of times, asking for some dimentions, with no reply whatsoever.
Has anyone here ever ordered from them? I'm most likely not going to order anything from them unless I can get some signs of life.........
Old 03-12-2010, 09:34 AM
outdoorhunting

Default RE: Lowpricerc.com?????????

It might be a good idea to stay away from them. A while back I was interested in some stuff they had. I ran into the same thing you did. I think they are just a discount brokerage outfit. If you do get ahold of them, they're not going to know anything about the product. I think I'd rather pay a little more for something & know that I can get tech advice & good service!!! Just my opinion Good Luck
Old 03-13-2010, 12:51 AM
speedy72vega

Thanks, I was kind of thinking the same thing. I need a set of retracts for a .50 sized Bobcat. Hobbypartz.com shows the exact ones for the Bobcat, but they never have them in stock.
Thanks for the info, i'll keep looking elsewhere. I just thought, since RCU allowed the banner, that they might try to make sure it's a reputable company.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:12 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have to agree, if they won't respond to your questions, they won't get my money. Good Luck, Dave
Old 03-13-2010, 11:53 AM
outdoorhunting

That's a good question. When RCU accepts an advertizer, do they "qualify them" or is there any kind of reguirements they have to meet??
Old 03-27-2010, 10:45 AM
speedy72vega

Well, here's an update:
Over the last few days, I have been in contact with Ken at lowpricerc.com. He has since updated a few of the item descriptions that I had questions about, giving the dimentions of the mounts.
I have since made some suggestions to him about improving the information on the products, and he said he is going to look into it.
I must say, I now feel much better about ordering from them, knowing that someone is really there, and will answer questions that I have. I have actually received replies from 2 different people there about the same items.

I think i'll give them a shot and place an order for some parts. I'll post another update to let you all know how it goes.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:47 PM
OldNick

Well when I went to their site I was in my Cart and I was popped to Web Ring, without my doing anything AFAICS. I used the back button, was taken to my cart, but was popped straight to web ring again. When I clicked on the web ring link at bottom of page, Firefox opened a new tab. That did not happen when I was popped: web ring opened on the same tab. I emailed them and had a response that said that if web ring was a problem to users they would remove it. So they did respond, but I am not sure what the response actually meant. I have to say that I have tried again and this popping did not happen again, but....

Then in their payment terms thay say (and this is if you pay with PAYPAL! and they insist that you are verified with PP before you can buy)
"For the first time buyers, we may request the following supporting documents:
1) copy of both sides of your credit card;
2) copy of your ID card;
3) copy of your bank statement or utility bill
."

.......isn't that the idea of PP? Hiding your details? Guarantee of payment for the vendor etc? So they want a bank statement, BOTH sides of your CC (that's a signature there guys!) and an ID card.......actually I don't HAVE an ID card.....

I have contacted them about both issues. They may be OK, but given that two people here are now telling them about site info and troubles, they need to get their act in order IMO. For now I will pay the extra few bux.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:01 PM
outdoorhunting

When they start asking for "extra" info, I'm outta there !!! If the wrong person gets a hold of that, (& there's plenty of them out there) it'll cost ya a LOT more that a couple of bucks !!!!
Old 12-19-2010, 05:09 PM
OldNick

Yeah I will be interested to see their reply to my (somewhat disbelieving) email.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:05 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What if there is a problem with a product -like wrong one, defective or whatever-you need someone that you can easily contact and take care of business, if they make it tough to pay them-IMO they will be hard to deal with if you should have a problem-it never gets better after the sale.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:53 PM
OldNick

Normally I would agree, but there is a post here that said that when there were problems the shop was very responsive. Just reckon they need to sort themselves, but that extra info requirement counts me out. I think it's just a thoughtless mistake, but yeah....
Old 12-20-2010, 06:39 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: OldNick

.......isn't that the idea of PP? Hiding your details? Guarantee of payment for the vendor etc? So they want a bank statement, BOTH sides of your CC (that's a signature there guys!) and an ID card.......actually I don't HAVE an ID card.....
Well it works both ways, Paypal protects both Buyers and Sellers.
If you recieve payment from an "un-Confirmed" paypal user the "seller's" protection is unavailable.
Then the Seller is taking the risk a Buyer can dispute the charges and get a refund on items already sent

I never ship to an un-confirmed buyer when using Paypal if it a large $$ amount unless I have some other form of verification, long time RCU users, Long time Ebay user,etc, etc,
Old 12-20-2010, 04:36 PM
OldNick

Thanks for the info. What is unconfirmed? Un verified? Because these guys insist that you are verified and still say they want all my details. If they wanted to know ebay history etc as you suggest I can maybe understand it, but not those details. They want more than any vendor I have dealt with who was not even using Paypal, but a straight card transacation! Photos of both sides of my card....not me!
Old 12-20-2010, 04:43 PM
outdoorhunting

Smart !!!!! If they need more than the normal info, they're NOT getting me as a customer !!!!!!!! I've worked to hard for some jerk to rip me off. I'll just have to do without that "special" plane.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:50 PM
OldNick

Yep. Well I have emailed them and told them I am unhappy, and asked PP about it. PP say suss. I am going to wait two more days for a reply then take it up with PP again. There is such a thing as protecting your ass(ets) but I am looking after mine as well
Old 12-21-2010, 05:58 AM
speedy72vega

Well, to update everyone on my experiences so far, I have now placed 3 orders with them, but mainly just battery connectors and wire. I did place an order for a tachometer and some tailwheels, all orders arrived with no problems. The tachometer seems to be identical tho the one that Hobby King sells, and it was a buck cheaper from lowpricerc. It works ok, but not in flourescent light, needs to be outside in the sunlight to work best.

I never had to send them any copies of my identification, I just go straight through PayPal with no issues.........not sure why they're asking for more info from you Nick.

I haven't gotten up the courage (or funds for that matter) to order any large items, but so far no problems at all.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:12 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: OldNick

Thanks for the info. What is unconfirmed? Un verified? Because these guys insist that you are verified and still say they want all my details. If they wanted to know ebay history etc as you suggest I can maybe understand it, but not those details. They want more than any vendor I have dealt with who was not even using Paypal, but a straight card transacation! Photos of both sides of my card....not me!
That request does sound Odd, and you are smart to be cautious

"Confirmed" is when paypal verifies that the mailing address matches the CC billing address, this is done a few ways through the paypal system. I had moved last year and they (paypal) "un-confirmed" me and made me call a phone number and give them a code number that they had mailed me to confirm my account. I too was upset as the process took a few days and my account was in limbo for those days, and of course this happened while I was trying to pay someone. But I understand this is a security feature that is meant to protect the users, both Me and the Sellers I do business with.

Good luck

Old 12-21-2010, 11:06 AM
OldNick

Ah. OK. Ignore my PM question then! It's been answered.

They did not actually ask me, as I have made no purchase attempts. It's in their terms of payment for Paypal purchases. If they never use it, I feel they would be wise to simply remove it from the terms. I still have not heard back from them.

Nick
Old 12-21-2010, 11:08 AM
OldNick

Sure I can understand why PP may need to re-verify you if you move although I can see why it would be a nuisance. But _because_ PP do that, no vendor should be asking IMO.

Nick
Old 12-21-2010, 07:24 PM
OldNick

OK. In the (important) interest of fairness and also because speedy said they were NOT asked for any further ID and did have successful transactions, here is the explain from the store. They responded promptly and honestly, I feel, and I reckon it's just unfortunate wording on the site. So it looks a genuine site, and their responses have been very helpful as well as prompt. I have seen a lot worse.

"Dear Sir,

For security reason, if we foundsuspicious paypal payment, we will request our customer to show us the data and do the verify with paypal. We will not request all customers to show us the document as most of the customers having verified paypal account. But please notice that we only ship parcel to to paypal account holder to the paypal shipping address. Thank you for your email."

Nick
Old 12-22-2010, 05:39 AM
speedy72vega

That part is true Nick, make sure the shipping address you use is registered on your PayPal account. I always have my packages shipped to my work, since i'm never home to receive them. I registered my work address with paypal as an approved ship-to location, and have never had a problem. If you have multiple addresses registered with them (PP), be sure to change to the one you are using at checkout. Good Luck.