Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Flying in Plainwell, MI

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 10:23 AM
TXAG96
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flying in Plainwell, MI

Is there a flying club in Plainwell, Michigan. I went to a jet fly in there a few years ago. I am moving to the area, but can't find a club there on the AMA site. I know about several other clubs in and around Kalamazoo.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:08 PM
chet-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Southwest Mi. Flying sites!

TXAG96,

No.....not in Plainwell....

You have some choices though,

North of Plainwell there is a club that flies on the south west side of Gun Lake. (about 20 miles from Plainwell) Sorry don't remember their club name, but you can e-mail me for exact directions.

Southeast; (but it looks like they are relocating soon)
Kalamazoo Thunderbirds. They fly At the county park in Galesburg.

SouthWest:
Lawrence Mi. about 30 miles. from Plainwell.

South;
Schoolcraft Mi. just south of town right by US 131.
again about 30 miles.

Battle Creek Maybe too far but a nice club.

At least 3 clubs in the Grand Rapids area.

Well I could keep going, but those are probably your best choices from Plainwell

chet
[email protected]
Old 12-07-2004, 12:51 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Flying in Plainwell, MI

When I was into planes, we used to fly at what is now the new Cemetary east of town. The Thunderbirds don't use the River Oaks Park site much anymore, they have a new field just west of Climax, only a few miles away.
I used to watch the Gun Lake flyers back when I used to fish Bass tournaments at Gun Lake. If you take the Shelbyville exit, head straight east until you come up to the boat launch. They fly behind the stores near the intersection.
Seeing how you are in Richland the Climax site would be the closest to you. Yeah, you're not too far from me, I live up in the Eastwood neighborhood.
Thunderbirds web site: http://kazoot-birds.rcclubs.com/index.html