The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

vantec esc for AM radio?

Old 04-02-2010, 01:08 PM
mainiac68

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default vantec esc for AM radio?

Trying to find the right forum for this post. I put it in scale and radio equipment, now here.

Hi everyone, After too many years away, I'm back into rc boating. I dug out my Midwest "lobstah" boat and need a speed control for it. I use 2 7cell nicad packs in parallel to a 540 size motor direct with the stock red plastic prop. I thought I was going to use a RET411P but they don't recommend these for an AM radio. ( that's what the girl said when I called the 800 number). The boat is set up for an old Futaba ATTACK4 FP-T4NBL AM radio. I want a decent fully propo unit. Future projects will demand new digital radio(s) but want to stick with this for now. I can use my other 2ch AM radios on several sailboats planned.

Thanks in advance for any help given!! Fred
Old 04-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Tommygun

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: vantec esc for AM radio?

Since you have all kinds of space in a scale boat like that, and weight isn't so much a factor, just go with a Dumas MSC like the R/C battleship guys use (ESCs go "poof" when the ship sinks.) http://www.dumasestore.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=317 Guarenteed to work with any proportional radio, drag out your old Orbit or Kraft system if you want.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Kmot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

To answer your question directly, you can use the Vantec with your AM radio. Vantec has been around for decades, and so has this esc. And it was used for decades along with AM radios.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Tommygun

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Kmot

To answer your question directly, you can use the Vantec with your AM radio. Vantec has been around for decades, and so has this esc. And it was used for decades along with AM radios.
There's been an ESC around for multiple decades? I thought they've only been around since the late 80's.

Search this Thread