Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Super Cub Wing ideas?

Old 05-02-2010, 08:05 PM
gKadonoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Cub Wing ideas?

So about a week ago I wasmessingaround with my Super Cub, It was only some small changes butapparentlyit was too much for the plane to handle. My neighbors are not very happy. They said it sounded like a train hit they're house. So, the plane is in about three pieces, the motor and shaft arecompletely bent and even If I wanted to bother fixing it, It would be very challenging.
Now, the funny thing is that the wing iscompletely intact. It was sitting on they're roof for a week till the wind took it down but it iscompletely in one piece.
So, I was just wondering if this hadhappened to anyone else and if they did something with the wing. Such as turn it into a flying wing or attach it to some other plane?
It would be cool to hear from anyone! Thanks. (I might put up some pictures later, They'repretty brutal
Old 05-03-2010, 07:32 AM
outdoorhunting

Default RE: Super Cub Wing ideas?

Sorry about the loss of your plane. However, what in the world were you thinking, flying that close to somebody's house. Have you ever heard of a "safety factor??" Seems to me you're lucky the neighbor don't sue you.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:00 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Agree with outdoorhunting.... and you are not welcome to fly in my neighborhood ever either (nor am I). Homes are living in, not flying into. Go to an area where RC flying is allowed.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:10 PM
gKadonoff

Just to let you people know, I was being very safe and I was flying at a very large and open field. It was just a small accident and the plane got away from me. Iapologized many times and offered to pay for any damage which there was not. They said it was fine! I'm new to the website and just wanted to start up a discussion and you jerks start insulting me. So thanks for the warm welcome!
Old 05-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Disarray

ORIGINAL: gKadonoff

Just to let you people know, I was being very safe and I was flying at a very large and open field. It was just a small accident and the plane got away from me. I apologized many times and offered to pay for any damage which there was not. They said it was fine! I'm new to the website and just wanted to start up a discussion and you jerks start insulting me. So thanks for the warm welcome!
The first response was sorry for the loss of your plane and you call him a jerk?
Old 05-03-2010, 04:09 PM
P47Tbolt
My Feedback: (20)

Nowhere did I read they were insulting you.They only stated the obvious without you stating in your first post
that you were flying in a field and plane got away from you(Beginner?).You never stated how the plane got on the roof or what
happened.They are simply saying to be smart and careful when you are flying.Next time it could hit someone and injure them.
Don't take it personal and start name calling.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:23 PM
outdoorhunting

Sorry you took it the way you did. When learning, you need to have experienced help so things like that don't happen. This is a hobby that can be a lot of fun & very rewarding. It's a hobby that is a LOT harder to do than it looks. Just think of this, depending on size (40 or 60 or bigger) the plane is a (3 to 8 or more) pound missle with propeller (razor blade) spinning at 8 to 9 thousand RPM, traveling up to 70 MPH. Let's say it "gets away" from you & hits someone. At the very least it's going to take stitches or worse (there has been people killed by a runaway planes). We all try to be as safe as we can. You're lucky it didn't do any damage to the house. All it takes is one accident like this & it gives a bad name to our hobby. We were trying to explain when things like that DO happen it can affect us all. In this day &age it's hard enough to get areas to fly in safely. Just be carefull & try to get with a local club for safe instruction. WE ALL have, at one time or another "lost a plane" due to " dumb thumbs or mechanical problems. When it happens at an RC Airfield the likelyhood of hurting someone is a lot less. Also, there will a be an experienced pilot there to help figure out what happened. Welcome to our hobby & Good Luck !!
Old 05-03-2010, 05:38 PM
gKadonoff

Thanks for the advice but I never really said I was abeginner. Just new to the forum. I was just a littlesurprisedat the response I got, I just wanted to start adiscussion.But yeah, sorry about that.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:47 PM
P47Tbolt
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: gKadonoff

Thanks for the advice but I never really said I was a beginner. Just new to the forum. I was just a little surprised at the response I got, I just wanted to start a discussion. But yeah, sorry about that.
If you are not a beginner,I apologize for assuming that,but after working parttime in the local Hobbytown for a
few years,the Super Cub is the beginner plane of choice in this area.And you also said it tha plane got away from you,so
with this little information,one could assume you are a beginner.
If this is the parkzone super cub,parts are fairly inwxpensive to repair it.
Good luck flying

Old 05-04-2010, 08:47 AM
KW_Counter

gKadonoff has a valid point. I have seen this happen many times here.
A person asks a question and the responder goes off in a different direction.
He asked a question and he starts getting hammered for safety.
Had he simply asked what to do with a leftover wing this would not have happened.
I have asked where to purchase something and responders ask what I want it for.
They begin to tell me what else to use or how they do it.
I realize they are trying to be helpful, but often times they aren't.
So why can't responders just answer the question being asked?

Yes, this is a rant,
KW_Counter
Old 05-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Disarray

Build a fuselage for a duraplane and then you can put any wing you want on it. I do this with salvage wings all the time. I am currently flying the top wing and tail feathers of a sun dancer on a gutter pipe fuselage.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:38 PM
gKadonoff

Thank You! Thats all I wanted as a response, a response!
ORIGINAL: KW_Counter

gKadonoff has a valid point. I have seen this happen many times here.
A person asks a question and the responder goes off in a different direction.
He asked a question and he starts getting hammered for safety.
Had he simply asked what to do with a leftover wing this would not have happened.
I have asked where to purchase something and responders ask what I want it for.
They begin to tell me what else to use or how they do it.
I realize they are trying to be helpful, but often times they aren't.
So why can't responders just answer the question being asked?

Yes, this is a rant,
KW_Counter