Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Magazines!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 09:21 AM
STEVO413

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magazines!

Wanted to see if there is any interest in a magazine collection. I have approx 1000 magazines, mostly Model Aviation and RC Modeler, most in very good condition, dating back from the early 60's to present.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Tarasdad

Default RE: Magazines!

Selling? Giving away? Other?
Old 07-03-2010, 06:16 AM
STEVO413

I would like to sell them. Thought someone may be into collecting these. Probably should look locally first, as shipping them might get pricey. If I can't find a buyer, I will probably give them to someone interested as I would hate to just throw them away. Pretty cool to look through them and see the evolution of this sport. Thanks for asking.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:55 AM
MILDBILL-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Stevo, I had done this same thing with all the mag's that I had collected since mid- seventies. We moved last June from Ohio to N.Carolina & didnt want to take them all with us. In Dec. 08 I started placing ads in the for sale section & sold probably half of all I had. By May 09, I still had more than I wanted so I gave some to different doctors & dentists offices for their waiting room reading material. Kids dont have much to read in these places & most said they loved getting them. Also took many to our club meeting to be taken by who ever wanted them. The rest I just threw away. I had saved all the ones I wanted for future builds & good info. Good luck with thinning your collection. Bill
Old 07-03-2010, 07:22 AM
STEVO413

Thanks for the info Bill. I thought someone might want them all for a couple hundred bucks, but like you I will probably give them away.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The club I belong to had a swap meet last weekend, and one of the members was giving some issues of RCM (1977 to 1985) away for free or else they all went in the recycle bin. I took some home for information, some good build articles (Dave Platt's FW-190) the rest I'll probably recycle myself.

Jim