Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

RC banner and video planes

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

RC banner and video planes

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 09:39 PM
Gofer303
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC banner and video planes

I am rebuilding a Sig Kadet LT 40 that has been crashed and partially rebuilt. I want to start a service of banner towing and video for realator's eventually and was wondering if any one has done this already and what is really involved? I am needing to fund my RC addiction so this seems like the best way to do so. Any info and input appreciated.
Larry Pratt
http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/n...det%20LT%2040/
Old 07-25-2010, 10:35 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RC banner and video planes

good luck with that endeavor...i dont think it will work out especially if it involves flying over populated areas....flying a banner at airshows might work though
Old 07-26-2010, 02:49 AM
alltumbs

I hope you like worms, because your opening a can of them. This may sound like a novel idea, but the liability if something goes wrong, and you come down and damage property, or injure someone will cause you more problems than you would care for. Not to mention your AMA insurance (if your a member) would "most" likely be null and void for knowingly and deliberately flying over a populated / residential area. Then there's the complaints from the noise generated by an activity like this. Not the best PR for our sport. Where would you take off and land ...... in the street, again not a good idea. Save the worms for fishing, and find another way to finance your flying. Just my two cents.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:09 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont believe AMA is valid used in a business.
Edwin
Old 07-26-2010, 08:12 AM
warningshot

What size banner will you be towing? What size letters?
Old 07-28-2010, 08:52 PM
STUKA BARRY

Dont take this the wrong way, but leave the banner towing to the AMA Airshow Teams. They are professional about this type of event and doing so, the AMA awards them with substantially more liability insurance than the average member, and most banners are very large to be able to be seen and require large 1/3 scale aircraft for towing. As far as realators go, they use heli's for that, as a heli can position a camera angle with accuracy no need for fly-bys. Again, there are heli pilots that AMA has designated for this type of event.