Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

RCReport online

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 10:14 PM
BillyGoat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCReport online

Looking like its going to be slim, unless Tony has any other pets that can write articles.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:56 AM
pettit
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is with deep regret that I must terminate my affiliation with the “Online†website that “REPORTS†about “R/C†flying. I have been a Contributing Editor for more than 20 years and have enjoyed meeting people, exchanging photos and ideas and trying to provide honest and truthful reviews and opinions to the readership.

However in recent weeks, the financial arrangements under the new Editor have changed drastically, especially in the way authors receive compensation for their work. Sorry to say that I cannot go into any more detail on this subject for obvious legal reasons but you are welcome to interpret this in any way you chose.

Please address any and all comments to both myself and to the Editor at that website whose email address may be found using one of the popular search engines.

It has been an honor and a privilege to work with all of you for the past 20+ years, and I am sure we will see one another at the next flying event.

Thanks for the memories!

Old 09-01-2010, 06:57 AM
pettit

deleted
Old 09-01-2010, 09:09 AM
bolar
My Feedback: (5)

Anyone else uncomfortable with the cover of the September issue? It seems a little over the top for me, why would he use that picture?

Dick, sorry to see you go. I've been getting R/C Report since a little after Gordon started it, and always considered it the best thing in R/C out there. It's sad to see where the on-line version is going.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:11 AM
georgewaldrop
My Feedback: (28)

Dick,

As others have mentioned here, your column will be greatly missed and I only hope that you become associated with another publication we can enjoy it in again. I have been a long time reader/subscriber to RCR and yours was one of the columns I looked forward to every month. I was subscriber #42 when Gordon first started RCR (I subscribed to the "TRIAL" issue) and I haven't missed an issue yet, in the print or online versions, but will be letting my subscription lapse to the RCRO when it comes up this next time (I would do it sooner, but unlike many magazines, they do not offer refunds)...

It was sad to have seen the original, REAL RCR go away, and now to see the direction the RCRO has taken. I have written Tony and Julia a number of times [when Gordons column was removed, when Bill Hurt and Dick Watz column was removed, and a number of other times due to technical issues or just because of the general direction of the RCRO (like that ignorant "pet" column in an RC mag!)] and never gotten a businesslike reply. Julia has always been "snippy" one way or another when she replied (One of Julia's responses was "What? Would you like to see more pretty pictures of airplanes?" I kid you not, that is almost word for word what she said!), and Tony only ever bothered to reply once that I can recall.

Again, You will be missed! Hope to see your column around again soon!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:36 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

Dick, I hope we see your stuff in print again soon.

As for the online version, I'm glad I passed. I too was a subscriber when RCR was a paper fold over.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:18 PM
pettit

I have already done several giant scale reviews for High Flight and one or two are in the works for MAN (can I mention that here?)

Probably no more "monthly columns" though. Too much prep time.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:48 PM
gary9648
My Feedback: (1)

I too will miss writing my scale volumn for RC Report Online. I felt it a priviledge and an honor to pass along things I have learned over the years in RC scale modeling. I look forward to my continued involvment as a flight judge at Top Gun and other scale events. Hope to see you all at the flying fields around the area.
Regards,
Gary Webb
Old 09-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: gary9648

I too will miss writing my scale volumn for RC Report Online. I felt it a priviledge and an honor to pass along things I have learned over the years in RC scale modeling. I look forward to my continued involvment as a flight judge at Top Gun and other scale events. Hope to see you all at the flying fields around the area.
Regards,
Gary Webb
Gary,

See you at Top Gun, and hopefully at Monster Event. I'm trying my best to talk Dick Watz into coming down this time.

Bill Hurt
Waco Brother #1
Old 09-03-2010, 07:00 PM
gary9648
My Feedback: (1)

Bill that would be great. I met him once at Toledo before he became ill and was impressed with him and how easy he was to meet and talk to. See you next year at TG.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: gary9648

Bill that would be great. I met him once at Toledo before he became ill and was impressed with him and how easy he was to meet and talk to. See you next year at TG.
Actually, he's recovered just fine, and even has his Diabetes under control with his diet now. I still talk with him every day, and he is back to building and flying. There were some issues with his eyesight after his illness, but his peripheral vision is good now, so he is starting to enjoy himself again. As I said, I am working on getting him and Sue down here for a long vacation.

Bill, Waco Brother #1
Old 09-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Daniel-EL
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: pettit

I have already done several giant scale reviews for High Flight and one or two are in the works for MAN (can I mention that here?)

Probably no more ''monthly columns'' though. Too much prep time.
Dick,

I'll miss your columns and reviews on RC Report which was the main reason I subscribed. I'll look forward to seeing them in MAN, though, which I also get. I figured something was wrong when I twice requested a reprint of your article on the 40% scale Corby Starlet, told they would take care of it, then got nothing.[>:]

I also got a clue when Gordon got thrown under the bus. Good luck in your new pursuits and please don't quit writing.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:01 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The same goes here, Dick Looking forward to seeing you in writing again.

Daniel, what was that comment about Gordon and the Bus??? I didn't subscribe to the online version, so I'm in the dark a bit...

Bob
Old 09-07-2010, 07:51 AM
pettit

According to Gordon, the new "editorial staff' up and fired Gordon and still owes him a lot of $$$.

Since Gordon still owns the rights to the "R/C REPORT Name", the new folks have to pay him to use it.

Well, they haven't paid him for quite a while.

Same goes for all the writers. Personally, they still owe me close to a thousand bucks.

Also, I will only be doing reviews for MAN, no columns.

Thanks to all for the kind words. It was a nice ride but it's time to jump off the merry-go-round and relax a little.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:12 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What's Gordon up to these days anyway?
Old 09-08-2010, 05:42 AM
pettit

Last time I talked to him, he was back into motocross and trial bikes.

No offense to Gordon, but he's gettin' too old for that kind of punishment.

I know I am!
Old 09-11-2010, 12:17 PM
BillyGoat

ORIGINAL: pettit

Since Gordon still owns the rights to the ''R/C REPORT Name'', the new folks have to pay him to use it.
IMHO Gordon should repo the R/C Report name before it becomes totally worthless. The name could certainly carry over and make for a successful non-subscription website, much like another very popular R/C website we're all familiar with . I'm sure Tony and Julia are fine people but they are way over their heads publishing an R/C magazine.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:46 AM
dirtybird

Could it be that they decided to get rid of the old f**ts and make it a magazine aimed at the younger modeler?
Old 10-01-2010, 02:56 PM
georgewaldrop

ORIGINAL: dirtybird

Could it be that they decided to get rid of the old f**ts and make it a magazine aimed at the younger modeler?
That could very well be, but they will also, eventually loose all of the "old f**ts" that have subscribed to RCReport since day one and chose to also support the online version when Gordon decided the print version was no longer sustainable...from what I have read in this and almost every forum online, many (though certainly not all) of the "younger modelers" are only interested in the "most bang for the buck" (ie Cheapest available option), so why would they support an online pub that has one or two articles a month for more cash outlay than say MAN which also has lots of the coverage and items seemingly most enjoyed by younger modelers (as well as the older modelers by the way)? Just my opinion and observation...I most certainly do not lump each and every young modeler into this category, but I constantly see "yeah, but so and so Hobby has it for $30 cheaper and they ship pretty quickly for it being in China"...

I have no idea if Tony and Julia have taken the ideals you mention, but they HAVE taken the magazine in a direction it has never been before...irrelevancy.

Have a Blessed Day!
George
Old 10-01-2010, 05:34 PM
dirtybird

But MAN doesn't have any dogs. (literally, not figuratively)
Old 10-01-2010, 07:03 PM
AmishWarlord

MA dose. I blame Dave Brown. He started all this dog stuff years ago.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18234.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	1509604  
Old 10-01-2010, 07:09 PM
meanrc
My Feedback: (2)

Hey I'm one of those OLD f**ts Maybe bring Gordon back and all will be happy. Many great times in the Olden days.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:04 PM
dirtybird

You know those commercials that if you take one of those pills and you have an erection that lasts more than four hours you should call your doctor? I wondered what you should do if you had a four hour erection and you hadn't taken one of those pills.
I emailed Gordon and asked him.
He said that didn't know about me but if it happened to him he would get down on his knees and give thanks.
Now that's an old f**t!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:47 AM
georgewaldrop

ONE of my points EXACTLY! I have no idea why Tony and Julia think a column [more or less] about pets belongs in an RC magazine...but that is JMHO...I realize there are those who may think it is cute...I don't buy an RC magazine to read anything but RC articles, etc. I realize they have tried to make that column somewhat RC related by making the pets "write" about RC events, but there is already another section of the magazine that advertises RC events. I really miss the great columnists they have had in the past, such as Bill Hurt, Dick Watz, Dick Pettit, Gordon Banks, and many others...the articles they have now don't have much "meat" to them regarding RC...There ARE a few articles, or portions of articles that are pretty good, but there simply are not the quantity nor quality of articles there were when Gordon edited it.

I have been so disappointed in the RCRO that if they offered a refund for unused issues, like many magazines do, I would have already been gone, but they do not.....I will not be renewing my subscription for the first time since Gordon printed the "Preview" issue...I had subscription number 42 to RCR; I never let it lapse, including signing up with RCRO when Gordon let us all know that he felt Tony would keep it the same...Gordon, you were wrong this time my friend...

Have a Blessed Day!
George
Old 10-04-2010, 06:06 AM
pettit

In the October issue, I see that the present management has enough funds to start a new feature.

The ability to download the issues to your "Kindle" hand held electronic book.

But they don't seem to have the funds to fulfill their debts to the former writers.

Hmmmmm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.