Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Servo lead Crimping

Has anyone sucessfully crimped 22g. silicon wire using Air Wild Hobbies crimping tool and lugs and sockets purchased from them. It appears the silicon wire insulation and the twisted ,stripped wire are too large for the pins and sockets for a satisfactory,and successful crimp to be made.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Servo lead Crimping

I use a pair of heavy duty needle nose pliers and crimp each tang separately. I use 22 or sometimes 20 gauge Teflon insulated wire and sometimes the insulation is a bit tight going into the connector.

I use locking plugs and sockets for wires that have to be disconnected to take the plane apart. They're available through DigiKey online.

WM2901-ND male
    WM2534-ND female
    WM2572-ND Male pin
    WM2576-ND Female pin

I know I'll get some flak on this but I also put a tiny amount of solder on each wire to pin joint, not enough to stiffen the wire and cause a stress point, but it seems to help.
    Dick Pettit
    WACO Brotherhood #168
    Balsa USA Brotherhood #41

If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops, please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them!!!!!