Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

What's even more exciting on a Monday night than surfing RCU?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

What's even more exciting on a Monday night than surfing RCU?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 08:52 PM
warbird addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What's even more exciting on a Monday night than surfing RCU?

Dude if I was you I'd just fix the damned gate and keep hush about it, the leo's have a zillion more ways of hasseling you than you have of hasseling them and trust me if you even try holding a leo accountable for their actions it will amount to nothing more than a minor irratation to them.
On the other hand should they take offense to it they can and usually do make your life miserable with nothing more than the swipe of their pen. just let it go and don't cause yourself alot of unwanted attention "cuz ya ain't gonna get anywhere with it" the law is on their side not yours and they know every angle there is
Old 08-31-2010, 12:24 AM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

Glad your family & dogs are OK. I fully agree you are owed a sincere apology and complete repairs. I hope your department makes it right, you should point it out & give them the opportunity. I've some friends who are LEO's, but they are really kind, decent and sadly in the minority. If you met them, you'd never guess they were in law enforcement. Many now are in it for the glory & have the classic hero complex, are very arrogant & uncaring. Not a good example for their department or our community. Shame on the 'cars in your drive' comment - "judge not and be ye so not judged"! Doesn't matter if it's Beverly Hills or less, we should all get the same treatment from our public servants.
Had a similar incident a few years ago where undercover cops were involved in a foot-chase down our street. You couldn't tell the good guys from the bad, everybody had shirt, jeans and Glocks drawn & waving. Glad in that case no one had an accidental discharge - other than mine!
Old 08-31-2010, 03:52 AM
Oilsands

I say that they did not handle the situation after properly. One of the two officers should have came to your home and informed you of the gate and what you can do about getting it repaired. They should have also appologized for the disturbance in your yard. But that is more the officers and not the department or force. But then again, in the heat of the moment some things are overlooked and forgot about afterwards.

As for the dogs, if they got out there is a possiblilty that the officers may or could have shot them. But that depends on the kind of threat they perceived them to be at that time, again some of it depends on the officers. They also had OC spray that they could have used as well, again depends on the threat they perceive.

Glad no one was hurt! They do have a hard job to do!
You could go to the detachment and ask to speak to a public affairs officer and let them know how you felt about the situation and about what almost happened to your dogs getting out, not to complain but to help them learn. They should also be able to tell you how to go or who to see about getting your gate repaired.
There are some bad apples and some that are starting to go bad, some with attitudes as well. But there are still a lot of good people out there that try to do the right thing all the time.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:24 PM
Tjettzky

Someone beat me to the FOOTBALL! punch, so I'll say; New Episodes of Chuck on NBC!

I am happy that your entire family (both two legged and four legged) escaped the event unharmed. Sorry about your gate, but I wouldn't hold out hope on an apology. Granted, I'm sure the cops do feel bad and probably intended to apologize for breaking your gate (they are Canadian after all ), but you have to realize that since they were in a situation that had shots fired and required them to take defensive positions with guns drawn, their stress level was probably even higher than yours at that point. Their focus during and after that event was to subdue and apprehend the bad guy(s), get them in the car, down to the station, book 'em, file the appropriate paperwork (in both English and French ) and start working on the next bad guy. They probably didn't give you and your gate another thought until they were clocked out and discussing over a Molsen whether Khabibulin should do more time for his DUI or for taking the Oilers money and leading them to a lack-luster season before ditching them for Russia and Mega-Rubles. Again, I'm sure they didn't mean to not speak with you, but their minds were probably on the task at hand, which were the bad guys in your neighborhood.