Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Ebay ARF plane.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 05:44 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay ARF plane.

I saw a listing for a ARF on ebay called a SkyDancer. So I felt bad for the late Fred Reese and went to look at some hack job copy of the Cloud Dancer. I found a strait wing ARF that wasn't a copy of the Cloud Dancer. I thought "Why huge ugly opening under the canopie"? Then I saw that the canopie was a open cockpit with a head rest like the Astro Hog. Why on earth would they make this part out of clear lexan instead of ABS? Also since your going to make it out of lexan why not just use red lexan?

Yes, I know car guys! "Just paint the inside red". In the world of ARF planes most people don't like to mess with paint. Heck most wont even put on the decals before they go out and fly it!

So anyway if you see one of these buggers flying at your local field with just the clear canopie please take a pic of it and post it here!

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-40-55-Skydan...ntrol_Vehicles

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60794.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	1489729   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88785.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	1489730  
Old 08-24-2010, 05:56 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ebay ARF plane.

Oh here is my old ARF Cloud Dancer. It has a white ABS "open cockpit" or you can glue the clear canopie over that.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52656.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1489733   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24561.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	1489734