Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hello my name is...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 02:20 AM
C-FFFS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello my name is...

Hi everyone.
I've been reading this forum all night, decided to join and just wanted to introduce myself.

About20 years ago Ibuilt and flew several RCairplanes. Loved it, but life got in the wayand I slowly drifted away from it. Now I've got the time and want to get back into it. I'm planning on spending this long winter working on a scale model which type is still to be determined.

I was contemplating a somewhat large scale Hawker Siddelly HS-748 but can't seem to find any plans or the like, if anyones heard ofor seen this anywhere please let me know...that's more of a dream anyway. Realistically I'd like to find a nice scale kit of either a 180, beaver, or a norseman (all with wheels, skis, and floats). Been looking at the Unionville Norseman 63", any comments?

The specs need to fit what I've got available to me, which is a limited workspace (apartment), so 6' span, .45 two stroke engine(planning on getting a 4stroke if the plane is worth it), and a 6ch radio.

Looking forward to picking all your brains for tips and ideas, and sharing the experience.

FFS

Old 08-24-2010, 05:29 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Hello my name is...

ANY plane is worth a 4-stroke!

Welcome back to the insanity. I can't comment on the planes you've chosen, but just wanted to welcome you to RCU. You've probably noticed by now that there are hundreds of forums. I would suggest asking your question in the "Kit Building" or "Scale Planes" forum. there are lots of gurus there who can probably help you out.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:42 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vintage RC Plans makes a Norseman 84"ws. Saw one in a club I used to belong to. And welcome back, lots has changed in the last 20 years.
Edwin
Old 08-24-2010, 12:59 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

If you are just starting back you might consider electric power. .40 size is ideal for electric power.
Consider this: no smoke,no oil, no dirt and no noise. Best for an apartment dweller.
Also the airplanes you mention are primarily float planes. Its nice to have a motor you can remotley restart if you land in the middle of a lake
Old 08-24-2010, 01:03 PM
outdoorhunting

Electric is OK.But don't "NITRO" just sound I don't know Manly??? & the fumes, I can smell them now !!! Excuse me, I gotta go out in the shop for a while !!!! Hehehe