The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

ATLANTA HOBBY

Old 08-24-2010, 02:42 PM
tee681

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ATLANTA HOBBY

I was on vacation so i went to pay a visit to Atlanta hobby . When i walked in no body said nothing like may i help you or how are you today so i thought ok thair busey so i looked around when i did ask it was like i was bothering them very unfrindley did not want to be bothered i even ask obout if thay were go to carry a local buniness products & all thay did is bad mouth them maby mail order is ok but to go & buy something from them i am done . If you want to see a real hobby store go to GRAVES HOBBY in orlando FL very nice & nothing like you have ever seen .
Old 08-24-2010, 03:55 PM
STUKA BARRY

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: ATLANTA HOBBY

Quote:
ORIGINAL: tee681

I was on vacation so i went to pay a visit to Atlanta hobby . When i walked in no body said nothing like may i help you or how are you today so i thought ok thair busey so i looked around when i did ask it was like i was bothering them very unfrindley did not want to be bothered i even ask obout if thay were go to carry a local buniness products & all thay did is bad mouth them maby mail order is ok but to go & buy something from them i am done . If you want to see a real hobby store go to GRAVES HOBBY in orlando FL very nice & nothing like you have ever seen .
Graves is awesome. So many employees your constantly getting help. I visit there about 4 years ago, aiplanes everywhere and all documented as far as what it is and the price.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:21 AM
Cliffw

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: tee681

Graves is a great shop, See Neil when there as he is a friend of mine. I am not quite sure who you talked to yesterday at the shop as there were 3 of us here in the shop all day. Yes we are a mail-order company and yes with a small staff we are always slammed packing boxes and taking orders and doing tech support on the phones but we do not ignore anyone and in fact with the theft we have had lately we watch everyone really well. Now with that being said, we will not run up and greet you nor will we hound you like a retail store does (we are not a retail store) and in fact we encourage you to open the boxes and take a look at all we have to offer but we will not stand there with you or we could never get anything done. We have a very small walk in base and the locals know what they want and come and get it understanding the asset we provide the local crowd and the small staff we have to remain profitable.

I will say that Tuesdays are especially busy for us (that being the day you posted this note 08/24) as we are finishing with the hundreds of orders we receive each Monday. We are on deadline all day for those packages as well as are working hard on a live radio broadcast we produce each Tuesday evening (another deadline) so it can be quite frantic. We are happy to shoot the SH!@# but you will need to hang with us as we are always moving and simply can not stop and have a sit down conversation.

One question though, I do not understand what you said when you stated " i even ask obout if thay were go to carry a local buniness products & all thay did is bad mouth them". We do not bad mouth anyone, in fact we send folks every day to the other retail locations around town and those stores will gladly confirm it.

Anyway, sorry if you had a bad experience, that is certainly not typical (the opposite is quite true if you read these and other boards), I will speak to the guys in the shop and see if they remember you. If you decide to visit again ask for me direct and I will show you around.

Cliff
Old 08-25-2010, 08:20 AM
landeck

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Cliff, I am a local who stops by Atlanta Hobby every so often on my way home from the GMA field. Since I am a glow flyer and your emphasis is on electric, I do not buy much but I still enjoy looking around. When I have questions I have always had them answered and I have never heard any of you bad mouth anyone or any business. I am delighted to have you on the north side of Atlanta.

Bruce

Search this Thread