RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Minnflyer (AKA Mike Buzzeo) has unexpectedly passed away (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/11036716-minnflyer-aka-mike-buzzeo-has-unexpectedly-passed-away.html)

weathervane 04-11-2012 03:56 PM

RE: Minnflyer (AKA Mike Buzzeo) has unexpectedly passed away

Wow, this is such a shock. I got to meet Mike (and RCKen) at Toledo 5 years ago. He was such a cool guy. He will be missed for sure. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
-Andrew

Bill Vargas 04-11-2012 04:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Man thats a bummer to hear, I chatted with Mike since the 1st beginning of RCU. My condolences.

BV

R.I.P. Mike

thailazer 04-11-2012 04:18 PM

G Barber... Thank You for passing this on and well said. We will all surely miss this fine man. Sincere condolences to his family as their loss is surely deeper than ours.

Stik-n-Rdr 04-11-2012 04:29 PM

I'm very sorry to hear of Mr. Buzzeo's passing. My condolences to out to his family and friends. RCU, and RC folks in general, have lost a great resource. RIP MinnFlyer.

crossman 04-11-2012 04:48 PM

Minnflyer was one of the names that you could always count on here for good solid advice and encouragement. We will all miss him greatly and should be glad that we had the opportunity to benefit from his knowledge.

God Bless, Mike, you will be missed and remembered.

rgm762 04-11-2012 04:56 PM

RIP thoughts and prayers go to the family

iflircaircraft 04-11-2012 05:06 PM

Mike Buzzeo....1954-forever.......His devotion will live on. May the winds be warm and light and the sun to his back.

Tom

vicman 04-11-2012 05:22 PM

Dang.
I really liked that guy. [&o]

Rv7garage 04-11-2012 05:25 PM

Wow :(

Minnflyer was an RCU icon, and his contributions to the hobby have been immense. His knowledge helped me personally more than once.

Thanks, Mike... and Blue Skies.

EJWash1 04-11-2012 05:29 PM

Prayers and condolences.<div>
</div><div>Rest.</div>

foodstick 04-11-2012 05:59 PM

I can't even believe it... His posts and presence on the forums was everywhere I seem to be.
Its a sad day indeed. The best to all his friends and family, he WILL be missed here very much ...

SDCrashmaster 04-11-2012 06:08 PM

Very sad to hear of Mike's passing. His wit and wisdom, and knack of distributing it, will be sorely missed here. My deepest condolences to his family.
Paul

SeaJay 04-11-2012 06:18 PM

I never got to meet Mike in person, but I was the recipient of multiple words of wisdom and advice, and I, among many, will greatly Miss his presence here on RCU.  His Passing is a great loss to His Family, and to Our RCU Family.. 

Clear Skies for you, Mike...   Thank you for all you have done!!

Craig... 

topspin 04-11-2012 06:43 PM

I was deeply saddened to hear about Mikes passing. I didn't know him personally but he helped me out on several threads over the years answering my questions the way a real hobbyist helps another. He gave a lot and will be terribly missed here. My heart goes out to his family and friends for this tragic loss.

brockettman 04-11-2012 07:10 PM

R.I.P. Mike Buzzeo... Deep condolences to his family, and may they find peace.

cannonball200 04-11-2012 07:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
RIP Mike..... I loved it when he told about the reunion of his dad, Pat Buzzeo (Crew Chief), and Jessie Frey ( Captain), from WWll fame getting together in 10 - 2010. They all even got to ride in the P-51 named "Ain't Misbehavin" after the plane they flew and worked on in the War, which was awesome in itself. I wish his family my condolences.
Eddie of OKC

7ECflyer 04-11-2012 07:46 PM

What a loss to the community. I mostly lurk here these days, but I've chatted with Mike via PM several times over the years, and he was truly a class act. I've been in this hobby off and on since about 1982, and I never failed to learn something new from his how-to articles. I was looking at one of his articles this last weekend and was thinking of asking him how he made the illustrations in his articles. They are wonderful. Does anyone know what he used to make them?

SeamusG 04-11-2012 08:01 PM

Mostly Photoshop. He could never convince me to switch.

larrysogla 04-11-2012 08:09 PM

I never met Mike but his knowledge base was extensive and far reaching...............and he was always sharing it with the RC community............a very great resource to all of us RC'ers. He came across in his posts as very helpful, very skilled and just an all around people person..............a good man and a good RC internet resource. He was a blessing to all of us. Condolence to his family.
God Bless. Larry.

Redback 04-11-2012 09:17 PM

I live a long way off, have never met Mike and was probably never likely to.

Nevertheless I feel a sense of shock and loss at hearing of his passing. I have read many of his posts and feel that through them that in some small way I knew him.

He will be missed.

Terry

AB Bob 04-11-2012 10:59 PM

I learned a tremendous amount from reading Mike's articles and reviews.
As stated, his posts were always based on years of experience. I read what he had to say and knew I could trust what he said.
My best wishes to his family and friends that they may find peace.
Godspeed Minnflyer.....

Rate1 04-12-2012 12:19 AM

My sincere condolences to Mikes family.
Mike, thank you for your pm's and friendlyness. Many will miss you buddy.

Thisstrangeengine 04-12-2012 01:11 AM

Wow, what a downer... ;( He left his mark all over this community and will surely be missed. :(
My sincere condolences to his family.

splcrazy 04-12-2012 01:21 AM

he is now flying rc's in heaven , rest in peace man .

P47Tbolt 04-12-2012 02:30 AM

Minnflyer will be missed for sure.never met him,but he would help you
in any way possible.

My prayers to the family and friends.
Roy G