RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Minnflyer (AKA Mike Buzzeo) has unexpectedly passed away (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/11036716-minnflyer-aka-mike-buzzeo-has-unexpectedly-passed-away.html)

Zor 04-13-2012 10:41 PM

RE: Minnflyer (AKA Mike Buzzeo) has unexpectedly passed away

ORIGINAL: kochj

Missed for sure...

What was the cause?

I for one would like to know...eventhough we will all be going there one way or another....
It is the Family that is left grieving ....I
I am also curious.
To go at such a young age.

Edited to correct "youn" to "young"

Ron Olson 04-14-2012 04:20 AM

Let's put it this way, a few people on this site know what the cause of death was but aren't saying. Sometimes it's just none of our business.
Remember the passing of Chris Chianelli a couple of years ago? His family didn't even reveal his age much less the cause of his death!
I highly doubt that it was something embarrassing or anything that your mind could conjure up so let that part rest. If his family wishes to let us know sometime down the road then that's their option. Yes, I'm curious also being about 2 years older than Mike but I also respect the families wishes.

ram3500-RCU 04-14-2012 04:52 AM

Very very sad to hear this. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

CustomPC 04-14-2012 05:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Redback

I live a long way off, have never met Mike and was probably never likely to.

Nevertheless I feel a sense of shock and loss at hearing of his passing. I have read many of his posts and feel that through them that in some small way I knew him.

He will be missed.

+1

I always enjoyed reading his articles and posts. It's a sad day for the global RC community.

Tango Juliet 04-14-2012 07:28 AM

I haven't been on the forums much lately and am just learning of Mikes passing. I considered him a friend and he will be greatly missed. I always enjoyed his writing style (both wit and wisdom). I was able to meet he and Ken (RCKen) 3 years ago at Joe Nall Week, and again the following year. Sad that I won't be able to see him again.

BarracudaHockey 04-14-2012 07:29 AM

It really is the families decision so please don't tarnish this thread needlessly.

WILDCRASHWILLY 04-14-2012 09:51 AM

It is with heavy heart that I offer prayers and condolences for Mike's family. He has provided great advice for many of us here on the forums over the years.

G.Barber 04-14-2012 11:48 AM

The service was perfect, and we had a beautiful day to lay him to rest - blue skies and calm winds!

May you forever be at peace, Mike.

Vintauri 04-14-2012 12:03 PM

I'm sorry i was unable to make it there Geoff. I'm glad it was such a nice day for his service. I hope in some way his family felt the outpouring of support from all areas of Mike's life.

sirzepp 04-14-2012 02:15 PM

He will be missed.  Even in my short time here I found him to be an invaluable source of information.  He also never failed to entertain when he was writing/reviewing.

SeamusG 04-14-2012 04:18 PM

Mike B. has been such a great model for all of us at RCU. I am so impressed to find that "R/C" was only part of what made up Mike. Family, theater, cooking, travel and much more I'm sure. Mike's legacy includes in no small way that he improved all of ours and many others lives.

Em, wonder what Mike's "go to" music was? ;)

Lnewqban 04-14-2012 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: G.Barber

The service was perfect, and we had a beautiful day to lay him to rest - blue skies and calm winds!

May you forever be at peace, Mike.
Thank you, Barber.

I have been away from RCU for a while, and returning tonight, I have been deeply saddened by this tragedy.

I met Mike and his dad Pat during one of the frequent trips of Mike to Florida to visit him.
He liked the Cuban dish "Seviche" as much as telling stories about Pat as a RC pilot and a P-51 mechanic during the war.

By then, I was just starting in RC and could barely speak English; however, he treated me like a close friend since the first moment, and still he took the time to talk to me and keep correspondence for years, always teaching me something new and interesting.

I feel very sorry for his family and friends and share their pain.

Mike has been one of the most balanced persons that I have known; he also had a great practical and common sense.
I believe that his life was rich in experiences and friends.

Mike was always willing to teach others and to transmit the joy of flying and living.
His clear schematics had a personal seal here in RCU and were always worth a thousand words.

This World was a better place while he was here.

May his soul rest in peace.

F4U Corsair 04-14-2012 08:35 PM

What a shocker, how sad to see him leave us in the prime of his life. He was a wealth of RC knowledge, who loved to share it with all of us. A great man of character. We will miss you Mike!

fairplane 04-14-2012 11:16 PM

I offer my deepest sympathy and prayers for the family and friends of Mike AKA Minnflyer. I have used and saved his advice in the past and was quite shocked to hear of this tradgedy. I haven't been on RCU for a while and as the new flying season approaches I was once again looking for advice. Even as Mike has passed I still found his advice to be invaluable today. This is a great loss for the R/C community-Mike, we will all miss you! Regards Harold Lesser PR manager Prince Albert Aero Modellers- Saskatchewan Canada

dioncuda 04-15-2012 12:12 AM

I am sad to hear this news too. Makes you think how long we have on this world.
I need to live more and i will fly tomorrow for Minn. RIP..

vasek 04-15-2012 01:41 AM

ORIGINAL: dioncuda

I am sad to hear this news too. Makes you think how long we have on this world.
I need to live more...
I am roughly the same age and I had the exact same thought when I learned... [8D]

wings 04-15-2012 03:03 AM

I remember when I first started flying RC I was on these forums day and night and Minnflyer was always here to help...

I didn't know him personally, but it was like a kick in the gut when I learn of his death from RC Ken at the end of the Toledo video.

Prayers go out to his family and personal friends here at RCU.

RIP Minnflyer

evaristus 04-15-2012 05:28 AM

God bless him, my prayers for his family prompt resignation in the knowledge he is with God.

Steve Steinbring 04-15-2012 07:23 AM

In your honored memory Mike,

High Flight

By John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

"Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth,
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed and joined the tumbling mirth of sun-split clouds -
and done a hundred things You have not dreamed of -
wheeled and soared and swung high in the sunlit silence.
Hovering there I've chased the shouting wind along
and flung my eager craft through footless halls of air.

"Up, up the long delirious burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace,
where never lark, or even eagle, flew;
and, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
the high untrespassed sanctity of space,
put out my hand and touched the face of God."

Fly2XS 04-15-2012 08:32 AM

Geoff Barber,
Thank you for the updates and the details on the services. It was a beautiful day and the church services were wonderful. It was great to meet Mike's wife and brother. Always remember that we are an extended family in the brotherhood of model aviation.
I'll see you at the next swap meet!

Scott

NitroWoman 04-15-2012 08:53 AM

My pirate king is gone, my heart aches. The world is now a lesser place without him. Rest in Peace Mike.[:o]

SCOTT42 04-15-2012 05:57 PM

Im shocked, ive not been on the site for a few days and this news is not what I was exspecting to see. He has taught me personally alot and I have more to learn, Im sad he's not gonna be there to learn from. R.I.P I will miss you.

bigedmustafa 04-16-2012 12:05 PM

Add my name to the very long list of folks who will miss reading Mike's insightful perspectives on many things related to (or not related to) RC flying. His "how to" articles, event coverage, and product reviews were always a joy to read. He had an enthusiasm for teaching and sharing that is all too rare.

Minnflyer had a knack for being one of the first folks to reply to a forum post because of his genuine passion and interest concerning the topic. I don't think Mike ever "phoned it in" even one time here at RCU, and I suspect he didn't just "go through the motions" with regard to any of his other interests or activities, either. I always got the impression that he was excited about everything he was doing, because he wouldn't bother with it if he didn't find it exciting to begin with.

Mike was at the top of a long list of folks here at RCU that make this web site a true community and not just a message board or forum. Minnflyer was the best of us, and his passing will leave our community here feeling saddened and a little empty for a long time to come. I can't imagine the impact of losing such a warm, wonderful person will have on Mike's friends and family. My prayers and thoughts go out to you during your time of loss.

Crash Campbell 04-16-2012 03:18 PM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Redback

I live a long way off, have never met Mike and was probably never likely to.

Nevertheless I feel a sense of shock and loss at hearing of his passing. I have read many of his posts and feel that through them that in some small way I knew him.

He will be missed.

+2

RIP Mike

kram 04-16-2012 07:26 PM

That Sucks!

Take the day off.

Go Flying.

Tell someone you love them.

Goodbye, Mike.

:(

mt