RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Is Rcuniverse going down the tubes? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/11079024-rcuniverse-going-down-tubes.html)

Iflyglow 05-13-2012 06:55 AM

Is Rcuniverse going down the tubes?

Is Rcu going down the tubes? I have been trying to get help with an add that was placed on friday. I happened to get the server error page while submitting an add in the market place, and it copied the same exact add 4 times charging my account $38.00!!!!!! I have left trouble tickets, pm's and posted threads in the market place help forums, all to no avail. I do not get a responce from anyone!!!! The headace is allmost not worth the effert to even use this site anymore since it appears as if it is a sinking ship since the same problems only seem to be getting worse. I have been useing this site since 2002 and it only seems to be getting worse. Maybe this will get some attention because nothing else seems to be doing the trick!

UPDATE!!!!
It was a week yesterday, and still no responce from the trouble tickets, pm's, and threads in the market place help forums. This site is appearing to be a joke, since they can charge fee's, but evidently have no support whatsoever if there is a problem.[:@][:@][:@]

vpresley 05-13-2012 07:15 AM

RE: Is Rcuniverse going down the tubes?

Yep, seems to be doing the slow sink to oblivion, have you tried RC Groups? Small but works well.

Vince

Iflyglow 05-13-2012 07:22 AM

Geese I tried to make a response and i got another error screen. Yes, I am a member there too, but chose to sell it here, and right now I have been soaked for the $38 charges.
Dave

Iflyglow 05-13-2012 09:22 AM

Still, no responce from anybody about the bogus $38 dollar charges because of RCU's server errors. I guess no one really runs this site!!! I reported the problem on friday and have not got a responce from anybody that can do anything about it.[:@][:@]

BasinBum 05-13-2012 10:20 AM

Most businesses do not have weekend customer service to deal with non-emergency issues. Do you really think your issue will not be resolved? So far you are not out any money and it's just accounting numbers that can easily be adjusted during normal business hours.

Maybe you'd be better off on Craig's List and Ebay since those sites never have problems.

G8er 05-13-2012 11:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Iflyglow

Geese I tried to make a response and i got another error screen. Yes, I am a member there too, but chose to sell it here, and right now I have been soaked for the $38 charges.
Dave
Have you tried fixing the probelm starting with Your computer? I have never had a probelm with this site that the select few of you keep complaining about. I suggest you install the newest web browsers my advice is to go with Firefox, google chrome has troubles with certain websites, and internet explorer seems overall bad. Also you should delete your cookies,cache, and maybe your oeverall history to free up of that garbage space. If you dont know how to delete cookies google "how to delete cookies (instert browser name)".

Live Wire 05-13-2012 12:59 PM

Joined 1/2/2012
Man you missed out on all the fun:eek::D:D

Iflyglow 05-13-2012 01:18 PM

ORIGINAL: G8er

Dave
Have you tried fixing the probelm starting with Your computer? I have never had a probelm with this site that the select few of you keep complaining about. I suggest you install the newest web browsers my advice is to go with Firefox, google chrome has troubles with certain websites, and internet explorer seems overall bad. Also you should delete your cookies,cache, and maybe your oeverall history to free up of that garbage space. If you dont know how to delete cookies google ''how to delete cookies (instert browser name)''.

This is the only site I have problems with. And by the Way, how many adds have you placed here? The major problems I have are with submitting adds, and the total lack of any support!!!!! I have been doing business on here since 2002, and it is just getting worse. If my web browser is the problem, then why is this the only site that I ever expereince a problem.:D

scale only 4 me 05-13-2012 01:26 PM

please post the links to the ads you placed,, it seams the search isn't working on the MP

Iflyglow 05-13-2012 01:36 PM

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

please post the links to the ads you placed,, it seams the search isn't working on the MP
Thats another function that does work.

The other three identical adds have been archived.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=843490

eddieC 05-13-2012 05:37 PM

Have you tried fixing the probelm starting with Your computer?
Thanx, that must be it!  The SCORES of us with problems, many on the site for years, must be mistaken.   :eek:

Chutzpah, party of one, your table's ready.  :)

MetallicaJunkie 05-14-2012 01:59 AM

even though RCU is my main RC forum, i feel that RCU is going down at a slowly but surely rate.... It is no where near the place it was when i first joined.....i started noticing this decline when it started running like crap...im sure some has to do with people getting out of the hobby in one way or another, but then again there is a Giant forum that is growing

scale only 4 me 05-14-2012 04:58 AM

I wonder if this guy has seen his bill yet [X(]

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=843902

Iflyglow 05-14-2012 03:26 PM

Still no responce from anybody that can do anything. Rcken did return a pm stating the guy was on vacation.:) Time will tell what happens here. Other than his reply to a pm I sent him, I have not heard a wink from anybody about the many trouble tickets and so that where created when it did this. I am beginning to lose faithe in this site. The reason I like to sell things on here, is becasue of the good experiences I have had dealing with RCU members. I am starting to reconsider ever useing this site again for that since this is a major headache.:eek:

Iflyglow 05-14-2012 05:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I left the site up for a little while I ran to the store, and guess what. This is the error I got when trying to go to check this thread.:D

Iflyglow 05-14-2012 06:00 PM

Just like mine only mine was x 4.:D

I wonder if this guy has seen his bill yet [X(]

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=843902

scale only 4 me 05-14-2012 06:24 PM

I left the site up for a little while I ran to the store, and guess what. This is the error I got when trying to go to check this thread.:D
OMG I got the same error a few minutes ago,, good thing my wife locks up the knifes. :)

Bill Vargas 05-14-2012 07:29 PM

it all works fine for me :D

vicman 05-14-2012 07:46 PM

MJ, I have been here a long time and made some pretty great friends thru this site. I've noticed a change from about two years ago. I have questioned weather it was me just changing in my model habits or the site.
After the past year's antics I don't think it's me. I still build the same stuff and like the same guys. The site has become less...
The bad part is I really don't like the other one nearly as much.
First Greenbrt, then Dicknadine, and then Minnflyer, is RCU next?

ira d 05-14-2012 08:44 PM

I think RCU is much improved over what it was a month or two ago, Will it ever get to where it was before it changed hands I dont know but all in all it seems
to be working fairly well for the most part.

larrysogla 05-14-2012 11:26 PM

When most businesses that are doing reasonably well and then the business is sold usually goes on a negative slope............because the new owners are trying to recoup their investment dollars and will cut corners to save on expenses. Remember that businesses are bought by other businesses through a business loan and the new owners have a business loan plus interest to pay to the bank..............so they cut corners and all that nasty business manueverings that we call cost cutting. So we have businesses that are short staffed, with new owners that squeeze to the pulp to turn a profit etc. etc. All in all, it is not good when new owners takeover that took out a loan to buy out the business and now they have to pay down that loan plus the interest on that loan. Their focus is paying down that loan and then the customer service feels like 2nd class. And when customer service feels like 2nd class.........IT IS 2nd class.

vicman 05-15-2012 02:39 AM

Ira, I agree it has improved a bit from a few months ago.
It would seem there was a slip at some point last week though.

Iflyglow 05-15-2012 02:17 PM

Still no responce from anybody about the $38 charges.:eek: I guess I will be removing my information from my account in the market place, since this is total @#%^!@ $%. I will refuse the charges when they bill me, and report it to my CC company if I have too.:) I guess the management of this site has gone totally down the tubes.;)

Iflyglow 05-15-2012 02:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Bill Vargas

it all works fine for me :D

Your very lucky, because it does not for most.;)

countilaw 05-15-2012 02:44 PM

I like this site better. It seems that the other site is controlled by HK. If you mention RCU there, your posts gets deleted.