RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Anyone buy a DA50 from user T-Time recently (Mike Terach) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/11126712-anyone-buy-da50-user-t-time-recently-mike-terach.html)

thorpdrvr 06-21-2012 09:43 AM

Anyone buy a DA50 from user T-Time recently (Mike Terach)

Did anyone buy one of the 3 DA50's T-Time (Mike Terach, Attleboro MA) recently posted for sale in a FG classified ad (system won't let me link to ad).
If so, did you receive it? Does anyone know the seller (Micheal Terach...South Shore Radio Control Club) personally? Mine was apparantly lost in the mail according to seller. He said he would already refund the money but now can't get ahold of him for a refund. Sent a few pm's with no response yet. I am sure he will respond soon and get this resolved.

Thanks,
Bernie Fried

thorpdrvr 06-21-2012 07:06 PM

RE: Anyone buy a DA50 from user T-Time recently (Mike Terach)

Update on Mike Terach (T-time). I have his personal email but he did not respond. Has two pm's from me at the FG site where I bought if from and he has not opened either one. Was going to try and get his phone number and call him, but obviously he does not want to be contacted. If that is the case, I doubt he would really care.

I called Paypal as I could not decipher (by reading their legaleze) what their policy on refund was, if sellers account is empty. Spoke with a nice young man an he stated that you are 100% covered even if the sellers account is empty. He said their old policy was different and they would not refund you if sellers account was empty. He looked up the tracking info and saw that it had not updated in 17 days (which told him the package probably was not shipped) and refunded the money on the spot.
This coverage is available using either Ebay or any other transaction outside of Ebay. Still have to follow their policy and file a claim within their time limit.
I may sound like a Paypal fanboy, but happy they covered the refund. I have purchased many things over the years off of various classifieds and can pretty quickly feel out and research people. This guy fooled me good.

LaTuFu 06-22-2012 04:57 AM

RE: Anyone buy a DA50 from user T-Time recently (Mike Terach)

Glad you got your money back.  Yes, Paypal changed their refund policy a while back.  Thankfully.

Just FYI, in case you didn't uncover it in your research, be sure that you always choose "goods" as your reason for sending money (the default choice).  Some scammers will try to convince you to "pay as a gift" with the reason that they don't have to pay paypal fees with a gift.  This is true, there are no fees deducted from a gift payment.  But it also means if you get burned, Paypal is not obligated to refund your money.  In some cases, there have been people that have been able to successfully lobby paypal for a refund anyway, but many others have not.

Just cover yourself and never pay as a gift.