RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   R. C. For Dummies? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/11165431-r-c-dummies.html)

vxquizit1 07-23-2012 02:20 AM

R. C. For Dummies?

Where do I go.
There seems a shortage of sites.
Any good ones ?

scale only 4 me 07-23-2012 05:07 AM

RE: R. C. For Dummies?

Huh? you're here, explore and ask away

balsa brain 07-23-2012 10:29 AM

I think that almost anything you would want to know can be found here. Also if you ask questions help is usually just a short time in coming. Great site and people.

Bill

DavidAgar 07-23-2012 12:01 PM

I don't think you can find a better source for information than the membership here at RCU. You can use the search function or ask your questions here in the forum. Good Luck, Dave

vxquizit1 07-23-2012 03:59 PM

I know everyone here is happy to help, I just dont like hassling for basics.
I want to build a scale Murray River Paddle Boat. Around a meter long. There are no plans because most the people who built them had no boat building experience.
As I can see at the moment, I need twin, reversable motors and rudder.
I have 1x FS 6c Tx with matching 6c Rx`s. 3x BEC`s, 2x 4500 LiPo batts.
Have got the Rx talking to the Tx operating servo ok but doesnt appear to cause any voltage change on the throttle. Motor not connected, using muliti meter.
I have the Bec plugged into the Rx channel 3 for power supply to the Rx. Is it right that I cant plug another Bec in unless I cut the power wire ?

Cheers. David.<br type="_moz" />

DavidAgar 07-23-2012 06:01 PM

I would suggest asking your question in the boats forum. I am certain that there are people in that forum that will be able to awnser your questions and get your project off to a positive start. Dave

flyinwalenda 07-23-2012 07:17 PM

Boat,plane,heli,car this sounds like an electric set-up issue.
First off , what motors are you using? Second what Electronic Speed Control (ESC) are you using? You will need (1) ESC for each motor. If the motors are brushless (3 wire) you will need brushless ESC's and if you are using brushed motors (2 wire) you will need brushed ESC's.
You mentioned (3) Battery Eliminator Circuits(BEC's). Typically the ESC's will have the BEC's built into them while other ESC's require outboard BEC's. The BEC provides voltage to your receiver via the throttle connector in channel 3 and is powered by the main lipo. When I run two or more ESC's I usually run an outboard BEC and disconnect the internal BEC's of the ESC's by cutting the red wire on the servo plug.
Each ESC servo plug needs to connect to a "Y" harness and then to channel 3 of the receiver. If you use the internal BEC then cut the red wire on one of the ESC's servo plug.
You need to have the motors connected to the ESC before it will "arm" and give you throttle control to the motor.
To reverse direction of a motor you can change the programming of the ESC or simply swap(reverse) any two of the motor wires.
We need some more info from you before we can go further. Again, motor , ESC, BEC, info.