RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Dont Buy From SDSHOBBY!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/11166046-dont-buy-sdshobby.html)

erik valdez 07-23-2012 11:37 AM

Dont Buy From SDSHOBBY!!!

I placed an order with sdshobby on July 1st, on the third I received an email confirming my address. Three days later another email asking for paypal info which I did not provide, Thought it was strange. Here we are July 23d and still no items. I have sent about twnty emails in the last week and no answer at all. something seems wrong here and now im out my money. I would suggest to anyone considering an order to not go through with it!!

maneba 07-23-2012 12:20 PM

RE: Dont Buy From SDSHOBBY!!!

I've done 6 orders this year and no problem at all, always paid trough paypal service.

erik valdez 07-23-2012 02:07 PM

Yes, I too used paypal, first order, no good! It would be something if they would at least return an email. Cant figure out how to dial the phone number, anyway I dont speak Chinese. If I dont get a response soon Ill withdraw my payment.

outdoorhunting 07-23-2012 03:09 PM

Don't wait too long!!! The longer you wait the more time they have to "lose" yor info !!!! Good Luck

erik valdez 07-25-2012 05:45 AM

Well as soon as I started a case with paypal look what I got, almost a month later too.

Hello Erik,

I am sorry about the trouble. We will send your order today, pls wait patiently. And I hope you will not be so upset about the case. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards
Jane
SDSHobby

Another shortly after,

Hi Erik,

I am writing to inform you that we have sent your order today, pls wait patiently. Here is your tracking number: EE806077897CN, you can track on www.ems.com.cn later. Thanks a lot.

erik valdez 07-30-2012 01:26 PM

Well it seems I am still in the lurch, I have yet to recieve my items still and it is now past the delivery date givin by sdshobby. I suggest not to send you money to them, Hell dont send it to China at all!! What a waste of my hard earned money!

hattend 07-30-2012 05:45 PM

Erik,

Looks like it got stuck in customs in San Francisco. It only took 2 days to get from China to San Francisco. Not bad!

You should be seeing it soon.

You can track USPS package at http://www.usps.com

Don

hattend 07-31-2012 11:16 PM

Looks like they tried to deliver to you today but nobody was home.

"If this item is unclaimed after five days then it will be returned to the sender. "

Better arrange delivery...

Don

erik valdez 08-01-2012 05:20 AM

Don,
Thank you I had no idea this tracking # would work with USPS. But no they did not try to deliver today, the delivery address is my office which is open 8 to 5 5 days a week. But no matter because when it comes down to it I placed this order on July 1st and today is August 1st and the only reason it even got sent is because I had to raise h$ll. This is crap and I will no longer do business with this company. By the way I still dont have my items!

scale only 4 me 08-01-2012 05:43 AM

Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available)
July 31, 2012, 6:30 pm

Looks like they came by after hours.
BTW did you notice they sent it Express Mail Int. That cost them extra

Reading your OP
What I don't get is, they tried to contact you when obviously there was an issue, and you didn't reply, you wait a few weeks, then start emailing them. Did you think that if you had emailed them right away, in response to their email, that maybe you'd have gotten your stuff sooner?

I've placed 4 orders with them,, everything came quickly, if you consider 10 days quick,,, I wouldn't hesitate to place another order

erik valdez 08-01-2012 06:19 AM

Scale only for you huh, Perhaps it should be China only for you! You just blasted another member for constantly bashing HK in his posts yet here you are in another thread constantly supporting China. Perhaps you are in the wrong country. I dont think you have any idea what you are talking about, I responded to your countries emails promptly each time I recieved one. They did not try to deliver yesterday because I was at work all day and USPS doesnt deliver after hours! Now no matter what you think one month is not acceptable for an order no matter what part of the world it comes from! I could have swam to China and picked it myself in that time. My suggestion to you sir is to take a long hard look at where you live and decide what it is worth to you, when you have come up with that value ask yourself if you could be as happy in a communist country. If so I suggest you get yourself there ASAP because we have no room for you here. If you dont have something constructive to say I suggest you stay out of my threads from now on.

scale only 4 me 08-01-2012 11:28 AM

Right, you're more of an American because you pay a middle man for your chinesse made products and I sometimes buy direct, like you just did, I get it.

You still avoided the question

erik valdez 08-01-2012 12:03 PM

I consider myself a good American, I try to buy American when I can, try it it is difficult but can be done. My hangar consists of Bud Nosen, Bob Godfrey, Midwest, Lanier, and the likes, I do not own any China arfs!! Nor do I own any China motors instead I run 3W, Zenoah, Brison, and Quadra. I buy from my local Hobby shop when I can and I dont bad mouth them when they dont have what I need. Alot of my fellow hobbiests are big believers in the new China batch of balogna but I still refuse to buy in. Call me old fashion, call me stubborn, but call me an American! Yes it is unfortunate and inevitable that somewhere in my hangar you will find some small items that are made in China but almost none I bought deliberately. You are correct that I just made a purchase directly from China and as you can see was very dissapointed whith it and not just in the handling of the purchase but the quality aswell. I did recieve my items today but again was very dissapointed.

To answer your question, Yes, I answered all of their emails promptly and did expect my items in a timely manor. It seems the only problem that arose was that they wanted a copy of my paypal statement and account information, not two things that I felt comfortable giving them. And im sure its not their ussual practice to ask for customers financial info but they did this time.

Mr. Scale 4 me only, I have gone back and checked all your posts, you seem to blast everyone and anyone who is not satisfied with something. I see alot of posts that are negative and very few positive, not sure why. I am happy for you that all of your items are great and you receive excellent service from everyone but thats not to say that people do have legitimate problems with service or quality. I hope that someday you find what it is your missing in your life and are able to fill that void. In the meantime try to take it a bit easier on your hobbiest brothers.

I consider this issue dead and hope that moderators will see this and close this discussion!

scale only 4 me 08-01-2012 01:01 PM

All my posts?? That was quick you checking almost 7000 posts,, I think once in a while I actually talk model airplanes,, not just about vendors,, maybe check again

All I ask was if you communicated in the beginning maybe it wouldn't have taken so long, I guess I misread you post to think you ignored their email,, My mistake. If you feel that's Blasting you so be it. All I was really trying to get to is the Why,, why did it take so long? From your posts I still don't know what the problem was,, did they ever tell you?

countilaw 08-01-2012 09:37 PM

Well MR. SCALE FOR ME, Maybe the information about his paypal account was none of their business or were you just too busy bashing him because he doesn't support your COMMIE friends? All they need from Paypal is the payment. His account information is not provided to the retailer as it says in the paypal site.

In my opinion, it seems like you sound like another paid representative of the communists capitalists. Here let me help you out, copy this and then just cut and paste it in your posts:

cash credit within a week, no questions asked, no followup necessary ... 18 orange receivers, never a failure... $3 servos, never a problem... I even use two HXT900s in an Evader... 22 flights and counting... foam jets like the Rebel, Stinger, and others, 100+ flights and counting... motors, never an issue at all... shipping from Washington for batteries, 3-4 days, (click "priority", $13), planes take about a week.

It will save you a lot of time and trouble.

I have seen you time and time again bashing posters that complain about your communist cohorts.

If I am reading you wrong, please let me know. I think we all would like to know. Maybe we all are wrong about you and your bashing.

Frank

scale only 4 me 08-02-2012 03:58 AM

And I've seen guys when they have no argument or a leg to stand on just throw insults and false accusations Time and Time again.

What you consider Bashing I don't know,, If asking what the original problem was is bashing,, Guilty as charged
You just can't have a civil discussion on these message boards any longer,, I think you guys really need to get a hold of your emotions.

countilaw 08-02-2012 09:25 AM

Scale,
Maybe it was just the way your text came across. If i am wrong, I truely apologize.

Frank