RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Screwed by HobbyKing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/11185350-screwed-hobbyking.html)

scale only 4 me 08-10-2012 09:32 AM

RE: Screwed by HobbyKing

So convenient a new Bash HK thread pops up just as the last one had played out.. Call me cynical but something smells fishy. Just one accused shill's gut feeling.

snir2001 08-11-2012 03:15 AM

ORIGINAL: JohnVH

1: They should have sent you a replacement servo
2: What do you expect from HK anyway, knowing how cheap the stuff is, it can fail
3: Ive been buying stuff from them for many years, and have spent alot of money there, and have only had a cheap gyro fail, so I bought another, its still going.
4: When you realized they were giving you the run around you should have taken the $8 your complaining about and went and bought another servo and been over it.

Its the chance you take, some people have sent stuff back and had awesome customer service, some have not, its hit or miss, luckily for me everything works great, and Im going to keep giving them money! I love hobby king!
Well said, simple as that...
Yes, some people have bad luck with HK, so what ????
Have you seen a huge web store like HK that don't mess things up some time?
I love HK, I will keep buying from HK and when finally one day I will need the customer support I'll try to get the best. (Never had, hope never will :D )

topspin 08-11-2012 04:32 AM

ORIGINAL: snir2001

2: What do you expect from HK anyway, knowing how cheap the stuff is, it can fail
3: Ive been buying stuff from them for many years, and have spent alot of money there, and have only had a cheap gyro fail, so I bought another, its still going.
4: When you realized they were giving you the run around you should have taken the $8 your complaining about and went and bought another servo and been over it.

Its the chance you take, some people have sent stuff back and had awesome customer service, some have not, its hit or miss, luckily for me everything works great, and Im going to keep giving them money! I love hobby king!
I love HK, I will keep buying from HK and when finally one day I will need the customer support I'll try to get the best. (Never had, hope never will :D )

Let's see, Tower. Horizon? Both are larger than HK so where are all the complaints? Sure they have the occasional screw up but they make it right without delay.

GerKonig 08-11-2012 04:37 AM

ORIGINAL: topspin

Let's see, Tower. Horizon? Both are larger than HK so where are all the complaints? Sure they have the occasional screw up but they make it right without delay.

I use the 3 sources with equal success. Where did you get the numbers to make the statement? I am really curious to know if you just make this comment up in a entirely baseless way, or if you have hard (real) numbers.

I am really interested in knowing what the yearly sales of each of these companies is...

Is Tower bigger than Horizon? By how much?

Gerry

snir2001 08-11-2012 05:06 AM

ORIGINAL: topspin

The truth is that I once needed the customer support from Tower and it was flawless.
Are Tower better that HK in terms of customer support? yes.... but, from reading posts over the forums, I see that HK going better.
Well, I do hope that's the case!

countilaw 08-11-2012 05:09 AM

Tower and Horizon have both been around a lot longer than Hobby King. AND, Hobby King has changed their name a couple of times just to hide their past errors. Tower and Horizon have never changed their names, never had to. And yet, you don't hear as many complants as those from HK if you added both of them together. And if there is a mess up, they fix it right away.

When you hear someone say that they have never had a problem with HK and their shipping is super fast, you have to wonder, what are they getting for their over exuberantly applied praises.

It appears that on the Hobby King supported forum, they are banning anyone that has a bad thing to say about HK. They have gone as far as deleting the posts to cover up the complaints until recently when they restored them. And they did that only to get all the build and informative educational threads back up. Because when they deleted the complainor's posts, it also deleted their build threads too.

A reputable company and a reputable forum would not have done such a thing. As you can see hear at RCU, if there is a complaint, you don't have a moderator coming down on you and issuing you points or banning you.

Frank

the pope 08-11-2012 04:12 PM

This is like when 2.4 fist came out as well as arfs . Everybody ***** canned them and now look at them . Everybody uses them .In about the 12 orders Ive placed with H.K. not one has been a balls up but according to some hear at least 3 should have been a problem . If nothing else there driving the prices down . Funny how things can suddenly become cheaper when theres competion . That makes me think weve been ripped off for too long . Ive been shafted by well known suppliers even here in Aus when buying things so my first loyalty goes to my wallet then if the price is reasonably close Ill buy from aus. but Ive bought bearings here in aus that took 3 weeks to arrive and it was nothing but a balls up with wrong ones being sent twice and when I got fed up with that I ordered from rc bearings and got the set of 4 for $20 compared to 2 at $50 here . Ill never walk into that local shop ever again . Do the people who complain about H.K. have they ever bought anything from them . Just look around your own house and see how much comes from overseas and then that might put things into perspective . Cheers the pope

snir2001 08-13-2012 10:15 AM

ORIGINAL: the pope

This is like when 2.4 fist came out as well as arfs . Everybody ***** canned them and now look at them . Everybody uses them .In about the 12 orders Ive placed with H.K. not one has been a balls up but according to some hear at least 3 should have been a problem . If nothing else there driving the prices down . Funny how things can suddenly become cheaper when theres competion . That makes me think weve been ripped off for too long . Ive been shafted by well known suppliers even here in Aus when buying things so my first loyalty goes to my wallet then if the price is reasonably close Ill buy from aus. but Ive bought bearings here in aus that took 3 weeks to arrive and it was nothing but a balls up with wrong ones being sent twice and when I got fed up with that I ordered from rc bearings and got the set of 4 for $20 compared to 2 at $50 here . Ill never walk into that local shop ever again . Do the people who complain about H.K. have they ever bought anything from them . Just look around your own house and see how much comes from overseas and then that might put things into perspective . Cheers the pope
Also here...
You can buy something locally and wait for 2~3 weeks!
Many times I get the goods from HK faster... (Or almost any other overseas shops)

init4fun 08-13-2012 10:51 AM

ORIGINAL: the pope Do the people who complain about H.K. have they ever bought anything from them .

:( Sadly , Yes .

scale only 4 me 08-13-2012 03:22 PM

ORIGINAL: init4fun

ORIGINAL: the pope Do the people who complain about H.K. have they ever bought anything from them .

Do All the people who do order and have a good experience come online and talk about it,,, Realistically No

Bill G 08-13-2012 07:09 PM

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

ORIGINAL: init4fun

Do All the people who do order and have a good experience come online and talk about it,,, Realistically No
Yep, many people look at it as there is no such thing as a "good experience" as we should expect it as the norm, and it is irrelevant to the bad experiences. Businesses are paid to hold up their end of the deal, and it's not difficult to pack a box and send it out. Few of us get daily praise as we do our jobs. We do hear about it if we don't. No news is good news, when it comes to a business.

keyman 08-13-2012 08:14 PM

OP have you considered posting in the discussion tab on the page of the car you purchased to see if anyone has had the same problem and what servo they went with?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=24338

Might want to post in the USA discussion as it seems more popular there.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...e_Edition.html

Is it possible the servo is ok but the servo saver needs recentered like in that 2nd link I posted on a previous post. I see they have the servo listed in the description as 15 grams but can not find a listing for replacement servos ($8)for it?, I did see a 3 page spare parts listing, can you give us the dimensions and weight to help you locate a replacement?

Maybe this servo when in stock, but I have purchased them on ebay.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...sec_18_8g.html

In stock UK ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Model-Pla...item23203b8bbf

Would love to see you get it going, nothing worse then breaking a little ones heart.

countilaw 08-13-2012 08:43 PM

Also here...
Many times I get the goods from HK faster... (Or almost any other overseas shops)

You can buy locally and wait for 2-3 weeks??????? And you get stuff from HK faster?????

You have ruined your credibility. We all and I mean WEALL know that's a false statement. If I order from Tower or Horizon, it arrives in just a few days. NOT 2-3 WEEKS !!!!! Who are you trying fool?

What is your connection with HK?

the pope 08-13-2012 09:10 PM

My stuff %90 of the time gets here to Aus in just over 7 days . No B.S. not getting paid ( I wish ) just the truth ! Ive just ordered some receivers from the USA and that was on the 3rd , if it was from H.K. it prob be here by now . How about them apples .Cheers the pope

larrysogla 08-13-2012 11:39 PM

Keyman in post no.50 hit the nail on the head..............and I quote Keyman "1 last thing I will not fight with any vendor basher here anymore as most of these fights are not really worthy of someone of my Caliber, I would rather posts facts of items I believe it or have actual use with. "....................it is really good when someone with a bad experience with HobbyKing or ANY other bargain retailer posts his/her complaints and then post the facts of the case behind the complaint so that others may be forewarned about the risks of buying from these bargain retailers...................HOWEVER what muddles the issue is when people post bashing comments when they have not bought from the retailer at issue, without having actually ordered items from the retailer, the chimers/bashers are really talking 3rd party news or repeating/echoing what somebody else said. Lets hear the complaints from those who actually ordered and have been shafted by the retailer(s) and there are many complaints from sub-standard merchandise to non-existent or barely existent warranty because these bargain retailers will fight tooth and nail to preserve their margin of profits.................and l am intelligent enough to filter out the genuine aggravated/shafted customer(and there are plenty) from those who have not ordered but chime in/bash in just to feel good that they have bashed somebody today even if what they say is just echoing/repeating 3rd party news. DON'T ORDER from these bargain retailers because the warranty will be tough to crack and some of the merchandise are junk.............but on the other hand if you can discriminate the good stuff from the junk stuff and if you are ready to fight tooth and nail to have them honor the warranty, then sure they provide a service to people who know how to order from these bargain retailers. These bargain retailers ARE NOT FOR EVERYBODY.........be forewarned, THEY PROVIDE VERY, VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE but there are good items in their inventory that are cheap and work good and then there are also junk............know what to buy before you order or you will have a HobbyKing sized headache. 'Nuff said.

snir2001 08-14-2012 02:38 AM

ORIGINAL: countilaw

Also here...

You can buy locally and wait for 2-3 weeks??????? And you get stuff from HK faster?????

You have ruined your credibility. We all and I mean WE ALL know that's a false statement. If I order from Tower or Horizon, it arrives in just a few days. NOT 2-3 WEEKS !!!!! Who are you trying fool?

What is your connection with HK?

Yes countilaw,
When I order from a local website I can wait 2~3 weeks and even more. (here is a hint, look at my location, I'm NOT from the US...)
I wrote also that I get the goods faster from MOST other overseas shops, NOT ONLY from HK, open your eyes.
You are so against HK that it looks like you are going to get a heart attack from it :)
Why don't you open a website www.wehatehk.com (the domain is free, go for it!) and leave us alone???

Get a life...

Bill G 08-14-2012 06:20 AM

ORIGINAL: countilaw

Also here...

You have ruined your credibility. We all and I mean WE ALL know that's a false statement. If I order from Tower or Horizon, it arrives in just a few days. NOT 2-3 WEEKS !!!!!
That's my take also. Places I order from in the US generally go 1 week, at the longest. Most seem to be 5 days or less.

snir2001 08-14-2012 07:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Bill G

That's my take also. Places I order from in the US generally go 1 week, at the longest. Most seem to be 5 days or less.
That could be the case for me also if I was living in the US...
Generally speaking, orders from US I get within 10~14 days, usually from TH (many times faster than local orders here... :D )

Weimer20 08-14-2012 10:03 AM

Yep. Me too. Never again.

countilaw 08-14-2012 07:52 PM

My stuff %90 of the time gets here to Aus in just over 7 days . No B.S. not getting paid ( I wish ) just the truth ! Ive just ordered some receivers from the USA and that was on the 3rd , if it was from H.K. it prob be here by now . How about them apples .Cheers the pope

Usually when you buy something "locally" you buy it and take it home with you. You should have mentioned that the LHS doesn't have it and it has to be ordered. Then Yes, it may take 2 to 3 weeks to get it.

You need to be more clear on what you are saying.

But look at it this way, if you ordered them from the USA, they will all probably work. Unlike the dead on arrival that you get from HK.

PLANE JIM 08-21-2012 05:36 PM

I just like HK and they pay better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seamus OLeprosy 08-29-2012 12:50 PM

The OP has only ever made 2 posts, thats the truth the whole truth and nothing to do with the truth.

Adam184 09-04-2012 12:15 AM

There seems to be a lot of people questioning my motives.<div>
</div><div>it is very simple.</div><div>i feel i have been treated very very badly by HK.</div><div>the saga still continues.</div><div>i have only posted about this topic because i wasn't a member of this forum until i felt the need to warn fellow RC enthusiasts about HK.</div><div>when i have more time i intend to post this on a few more RC forums.</div><div>I am in customer service and i would never treat one of my customers like this.</div><div>i have waited until today to post again as i wanted to get the latest emails together for everyone to read. first contact July 13. item value about $8.</div><div>i hope the post is not too long.</div><div>
</div><div>thanks</div><div>and don't buy from HK</div><div>
</div><div><span style="-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; ">Matthew, Sep 04 15:24 (HKT):</span><span style="-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; ">

Hi Adam ,
Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.</p>

We put request to manufacturer for replacement module for you already on 03/08/2012. However it takes time for the arrangement as manufacturer also has checked all parts before they send out the product. It takes time to investigate and arrange replacement for single module.</p>

As soon as we receive the replacement part, we will send out to you. Please check account for updates in a few weeks time.</p>

Thanks for emailing support.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Regards.
Matthew 
HobbyKing Support Team
Dont forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for discounts and promotions!
www.facebook.com/hobbykinglive
www.twitter.com/hobbykinglive</p><hr style="border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-color: initial; border-top-width: 1px; border-top-style: dashed; border-top-color: rgb(194, 194, 194); height: 1px; margin-top: 15px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "/>
Adam, Sep 04 14:25 (HKT):

This is a follow-up to your previous request #324829 "RS - Re: ZY - Failed steeri..."</p>

What is happening with these parts???
It's been another 3 weeks. 
What is happening 
I want to sleek to the boss today.</p>

Adam Liddell</p></span></div><div><span style="-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; ">Jessi, Aug 13 16:16 (HKT):</span><span style="-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; ">

Your request (#339836) has been deemed solved.
To review, comment and reopen the request, please visit www.HobbyKing.com</p></span><span style="-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; ">

Hi Adam ,

Please kindly note that due to we do not have the item in stock for the moment, we are waiting for the replacement from supplier. It normally takes longer to get replacement from supplier. When we get it, we will send it to you as soon as possible and we will update it in the notes of your order#. Please check your account for updates.</p>

Thanks for your understanding and patience.</p>

Regards.
Jessi 
HobbyKing Support Team
www.twitter.com/hobbykinglive</p><hr style="border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-color: initial; border-top-width: 1px; border-top-style: dashed; border-top-color: rgb(194, 194, 194); height: 1px; margin-top: 15px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "/>
Adam, Aug 13 10:01 (HKT):

how long will this take?</p>

can you not give me the part from stock?</p>

the delays in sorting this out are ridiculous.
can I please have the details of a supervisor?</p>

Adam</p><hr style="border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-color: initial; border-top-width: 1px; border-top-style: dashed; border-top-color: rgb(194, 194, 194); height: 1px; margin-top: 15px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "/>
Jessi, Aug 13 09:57 (HKT):

This is a follow-up to your previous request #321881 "ZY - Failed steering servo ..."</p>

Hi Adam ,

Thank you for all information, the investigation for your claim has completed. We apologize sincerely for the item which you have received from order #2004602851.</p>

We have put request to merchandising department for replacement part from manufacturer. As soon as the replacement part arrives, we will contact you again and make arrangement to ship out to you. Please check account for updates.</p>

Regards.
Jessi 
HobbyKing Support Team
</p></span><span style="-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; ">Rachel, Aug 08 17:30 (HKT):

Hi Adam ,

Regarding to the replacement servo for A2029T, it does not arrive to our warehouse yet. When it arrives, we will prepare the shipment for you.</p>

To be quiet honest, it really will take some time for the replacement, but we will make every effort to get replacement from our supplier as quickly as possible. We will update to you in the first time once we have information.</p>

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.</p>

Regards.
Rachel 
HobbyKing Support Team
Adam, Aug 08 17:24 (HKT):

This is a follow-up to your previous request #317680 "AX -ZY - Failed steering servo"</p>

this was 5 days ago what is happening?
These delays are unacceptable.
if this was my business I would have the replacement out the next day.</p></span><span style="-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; ">Adam</span></div><div><span style="-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; ">
</span></div><div><span style="-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px;">
</span><span style="-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; ">Ken, Aug 04 08:22 (HKT):

Hi Adam ,
Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.</p></span><span style="-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; ">Andrea, Jul 28 02:06 (HKT):

Hi Adam Liddell ,</p>

Thanks for your reply. We kindly inform you that our warranty department received the item you sent back and will inspect it for you as soon as possible.</p>

Please log-in to your account and click on Orders: CHECK, and click on the Order number where the defective items were included, then scroll down and check the Order Messages. Our warranty personnel’s will place a note there if they have checked your item.</p>

Regards.
Andrea 
HobbyKing Support Team
Adam Liddell, Jul 26 12:46 (HKT):

This is getting ridiculous.</p>

The cost of my time and your time far out ways the cost of the part.</p>

Please sort this out ASAP</p>

Adam Liddell</p><hr style="border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-color: initial; border-top-width: 1px; border-top-style: dashed; border-top-color: rgb(194, 194, 194); height: 1px; margin-top: 15px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "/>
Ken, Jul 26 11:47 (HKT):

Hi Adam Liddell ,

Thank you for the information, it seems that warehouse may have received the parcel, but they have not update the information yet. Warranty team will start inspection on the servo, as soon as they have it. We will also update the order notes. Please check at a later date.</p>

Thank you for your patience.</p>

Regards.
Ken 
HobbyKing Support Team
Adam Liddell, Jul 24 15:39 (HKT):

Ken</p>

Aus post registered 493208852012</p>

Adam Liddell</p><hr style="border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-color: initial; border-top-width: 1px; border-top-style: dashed; border-top-color: rgb(194, 194, 194); height: 1px; margin-top: 15px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "/>
Ken, Jul 24 15:32 (HKT):

Hi Adam Liddell ,

We are sorry for the late reply. Please provide us the tracking information so we can ask our warehouse staff to collect the item. Inspection will start as soon as we have received the item. We will either resend the or refund for the defect item when warranty claim has been approved.</p>

We apologise for the delay and look forward to hear from you soon.</p>

Regards.
Ken 
HobbyKing Support Team
Adam Liddell, Jul 22 18:49 (HKT):

As instructed I have returned the item.
RMA ID:52106-4602851
This was sent by Aus Post on Tuesday. I have just checked the aus post tracking details it says awaiting collection @ Moruya post Shop on the 19/7/12 at 08:46. So its been there for 4 days?????
I have just checked my account and nothing is shown.</p>

So far I am extremely un happy with the whole situation.
I understand that things break but it shouldn't be up to me to pay for return shipping. And it shouldn't take this long to resolve.</p>

The return freight cost almost as much as the part. ($5.40)</p>

Please advise what is happening ASAP</p>

Adam</p><hr style="border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-color: initial; border-top-width: 1px; border-top-style: dashed; border-top-color: rgb(194, 194, 194); height: 1px; margin-top: 15px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "/>
Chris, Jul 14 21:15 (HKT):

Hi Adam Liddell ,

Please kindly send us the servo. We will send you a new one once it is proved faulty. Thank you.</p>

Regards.
Chris 
HobbyKing Support Team
Adam Liddell, Jul 14 15:19 (HKT):

Mathew,</p>

Will the item be repaired and returned to me?
Do I have to pull out the radio gear?</p>

Adam</p>

On 14/07/2012, at 4:50 PM, Matthew wrote:</p>

&gt; Matthew, Jul 14 14:50 (HKT):
&gt; Hi Adam Liddell ,
&gt; 
&gt; Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.
&gt; 
&gt; We are sorry to hear that the item from your order #2004602851 seems defective. The item is still under warranty period, you are advised to follow the procedure and send the whole item back to our AUS warehouse for inspection.
&gt; 
&gt; 1) under any circumstance, we do not warrant crash or burnt damage or items which have been modified. This includes cutting or opening of a product. hobbyking.com® accepts no responsibility for the improper installation and use of purchased products. The warranty period for Lithium Polymer Batteries is 30 days unless otherwise stated.
&gt; 
&gt; 2) Please open our SUPPORT page(http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/FAQ.asp)
&gt; &gt; find “Returns &amp; Refund session, 
&gt; &gt; click on “Warranty Support Page”
&gt; &gt; fill out RMA form
&gt; &gt; submit
&gt; &gt; return shipping address
&gt; 
&gt; 3) Do remember that NO postage refund will be available for faulty item. You are strongly advised to mail the returned item via the cheapest mailing method with tracking facilities. You are required to put the RMA number on the parcel box, so we can process your return item promptly.
&gt; 
&gt; 4) For lipos please make sure that you have read the Lithium Polymer Warranty page (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...po_policy.html)before sending items back. We do not wish to waste your time and money.
&gt; 
&gt; Once we have received your return, our warranty department will start inspection on the item and update report to your account. Please check your account later.
&gt; 
&gt; Thanks for emailing support.
&gt; If you have any other questions, please let me know.
&gt; Regards.
&gt; Matthew 
&gt; HobbyKing Support Team
&gt; Dont forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for discounts and promotions!
&gt; www.facebook.com/hobbykinglive
&gt; www.twitter.com/hobbykinglive
&gt; 
&gt; 
&gt; Adam Liddell, Jul 13 15:52 (HKT):
&gt; HI Matthew,
&gt; 
&gt; There is no physical damage to the car.
&gt; As I was setting the trim on the radio the car lost steering control. When you turn the steering you can hear the servo motor running but there is no movement. It sounds like the servo gears have stripped. The car was running less than 60 sec.
&gt; 
&gt; Adam
&gt; 
&gt; 
&gt; Matthew, Jul 13 15:45 (HKT):
&gt; Hi Adam Liddell ,
&gt; Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.
&gt; 
&gt; We are sorry to learn your bad experience on our product. Please provide more information regarding to the set up of the item, describe what happened in the operation of the item. 
&gt; If there is a physical damage on the product, please provide photos to show the damaged part, and also the complete set of product.
&gt; 
&gt; We will pass all information to our warranty department for advice.
&gt; 
&gt; 
&gt; Thanks for emailing support.
&gt; If you have any other questions, please let me know.
&gt; Regards.
&gt; Matthew 
&gt; HobbyKing Support Team
&gt; Dont forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for discounts and promotions!
&gt; www.facebook.com/hobbykinglive
&gt; www.twitter.com/hobbykinglive
&gt; 
&gt; 
&gt; Adam Liddell, Jul 13 10:09 (HKT):
&gt; To Whom it may concern.
&gt; 
&gt; I have just had the following discussion with your online support dept.
&gt; 
&gt; Please advise the quickest way to sort this out. As I have a 7 yr old with a birthday present that doesnt work.
&gt; 
&gt; You are now chatting with : Zoe (Customer Service)
&gt; Zoe:
&gt; Thank you for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team. How may I help you?
&gt; You:
&gt; I recently purcgased the 1/16 scale etreme rally car.
&gt; Zoe:
&gt; Yes,How may I help you?
&gt; You:
&gt; the steering servo failed on the first use. i have had the car for over a month but it was put away for my sons birthday. i worked ok as i installed the radio gear but failed after 2min.
&gt; You:
&gt; hello?
&gt; Zoe:
&gt; May I have your order number please?
&gt; You:
&gt; 2004602851
&gt; Product Speicalist 6:
&gt; I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Our Warranty Department said to please fill out an RMA form and send the item back to us for replacement. Please log-in to your account and view this link: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...upportform.asp (You will see our return address after you click on Submit) Please send it by the cheapest shipping method that has a tracking number. A replacement will be sent FREE of shipping once the item has been received and inspected. Thank you so much for your patience.
&gt; e-mail to [email protected]
&gt; You:
&gt; do i have to send the whole car back at my expense?
&gt; e-mail to [email protected] and they will tell you what you need to do, usually no to sending the whole thing back. Just what isn't working but they will assist you in that. Sorry but I dont have that power.
&gt; You:
&gt; ok
&gt; 
&gt; 
&gt; Thanks,
&gt; 
&gt; Adam
&gt;</p><hr style="border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-color: initial; border-top-width: 1px; border-top-style: dashed; border-top-color: rgb(194, 194, 194); height: 1px; margin-top: 15px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "/>
Adam Liddell, Jul 14 15:14 (HKT):

Why should I send the whole car back at my expense?</p>

It is not my fault.</p>

How long does this take?</p>

I am so far not very impressed.</p>

Matthew, Jul 14 14:50 (HKT):

Hi Adam Liddell ,</p>

We are sorry to hear that the item from your order #2004602851 seems defective. The item is still under warranty period, you are advised to follow the procedure and send the whole item back to our AUS warehouse for inspection.</p>

1) under any circumstance, we do not warrant crash or burnt damage or items which have been modified. This includes cutting or opening of a product. hobbyking.com® accepts no responsibility for the improper installation and use of purchased products. The warranty period for Lithium Polymer Batteries is 30 days unless otherwise stated.</p>

2) Please open our SUPPORT page(http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/FAQ.asp)
&gt; find “Returns &amp; Refund session, 
&gt; click on “Warranty Support Page”
&gt; fill out RMA form
&gt; submit
&gt; return shipping address</p>

3) Do remember that NO postage refund will be available for faulty item. You are strongly advised to mail the returned item via the cheapest mailing method with tracking facilities. You are required to put the RMA number on the parcel box, so we can process your return item promptly.</p>

4) For lipos please make sure that you have read the Lithium Polymer Warranty page (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...po_policy.html)before sending items back. We do not wish to waste your time and money.</p>

Once we have received your return, our warranty department will start inspection on the item and update report to your account. Please check your account later.</p>

Regards.
Matthew 
HobbyKing Support Team
Adam Liddell, Jul 13 15:52 (HKT):

HI Matthew,</p>

There is no physical damage to the car.
As I was setting the trim on the radio the car lost steering control. When you turn the steering you can hear the servo motor running but there is no movement. It sounds like the servo gears have stripped. The car was running less than 60 sec.</p>

Matthew, Jul 13 15:45 (HKT):

Hi Adam Liddell ,

We are sorry to learn your bad experience on our product. Please provide more information regarding to the set up of the item, describe what happened in the operation of the item. 
If there is a physical damage on the product, please provide photos to show the damaged part, and also the complete set of product.</p>

We will pass all information to our warranty department for advice.</p>

Regards.
Matthew 
HobbyKing Support Team
Adam Liddell, Jul 13 10:09 (HKT):

To Whom it may concern.</p>

I have just had the following discussion with your online support dept.</p>

Please advise the quickest way to sort this out. As I have a 7 yr old with a birthday present that doesnt work.</p>

You are now chatting with : Zoe (Customer Service)
Zoe:
Thank you for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team. How may I help you?
You:
I recently purcgased the 1/16 scale etreme rally car.
Zoe:
Yes,How may I help you?
You:
the steering servo failed on the first use. i have had the car for over a month but it was put away for my sons birthday. i worked ok as i installed the radio gear but failed after 2min.
You:
hello?
Zoe:
May I have your order number please?
You:
Product Speicalist 6:
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Our Warranty Department said to please fill out an RMA form and send the item back to us for replacement. Please log-in to your account and view this link: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...upportform.asp (You will see our return address after you click on Submit) Please send it by the cheapest shipping method that has a tracking number. A replacement will be sent FREE of shipping once the item has been received and inspected. Thank you so much for your patience.
Product Speicalist 6:
e-mail to [email protected]
You:
do i have to send the whole car back at my expense?
Product Speicalist 6:
e-mail to [email protected] and they will tell you what you need to do, usually no to sending the whole thing back. Just what isn't working but they will assist you in that. Sorry but I dont have that power.
You:
ok</p>

</p>

Thanks,</p></span><span style="-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; ">Adam</span></div><div><span style="-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px;">
</span></div><div><span style="-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px;">
</span><span style="-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; ">

apologise for the delay, warranty team has informed us that they have now completed the inspection and confirmed the servo was faulty. A replacement has been requested for you and we will send it out to you as soon as it has been processed.</p>

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.</p>

Regards.
Ken 
HobbyKing Support Team
Adam, Aug 03 13:14 (HKT):

Ken</p>

this is getting very silly.
it will take 10 seconds to see that the gears inside the servo are broken.
It cannot be fixed.
It must be replaced.
this has taken far far too long.</p>

can you give me the details of a supervisor?</p>

Ken, Aug 03 12:59 (HKT):

Hi Adam ,

We understand your concern. We have checked with the warranty team, the item is being inspected at the moment. Please allow some more time for them to locate and fix the issues for you. We will have it sent back to you as soon as it has been fixed.</p>

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.</p>

Regards.
Ken 
HobbyKing Support Team
Adam, Aug 02 14:40 (HKT):

Rachel</p>

Your warehouse should have had the part over 2 weeks ago. 
This is just ludicrous. I want this resolved now. 
The stuffing around to chase an item that you sell for less than $10 far out ways the value of the order. If it wasn't for the fact it was a present for my son I would sent he whole order back and demanded a full refund. As for my continued support you do not have it. I would never recommend hobby king to anyone. Or will I ever order from you again.</p>

Please advise when this issue will be resolved.</p>

Rachel, Aug 02 14:25 (HKT):

Hi Adam ,

We are sorry for keeping you waiting and we have received your request. Please be noted that we have checked that your item has arrived in AUS Warehouse and is waiting for inspecting. Once we have any updates, we will contact you as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. If you have any problems, you are kindly advised to contact us. Thank you for your continual support! Look forward to serving you again in the near future!</p>

Regards.
Rachel 
HobbyKing Support Team
Adam, Aug 02 14:17 (HKT):

I want to know what is happening with the warranty claim on my order 2004602851.</p>

This is ridiculous I want it resolved</p>

</p>

</p></span></div>

topspin 09-04-2012 06:39 AM

That is a typical warranty exchange with Hobby King. Go to their web site and you can see a dozen more just like this every week. The customer sends a request, HK sends a canned message, the customer asks what's taking so long and HK continues to stall them telling them to please be patient. They are trying to make you give up and go away. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what is going on there. They are simply greedy and have no real intention of helping anyone but they have to pretend or no one would buy from them so they put on a show. They hire internet shills to tell anyone with such a problem that it is their fault for not being patient and attack anyone who supports the complaintant. Simply, they are the only hobby company that I know of who does this.

The argument that they operate on such a thin profit margin that they can't really provide customer service is nonsense. They buy wholesale directly from manufacturers in China without all of the tarrifs and other charges. They sell direct so there is no middle man, the 20 dollar motor you buy costs them 3 to 5 dollars depending on the quantity and quality and the rest is profit. They are simply agnostic when it comes to customer loyalty, all they see is dollars not customers. I really wish the AMA would refuse to sponsor them in MA until they clean up their act.

flyinwalenda 09-04-2012 07:29 AM

If they really wanted to help you they would research they type of servo that failed, match it up as closely as possible to all of the servos they have in stock and mail you one.
I've had this result with Leadershobby, another Chicom vendor . When they couldn't get a replacement servo they substituted it with another one and it took less than two weeks to sort out. You would expect any reputable vendor to do something similar to keep the customer happy.