RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Screwed by HobbyKing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/11185350-screwed-hobbyking.html)

init4fun 12-14-2013 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Propworn (Post 11685010)
Not 300 but a fair amount never a problem. Longest wait was 3 weeks. I use my visa and will have no problem making sure I file a charge back in time if need be. Usually you have one billing cycle to file a charge back so be careful when Hobby King asks you to wait 45 days. I have no loyalty at all to Hobby King or any other vendor I have no problem entering into a charge back. So far I have no complaints against Hobby King.

Dennis

Yes , Dennis , you got your stuff . Broken Wings didn't . To the tune of $237.45 .....

I really can't see how your "fair amount" of successful orders somehow mitigates the fact that Broken Wings never got HIS stuff ??? Am I to take it that it's A OK for HK to fill some , but not all , of the orders for which they take a customer's money ? Broken Wings ain't some "johnny come lately" , He's been around since 2002 . When my fellow , WELL ESTABLISHED , RCers keep reporting time and again bad dealings with a company that I , Myself have had issue with , it says FAR more than any "but my 300 orders showed up the day before I ordered them" protestations of the HK faithful EVER could .

Enjoy your HK . Your time will come . And ya know what , I'll probabally feel sorry for YOU , too .........

Propworn 12-14-2013 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by init4fun (Post 11685022)
Yes , Dennis , you got your stuff . Broken Wings didn't . To the tune of $237.45 .....

I really can't see how your "fair amount" of successful orders somehow mitigates the fact that Broken Wings never got HIS stuff ??? Am I to take it that it's A OK for HK to fill some , but not all , of the orders for which they take a customer's money ? Broken Wings ain't some "johnny come lately" , He's been around since 2002 . When my fellow , WELL ESTABLISHED , RCers keep reporting time and again bad dealings with a company that I , Myself have had issue with , it says FAR more than any "but my 300 orders showed up the day before I ordered them" protestations of the HK faithful EVER could .

Enjoy your HK . Your time will come . And ya know what , I'll probabally feel sorry for YOU , too .........

I don't care about Hobby King one way or another I just don't know of anyone who has been ripped off. Someone comes on the forum and claims they have been ripped off I have to take their word for it. I do wonder why they let themselves get taken advantage of though. Fact of the mater is I have had more issues with vendors in the US than any others that have been out of country. That doesn't stop me from ordering from the US its a great place to shop. You just seem to have a personal axe to grind with Hobby King. Ask him when he didn't get his stuff within a reasonable time why he did not open a charge back with his credit card. At some point you have to accept responsibility that you have covered your butt from your end.

After all bud you are the consumer you can make a choice not to shop there as others will choose to do so.

Dennis

the pope 12-14-2013 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by init4fun (Post 11684994)
Yea , it's a real laugh seeing how HK rips off a fellow RCer for $237.45 , , , huh ?????

Let me guess , Mr. pope , YOUR last 300 orders have all shown up flawlessly , right ?????

Funny is in the eye of the beholder , and I see NOTHING funny about the fact that HK has done YET AGAIN what they do SO well , Take a guy's money and send nothing ..........

Not 300 orders but 43 . Ever thought it may be the shipping company may have let you down ? I dont have a problem with people complaining about being ripped off but as they havent done anything like that to me and have saved me 000's I'll stick up for them . How about the establish rc firms that have overcharged us for years and got away with it . How is that not being ripped off ? Funny how as soon as hobby king come out with a $5 receiver that a lot of people swear by or the lemon brand thats even better spek somehow can drop their price on theirs . I have had to wait as much as a month or as little as a week for my orders and usually its singapore post that is the worst , if anyones interested . And to finish off I dont find it funny that people dont get their orders ( or just a little bit funny ) but just having a shot at them cause their chinese doesnt make much sense as everything comes from china just about ! Cheers the pope

init4fun 12-15-2013 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by the pope (Post 11685159)
And to finish off I dont find it funny that people dont get their orders ( or just a little bit funny ) but just having a shot at them cause their chinese doesnt make much sense as everything comes from china just about ! Cheers the pope

:cool: Hi Pope ,

Honestly , Thank You for saying you don't find it funny that people sometimes don't get their stuff .

Now , as to the Chinese aspect ;

I have not and will not knock the Chinese about anything . Just like the Japanese all through the 1960s and 1970s (a time in the US that with few exceptions "Made In Japan" meant junk) they will build to the price point that their customer requests . Once we (in the US ) started paying the Japanese for quality , they began producing it . I'm quite sure the Chinese would follow suit with better raw materials and better quality control if we payed a fair market based price for the goods we are contracting them to produce . No issue there whatsoever .

Now !!!! Along comes the distributor (HK) a company that as you well know is not Chinese but Australia based , and takes advantage of the reputation of the cheap goods by essentially having NO customer service whatsoever . If ya get lucky and it shows up and ain't a factory defect , GREAT !!! Ya won the HK lottery . But heaven help ya if it shows up DOA or worse never shows up at all , and now it's somehow YOUR fault cause ya were lured in by the low prices ? No , Friend , This ain't a Chinese problem , It's a problem of sleight of Hand , and one man taking money for product DOA or NA (Never Arrived)

The sermon is over , Please go in peace .......:D

the pope 12-15-2013 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by init4fun (Post 11685348)
:cool: Hi Pope ,

Honestly , Thank You for saying you don't find it funny that people sometimes don't get their stuff .

Now , as to the Chinese aspect ;

I have not and will not knock the Chinese about anything . Just like the Japanese all through the 1960s and 1970s (a time in the US that with few exceptions "Made In Japan" meant junk) they will build to the price point that their customer requests . Once we (in the US ) started paying the Japanese for quality , they began producing it . I'm quite sure the Chinese would follow suit with better raw materials and better quality control if we payed a fair market based price for the goods we are contracting them to produce . No issue there whatsoever .

Now !!!! Along comes the distributor (HK) a company that as you well know is not Chinese but Australia based , and takes advantage of the reputation of the cheap goods by essentially having NO customer service whatsoever . If ya get lucky and it shows up and ain't a factory defect , GREAT !!! Ya won the HK lottery . But heaven help ya if it shows up DOA or worse never shows up at all , and now it's somehow YOUR fault cause ya were lured in by the low prices ? No , Friend , This ain't a Chinese problem , It's a problem of sleight of Hand , and one man taking money for product DOA or NA (Never Arrived)

The sermon is over , Please go in peace .......:D

We seem to agree on most things ! I truly believe that their trying to improve their customer service , well thats my experience anyway . Can you imagine how many orders they must process each month and some will go astray for sure , ( it would be interesting seeing the figures on their sales etc. ) . I read about the usa post system being referred to as united plane smashes ( now that is pretty funny , the name that is ) .The point Im trying to make is that with a business that big things will slip through or mistakes made . I think some are trying to put words into my mouth because I dont seem to be one of H.K.s bashers which seem to be the flavor of the month . I have read that although Anthony Hand is indeed an aussie Hobby King is Hong Kong based although we do have a warehouse in Aus. Some of their stuff is ordinary like their bolts some tools etc but most is good stuff . How many at your field who are into electric run their Lipos ? Where I fly it would be at least %95 and they do fine and save themselves heaps of $ as batteries can be very pricey .I use their little servos on a couple of slope soarers and would I use their servos in a high $ plane , definitely not but Ive seen others do and have no probs so that could just be me being a little anal Im putting together their little blew angle kit planes at the moment and although some of the wood is a bit dodgy and the fit of some of the parts need fixing its still ok by me . I can see that some would jump up and down and run for the key board but to me its no biggie and can happen with the best of brands and its just part of the hobby that I have had to live with as in this hobby if you cant fix some things by yourself your going to have a few kits sitting in the cupboard collecting dust and for the price I will definitely live with it . I think you just need to be careful with what you buy and you learn whats good and whats not after a while but if stuff goes missing well theres not much I can help you with there. Cheers the pope ( sermon only partially over ):rolleyes:

topspin 12-17-2013 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by the pope (Post 11685390)
I think you just need to be careful with what you buy and you learn whats good and whats not after a while but if stuff goes missing well theres not much I can help you with there. Cheers the pope ( sermon only partially over ):rolleyes:

"theres not much I can help you with there."

That appears to be an interesting Freudian slip there Pope. I didn't know that you had the capacity to help with HK problems. Since you live in Australia one has to assume it is possible given the above. So do you work for Hobby King? Do you own Hobby King or have stock in them?

the pope 12-17-2013 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by topspin (Post 11686869)
"theres not much I can help you with there."

That appears to be an interesting Freudian slip there Pope. I didn't know that you had the capacity to help with HK problems. Since you live in Australia one has to assume it is possible given the above. So do you work for Hobby King? Do you own Hobby King or have stock in them?

I only wish I had stocks or owned hobby king and as for working for them not so much . Seeing that your in the usa perhaps you could help Syssa with their appalling after sales service (their pretty good with taking your $ but once they have it its all over ) .Or meccoa who wont even return your emails in 6 months now they are 1 F.U. company to deal with . You dont have to be in china to have a ****ty business plan . As for helping H.K. why would I ? They would be way down the list of companies that I have a prob. with. There are about 20 million people here in Aus and we all cant have a interest in H.K. and probably but not necessary for the last time I have never had a major issue that wasnt my fault with them so why would I **** can them ? But if you like I'll have a word to the big guy upstairs to see if he can help with this global disaster . Cheers the pope

topspin 12-18-2013 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by the pope (Post 11687288)
I only wish I had stocks or owned hobby king and as for working for them not so much . Seeing that your in the usa perhaps you could help Syssa with their appalling after sales service (their pretty good with taking your $ but once they have it its all over ) .Or meccoa who wont even return your emails in 6 months now they are 1 F.U. company to deal with . You dont have to be in china to have a ****ty business plan . As for helping H.K. why would I ? They would be way down the list of companies that I have a prob. with. There are about 20 million people here in Aus and we all cant have a interest in H.K. and probably but not necessary for the last time I have never had a major issue that wasnt my fault with them so why would I **** can them ? But if you like I'll have a word to the big guy upstairs to see if he can help with this global disaster . Cheers the pope

Never been in the hobby buisiness so I can't help except give moral support. My wife is from Melbourne and we visited her brother in Koonawarra a few years ago. It's a beautiful place but feels strange being upside down. Looked for the Hobby King wearhouse, someone said they fly a huge jolley roger flag over the place. Never did find it though, probably a petrol station anyway with trailer out back. So if I ever go back I'm going to find a way to ship about ten cases ov Victoria Bitter back home (you have to store it upside down here in the States), best beer I have ever tasted. I hate to say it but VB makes American beer taste like rat lotion. Cheers Pope....

hairy46 12-18-2013 03:38 PM

This is why I deal with Tower Hobbies, since the early 80s and zero problems"

the pope 12-18-2013 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by topspin (Post 11687834)
Never been in the hobby buisiness so I can't help except give moral support. My wife is from Melbourne and we visited her brother in Koonawarra a few years ago. It's a beautiful place but feels strange being upside down. Looked for the Hobby King wearhouse, someone said they fly a huge jolley roger flag over the place. Never did find it though, probably a petrol station anyway with trailer out back. So if I ever go back I'm going to find a way to ship about ten cases ov Victoria Bitter back home (you have to store it upside down here in the States), best beer I have ever tasted. I hate to say it but VB makes American beer taste like rat lotion. Cheers Pope....

Thanks for sharing the love T.P. I seem to be getting the rough end of the pineapple these days in this time of good will to our fellow man . Yeh the beer over here is not too bad although I mainly drink bundy rum ( lunatics soup ) these days . If u do come back downunder give westend draught a go or melbourne bitter which isnt bad either . Have a good x-mas and say gday to the misses for us . Cheers the pope

Rob2160 12-18-2013 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by topspin (Post 11687834)
I'm going to find a way to ship about ten cases ov Victoria Bitter back home..

I have a way.. we arrived in Tucson Arizona yesterday with a few cases of VB in the cargo hold as gifts for the good folk at Bombardier.

I actually considered adding an extra case for you but wasn't sure you'd give me your address if I PM'd you..

Anyways, all the best and have a Great Christmas and a Happy new year.

topspin 12-19-2013 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Rob2160 (Post 11688367)
I have a way.. we arrived in Tucson Arizona yesterday with a few cases of VB in the cargo hold as gifts for the good folk at Bombardier.

I actually considered adding an extra case for you but wasn't sure you'd give me your address if I PM'd you..

Anyways, all the best and have a Great Christmas and a Happy new year.

Thanks Rob I appreciate that. My brother in law is sending me two cases for Christmas via FedEx, $ 145.00 shipping each (owww). But it is worth it. The funny part is the tops of the shipping boxes say "This End Down". It has to be kept upside down once it crosses the equator or it will go flat and I don't want you to have to fly all the way here inverted.:D

So dumb question.... Do you have to reverse the elevator on your plane when you fly in the northern hemisphere or does it just do it for you? Last time it was a 12 1/2 hr. flight on Quantas and I think maybe their 747's do it automatically cause I never even noticed.;):D

Rob2160 12-19-2013 09:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by topspin (Post 11688485)
Thanks Rob I appreciate that. My brother in law is sending me two cases for Christmas via FedEx, $ 145.00 shipping each (owww). But it is worth it. The funny part is the tops of the shipping boxes say "This End Down". It has to be kept upside down once it crosses the equator or it will go flat and I don't want you to have to fly all the way here inverted.:D

So dumb question.... Do you have to reverse the elevator on your plane when you fly in the northern hemisphere or does it just do it for you? Last time it was a 12 1/2 hr. flight on Quantas and I think maybe their 747's do it automatically cause I never even noticed.;):D

I'll bring two cases for you next time then. LOL... The plane stays upright crossing the equator but the swirling water in the Lav changes direction... Yeah its a long way to anywhere from Australia, but I get to pax home soon for Christmas on the Qantas A380.

Meanwhile.. somewhere in Arizona....

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=1948956http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=1948957