RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Hobby King Growing!!!!!!!! (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/11327191-hobby-king-growing.html)

PLANE JIM 12-10-2012 07:59 PM

Hobby King Growing!!!!!!!!

Hobby King now has a Brazil Warehouse and they are also hiring per the website!!

countilaw 12-10-2012 09:28 PM

RE: Hobby King Growing!!!!!!!!

They are always hiring, they can't seem to keep employees. Is the Brazil warehouse anything like the warehouse in the US that is just a mail drop?

Anthony Hand the <u>man</u> with a <u>plan</u>........ to rip you off !!! If you order a part and that part is damaged, you will pay to ship it back and pay again to have the replacement shipped to you. That's a rip off ! (If you could ever get anyone with Customer Service to actually help you.) Oh wait, what customer service?

Frank

Hey Jim, How have you been doing? I hope you and the family had a great Thanksgiving. Hey! We got a little snow this morning, didn't hang around long though. Hope the weather warms up thursday, I really need to get some stick time in.

TomCrump 12-11-2012 04:12 AM

Like HK, my toe nails are growing !

scale only 4 me 12-11-2012 06:39 AM

TMI TomC,,, get to work on that ;)

PLANE JIM 12-11-2012 07:31 AM

I have been told that the business has done so well in the USA that long term plans are to open more warehouses here-that would be great Frank if they were close to us-YOU would be able to exchange defective parts in person and pay no shipping.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone

scale only 4 me 12-11-2012 07:50 AM

I was told Elvis was abducted by a Aliens, Pretty sure I saw him singing for tips in a dive bar in Needles, CA, Hard to know what to believe these days.

PLANE JIM 12-11-2012 08:02 AM

I know there seems to be a rare occurance that people will not tell the truth at times-especially on these forums-but it is just a hobby. [:@]

guver 12-11-2012 04:12 PM

It would be neat to open the FIRST HK LHS.

JollyPopper 12-11-2012 05:09 PM

Didn't somebody offer a reward for a picture of the FIRST bona fide Hobby King USA warehouse?

PLANE JIM 12-11-2012 06:05 PM

yes it would-maybe one of those empty grocery stores that have moved-like a kroger or safeway

TampaRC 12-11-2012 06:55 PM

I've already offered to run a USA retail / warehouse operation in Florida with genuine USA customer service but they never responded. ( I have run several USA based RC import operations}

countilaw 12-11-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: TampaRC

I've already offered to run a USA retail/ warehouse operation in Florida with<u> genuine </u>USA <u>customer service</u> but they never responded. ( I have run several USA based RC import operations}

Hobby King is NOT interested in Genuine Customer Service ! Hobby King just wants your money and then you are on your own.

Frank

TampaRC 12-11-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: countilaw

Quote:

ORIGINAL: TampaRC

I've already offered to run a USA retail/ warehouse operation in Florida with<u> genuine </u>USA <u>customer service</u> but they never responded. ( I have run several USA based RC import operations}

Hobby King is NOT interested in Genuine Customer Service ! Hobby King just wants your money and then you are on your own.

Frank

ouch

topspin 12-12-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: countilaw

They are always hiring, they can't seem to keep employees. Is the Brazil warehouse anything like the warehouse in the US that is just a mail drop?

Anthony Hand the <u>man</u> with a <u>plan</u>........ to rip you off !!! If you order a part and that part is damaged, you will pay to ship it back and pay again to have the replacement shipped to you. That's a rip off ! (If you could ever get anyone with Customer Service to actually help you.) Oh wait, what customer service?

Frank

Hey Jim, How have you been doing? I hope you and the family had a great Thanksgiving. Hey! We got a little snow this morning, didn't hang around long though. Hope the weather warms up thursday, I really need to get some stick time in.

Anthony shows a home address in Brazil. Perhaps it is for tax purposes or it could be because Brazil has almost no extradition treaties with anyone so in case things go south it's nice refuge.

As for all the folks asking for pictures of the US warehouse you can find them on line already. The primary site is a trailer in Tacoma and they use the UPS store in Lakewood as the store front. It is not a brick and mortar warehouse because a greedy organization like Hobby Kringe would never spend that much money on anything to do with distribution. That's why the planes they ship are always broken and missing parts and that's why they don't have customer service. Money Money Money and to Hl with the customers, er suckers or whatever they think of you.

init4fun 12-12-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM..................... tell the truth .................

Ok Jim , Here's some truth for ya ;

LOTS of things grow . Some things , like HobbyKing , , , , and cancer , are not the best examples of "growth" ...... :(

Now , the list of teams that MY New England Patriots have crushed , like what happened to you Texans here in Foxboro Massachusetts on Monday night , is an example of GREAT growth :D !!!!! (42 to 14 , hey Texas , How do ya like us NOW :D )

scale only 4 me 12-12-2012 07:57 AM

Makes me wonder if Jim must be a Closet HK hater throwing up these monthly Soft Balls for you guys.

JollyPopper 12-12-2012 09:42 AM

Yeah topspin, I am aware of the pictures of a battered old trailer masquerading as a warehouse. I want to see a picture of a brick and mortar actual warehouse (we all know what a warehouse is) with Hobby Sting er King in big block letters across the front of it and an actual street address. Just like all warehouses as we have come to know them over the years. Then I will admit that Hobby Sting actually has a USA warehouse. Until then, it's just another ploy to get our money and offer absolutely no customer service. And even then, I doubt their basic business policies would change.

Bill G 12-12-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: JollyPopper

Didn't somebody offer a reward for a picture of the FIRST bona fide Hobby King USA warehouse?
I thought it was a small UPS storefront. Irregardless, HK is a mail order company, same as any other. Size doesn't matter to me, simply service. The problem with warehouses, is that you have no real way of knowing what is really there and what they will ship from far away, simply telling you it is in the warehouse, so you will order thinking your goods will arrive faster. Unless they become like Horizon and have hobby shops carrying their goods, then they are a mail order company, not much different from any other. Hobby shops don't like to see goods, when the manufacturer won't warrant their product, so that probably won't happen. That said, unless one of these warehouses opens up close enough to where I live as a store also, to where I can stop in and buy, it makes no difference to me.

PLANE JIM 12-12-2012 04:54 PM

What do you mean -SIZE DOES MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLANE JIM 12-12-2012 05:03 PM

For all that may be in need of customer service please follow the instructions below-I just got credit for this post-thanks

Customer Service
Customer service is our top priority, and while some issues are beyond our control, we do our best to ensure your transaction exceeds your expectations.
Should you have an issue with any of our products or service, please contact us via our CUSTOMER SUPPORT CENTRE (login first) to voice your concern.

LSP972 12-12-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

For all that may be in need of customer service please follow the instructions below-I just got credit for this post-thanks

So you are affiliated with them, yes?

PLANE JIM 12-12-2012 07:37 PM

No-Just like stirring the pot-Now I got to go watch epoxy cure!

countilaw 12-12-2012 08:28 PM

Jm loves to stir the pot. But he does it in fun.

Jim you crack me up, I think we should split the check. Is it in USD or Yen?

Frank

scale only 4 me 12-13-2012 04:22 AM

Why would he get it in Japanese money???,,
the jokes have to make sense to be funny bud.

Good luck

topspin 12-13-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

Why would he get it in Japanese money???,,
the jokes have to make sense to be funny bud.

Good luck

Chinese Yuan are not recognized as legal tender in the special enterprise zone so Hong Kong uses the Hong Kong Dollar which is tied to the US dollar in it's value structure.

However, During the Japanese occupation, Japanese military yen were the only means of everyday exchange in Hong Kong. When the yen was first introduced on 26 December 1941, the exchange rate was 1 yen = 2 dollars. However, in August 1942, the rate was changed to 4 to 1. The yen became the only legal tender on 1 June 1943. The issue of local currency was resumed by the Hong Kong government and the authorised local banks after liberation, with the pre-war rate of 16 dollars = 1 pound being restored. The yen was exchanged at a rate of 100 yen = 1 dollar. On 6 September 1945, all yen notes were declared void.

So you see it was funny. :D Don't quit your day job....:eek: