RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   HobbyKing problems (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/11596882-hobbyking-problems.html)

corvette65 03-29-2014 02:36 PM

HobbyKing problems

Every time I try to buy something at Hobbyking they don t accept my Visa card although my card is good. I enter my card information and it says "paid" and then when I check the status of my order a day later it says "unpaid". This has happened twice already and on both occasions I just asked for a refund which took about 1 month. Last week I tried again and it said my card had to be checked by Visa for a confirmation. This is very frustrating. Has anybody had the same experience. I only buy batteries and Esc s because they are so cheap at Hobbyking. Otherwise I use Towers. They always have everything in stock and ship immediately and there is never any problem using my Visa card. The only problem is that their electronics,batteries etc. are not cheap. I wish they had competitive prices on Lipos and NIMH batteries and I would never bother with Hobbyking ever again. I guess you get what you pay for-low prices and poor service or problems paying.

Checklst 03-29-2014 08:17 PM

Never had a problem using CC through PayPal...........did they ever give you a reason for a cc card going into reverse, a paid/not paid reverse is strange indeed.

ira d 03-29-2014 10:42 PM

I dont use HK but almost weekly someone is posting on RCU about how they were scammed by HK, Do a search and you find a lot of discussion on RCU about
HK.

chuckk2 03-30-2014 12:21 AM

Visa has some sort of "protection" scheme in place. One of the trip items is a purchase via the internet at certain times of night.
Another one was a number of transactions via the internet in a short period of time.
Other than that Visa would not disclose details.

In the US there can be another problem. Some hobby suppliers have what looks like a domestic transaction via pay pal.
In actual fact, the paypal pay to account may be an overseas account. The buyer doesn't necessarily find this out until the final CC card
billing shows a "foreign transaction" fee, imposed even though the transaction is in US dollars.

corvette65 03-30-2014 12:17 PM

I contacted Visa and they informed me that Hobbyking is not currently connected with Visa. What a loser operation.I have joined "Verified by Visa" and that made no difference. I have tried to re-order 10 times today and still Hobbyking cannot process the order--unbelievable.

topspin 03-30-2014 12:37 PM

I am surprised to hear that they will not accept your payment. I have never heard of Hobby King not taking money, refunding it is where they seem to have some great difficulty.

I just read a post in which the guy said they took his money in ten seconds but there was a problem with the order that required him to file a Pay Pal dispute. Even after Pay Pal told them to give him a refund they said it would take several weeks. I never heard of anyone else who does business like that.

flyinwalenda 03-30-2014 12:44 PM

Try Glacier lipos from RC Buddy. There are better places to buy those items than HK. You may pay a little more but You are getting a better product supported by a way better company.

AMA 74894 03-31-2014 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda (Post 11771988)
Try Glacier lipos from RC Buddy. There are better places to buy those items than HK. You may pay a little more but You are getting a better product supported by a way better company.

THANK YOU flyinwalenda! RCBuddy is not a company I was aware of... at the end of the day if I've gotta spend an extra $15 to stay out of HK's hands then I'm a happy camper.

(valuehobby.com is another one I prefer to use)

+1 topspin also... ;) HK NOT taking your money isn't the problem most folks report :)

DavidAgar 03-31-2014 05:03 PM

I have to agree with the you get what you pay for attitude. I had a buddy of mine get me some 4 cell 4000 ma Lipos when he ordered from Hobby KIng. I just had bought a set of them from my local hobby shop a month or so before for $25.00 more than Hobby King. Giving credit where credit is due, they arrived within a week. Then the problem became apparent. Both batteries were bad and would not take a charge and the cells were all over the chart as far as voltage goes. One of them started to puff up while charging. As they say, the batteries went to the salt water and I learned a lesson....Cheaper is not always better.....

flyinwalenda 03-31-2014 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by AMA 74894 (Post 11772550)
THANK YOU flyinwalenda! RCBuddy is not a company I was aware of... at the end of the day if I've gotta spend an extra $15 to stay out of HK's hands then I'm a happy camper.

(valuehobby.com is another one I prefer to use)

+1 topspin also... ;) HK NOT taking your money isn't the problem most folks report :)

Sure ! If you ever saw/heard of Gens Ace lipos the Glaciers are made to the same specs/in the same factory except they don't have the metal plates in them. However they are sold by a better company than the GensAce and work just as well.
I ordered from HK about 5-6 years ago but that was the last. Their Turnigy lipos are good but again there are much better choices out there now for lipos offered by much better companies.

Rv7garage 03-31-2014 05:45 PM

I really like my Glacier lipos. Excellent performance, very low IR, and good prices too :)