RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Owatonna R/C Modelers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/13567-owatonna-r-c-modelers.html)

jedi 02-20-2003 10:14 PM

Owatonna R/C Modelers

The owatonna R/C Modelers are located in Southern Minnesota, We cater to all type of R/C aircraft and Helicopters.

Link to our official club website.

A statement of our conditon as a club:

February 15, 2003

OWATONNA R/C MODELERS
A STATEMENT ON THE CONDITION OF THE CLUB
FROM THE NEW CLUB OFFICERS

The Owatonna R/C Modelers has elected its new officers for the year 2003 and together they look forward to continuing the club and to work with other clubs.

The club treasury is in good shape. Our concern is keeping the club on a solid operating basis to guarantee that we will be able to provide for expenses in the year 2003 and beyond. Our plan includes expanding our membership through a good training /education program along with community involvement.

Due to the death of Corinne Reul, our Landlady, there were some fears and rumors that our club would not be able to continue at its present site because the land lease previously negotiated with her did not provide for future use of the land by the club after her death. These fears may now be laid aside.

A new lease has been negotiated and signed with the partnership representing Mrs. Reul's heirs. The lease is for a five-year period and as far as the club is concerned, we are assured operation at the present site for that period of time. The flying field will continue to be known as the "Robert and Corinne Reul Memorial Flying Field" in memory of these two fine people. The heirs of the Reul’s feel that this is the way they would have wanted it.

During the summer of 2003 the club will again host or participate in putting on three flying events. These events are:

The 4th Annual Fun-Fly on June 21 & 22.
The Jolly-Rogers / Owatonna R/C Modelers War-Bird fly-in on August 9 & 10.
The Rotary Ring-Out helicopter event on August 22, 23 & 24.

The Owatonna R/C Modelers are proud to continue to put on these events and look forward to your attendance and participation.

If you need any further information you may contact any of the club officers. You may also visit our official website at www.owatonna-rc-modelers.com for the latest club news, upcoming events or current weather conditions at our flying site.

Thank you for your support in the past and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Arlin Leder, President
Randy Ulrich, Vice-President
Pat Weber, Secretary/Treasurer
Craig Ulrich, Safety Officer
Lyle Bohn, Immediate Past President

jneesy 03-06-2003 11:26 AM

Owatonna R/C Modelers

one of my vendors just relocated to owatonna i have to go there once a year now i can fly too WOW