RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Horizon Hobby Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/192878-horizon-hobby-support.html)

bear750 07-11-2002 08:21 PM

Horizon Hobby Support

Manufacturers, as a general rule, don't get nearly as much support and praise as they deserve. We usually start conversations and threads with negative comments. If you have had good experiences with any of them, le it be known, maybe someone will take a note.... I'll start:

I sent a JR rx in to Horizon Hobby for a checkout and new antenna after a pretty nasty crash. The emailed estimate I rec'd was for around $20. Within two weeks, I had my rx back in my mailbox, boxed nicely with an invoice attached - for $0.00. Not one to look a gift horse... I accepted their service and thought the least I could do was to tell others.

Crash_N_Burn 07-11-2002 09:13 PM

Horizon Hobby Support

I don't have a particular incident I can share about Horizon, just the fact that their customer service and tech help is outstanding.....

.....Plus they sent me a thank-you postcard after my last purchase.

Nice touch.

SloFlight-RCU 07-11-2002 09:30 PM

Great Planes Cust. Support

I had ruined one half of the wing plan's for my 1/3 scale 330L by trying to flatten it out with a spray of water (it shrunk) (Stupid stupid stupid). I emailed GP about purchasing a new Wing Plan set at a cost of something like 13.00. I promptly received an email back requesting my address and that they would be happy to replace it.....FREE OF CHARGE!! About a week later, I found the package sitting outside my front door.

I was vary pleased

THANKS GREAT PLANES!!! :D :D :D :p :D :p :D

mmorg1 07-11-2002 09:37 PM

Horizon Hobby Support

My father sent in an old saito 120 round head that was running badly, They tried very hard to get new parts for the engine and replaced what they could, got the engine back and it ran great. total cost $0

Sent in a saito 150 with heavy crash damage, broken case, bent lifters, bent crank, and cracked carb. $115! smokin' deal. but then it was lost somewhere at their shop, so they sent a brand new 150!

DavidAgar 07-11-2002 09:56 PM

Horizon Hobby Support

This is good news. I just mailed my JR to them today. Like a real dummy, I plugged in my JR thinking it was a Futaba, and you can quess the rest. I would have thought it was a fuse blown, but if it is a fuse it is really hidden well. Just hope to get it back all dialed in and ready to go. One of my finer moments of course.

greenboot 07-13-2002 12:26 AM

Horizon Hobby Support

I've had a great experience with Horizon regarding my Saito.

Tom

vinnie 07-16-2002 05:23 PM

Horizon Hobby Support

I recently purchased a Hangar 9 Double Vision charger only to discover that the attached RX charge plug won't fit into a JR external mount charge jack. When I suggested a design review to Horizon they sent me a short extension cable I can use as an adapter. That was nice. :)

jimcork1 07-17-2002 06:31 PM

Horizon Hobby Support

Horizon helped my young son on Saito also.. Great service..

JohnVH 07-17-2002 09:23 PM

Horizon Hobby Support

I have praise for them too, had a saito fixed, and had to replace a broken part on something else. Everything was top notch, from the guys on the phones, to the quickness I got it!! :thumbup:

Scotty740 07-17-2002 11:07 PM

Horizon Hobby Support

I sent them an 8700g servo, $150, that had stopped working in one direction intermittently. I didn't have a receipt and didn't remember when or who I had bought it from but sent it in expecting to have some repair costs involved. A couple weeks later I received a box with a letter saying they didn't find any problems with the servo but sent me a brand new one at no charge.