RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Start them early (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/194576-start-them-early.html)

flyindoc 07-13-2002 01:11 PM

Start them early

1 Attachment(s)
This is a picture of my 3 year old son Adam. He loves to go flyin with me. He always wants his remote control, so this last time, I gave him an old airtronics transmitter without the battery. He wanted a neck strap, so I gave him that also. He stood right out there with me watching the airplane and workin' the sticks just like he was flying. What a blast. Here is a picture for your enjoyment.

Andy

mefly2 07-13-2002 02:10 PM

Start them early

Man, that's great Andy...:) Looks like he's really enjoying himself.

I have three nieces, 3,5, and 7yrs. of age. The 3 yr. old helps me fly quite a bit, I have an electric biplane that is a very stable flier, so after I get some good altitude, I hand her the tx. She is getting where she can keep it up for a few minutes by herself.

This is also where my username came from. One day during a diaper change, I was getting ready to fly and all of a sudden she must have gotten away from mom 'cuz here she came running across the lawn...totally naked...screaming "me fly too..me fly too"!!

Great stuff...:D

Robotech 07-13-2002 03:34 PM

Never too young!

1 Attachment(s)
Starting out my grandbaby on G2. Whenever she comes over she shouts papaw, throttle! At 1 1/2 yrs. she loves to work the rudder and throttle. :D

Joss Stick 07-13-2002 09:04 PM

My Buddies

Adam and Andy are my flyin buddies. When I'm at their house Adam talks, plays, sleeps airplanes. I have never seen a 3 year old respect model aircraft like he does. I landed my G202 deadstick the other day and he pulled it back to the pits as best and as far as he could. He knew just what to do. He is gonna be quite the RC Pilot!

GrnBrt 07-13-2002 09:29 PM

Start them early

Ah man guys, those pictures and accounts are just to precious!!!! Had my soon to be 9 Granson over last night and he was asking when we were going to go out flying. I took him a few years ago, had lunch at the local small airport and then onto the field. He was all eyes and very good in the pits and around the planes. It hurt to tell him that this year is a wash out because of severe back problems. I do think that soon I will have a little flying bud for sure!!!! :D

DavidAgar 07-14-2002 03:07 AM

Start them early

It is a good thing to get the kids involved at any age. My son has always been involved. He started building at 6 and he soloed at 9. Today at 10 1/2 he out flyes me. He does all his own building and except for starting the engine, he is completly self suffecient. It does a Dad proud to watch him. Good Luck, Dave

Volfy 07-14-2002 06:11 PM

Start them early

My first born is 3 months old, and I can't wait for him to get on the sticks.

Not sure if I want to start him off on simulator though. I am afraid he may end up liking to play on the computer and nothing else. :)