RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   I'm worried... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/20862-im-worried.html)

Nathan 12-02-2001 01:20 AM

I'm worried...

With all the current RC forums/newsgroups out there right now, and the addition of RC Universe, I may not have time to build or fly any more. ;)

Now... if only the RCO'ers would find some of these other forums, we could all benefit from a well designed site and lots of information.

Good luck... I'll be stopping by often.

Nogyro 12-02-2001 01:55 AM

I'm worried...

Diddo here on this new site. I just got plane tired of RCO taking 1 1/2 minutes to load up a page. You can read a book while your browsing the site! :(

I hope this site can hang in there and make it.

mvigod 12-02-2001 07:27 PM

I'm worried...

Yes, I built this site because of frustration with the other sites out there. Slow and lacking in needed features.

I will make this site hang on as I believe if you build it they will come. Fortunately I have quite a few marketing tricks up my sleeve to get the masses here. There will be advertising of our site into the RCM, Model Airplane News, AMA, etc... We will also soon be in every major search engine on the planet. We are letting people know via the RC newsgroups. There are a few other surprises in store as well. We also hope that all those who come here and appreciate the site to let their buddies know. Networking or "viral" marketing as they call it is great to spread the word.

Bob Ruth 12-03-2001 12:00 AM

I'm worried...

The number one thing IMHO that will drive folks to this type of forum from the newsgroups is the reduction of the noise to news ratio. Ten years ago I was totally against this kind of thing, but the noise ratio in the news groups has gotten so bad that they have become useless and those that have the knowledge to share have pretty much left. :(
I suggest you forget the gimmicks and concentrate on building a body of knowledgably friendly regular posters that will make it worthwhile for folks to drop by to lurk and post. ;)
I am just getting back into sailplanes after about ten years off and spent a few years, way back when behind the counter at a small hobby shop. So I will be posting here asking questions and answering the few that I can. :D

dwsc 12-08-2001 10:22 PM

looks good

I already like and i've only been on it about ten minutes

mvigod 12-09-2001 04:22 AM

I'm worried...

Thanks all. We'll keep doing the greatest job we can and keep this a fun, informative place for all RC users. If things ever turn the wrong way don't hesitate to email or private message me. Boats can occasionally go of course so I need everyones input if they ever see it happening so I can set it right.

Roadrunner 12-09-2001 10:24 PM

Spreading the word

RCadmin, I have a feature in my newsletter called "Get Caught Up In The Web" wherein I note new items of R/C interest on the Internet. I will be happy to plug RCuniverse in the next issue. Looks like you've got a good thing going here.:)