RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Ever wonder about the manufactured quantity in rc? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/218792-ever-wonder-about-manufactured-quantity-rc.html)

Tapio 08-05-2002 01:27 AM

Ever wonder about the manufactured quantity in rc?

Does anybody know how many kits or ARF's of any one model are produced. How about engines or heli's??

Robby 08-05-2002 01:58 AM

This is a damn good question... The one LHS I go to does about ten to fifteen SuperStar 40 's a month... There are about six decent size LHS in the Chicagoland area.. Thats a ton of Superstars.. Now there are about six major type cities in Illinois.. Ok, so now we are at mea amounts.. Then there is the rest of the country.. So my question.. Where in the hell ARE these dang nabit SuperStars people are buying...
Robby

SDCrashmaster 08-05-2002 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Where in the hell ARE these dang nabit SuperStars people are buying...
I have disintegrated two of them. One at full clip into a streetlamp ...awesome video (see attached screen captures)...and the second, the wing halves seperated on it's 30th flight...unfortunately no video.

wgeffon 08-05-2002 07:01 PM

Cool pics!

SDCrashmaster 08-05-2002 07:14 PM

Yeah,
As sad as it was, I would'nt change a thing. That couple seconds of video are worth the price of admission. My son, Corey–who was 9 at the time–was going to solo once I landed that flight. In the video, the "Noooooo" he screamed out has been described by Shaun Evans (Yellow Aircraft) as sounding like "he just watched his dog get ran over by a car". I still get a heartwrenching feeling everytime I hear the audio portion (it's a dad thing).
Now 13, he somehow found the strength to move on. Check the August issue of RCM and read about his 'best scale flight' accomplishments at "Best in the West" last April with his Avons' F-15.
Keep your video cameras rolling constantly, cause you just never know.
By the way, my son was the camera operator.

Paul Reese

YNOT 08-06-2002 01:38 AM

Where?

A few weeks ago, I went to an Intro pilot day at a public field in Houston. Had to have been a dozen Super Stars and an ez 3 Aviastar and a few other trainers. WHEWWWWW! A Bunch of new guys.

I had my sons Super Star too, so..................I wasn't helping much.

Had a great time getting new pilots in the air.

Flying Scotsman 08-06-2002 01:44 AM

Re: Where?

Originally posted by YNOT
A few weeks ago, I went to an Intro pilot day at a public field in Houston. Had to have been a dozen Super Stars and an ez 3 Aviastar and a few other trainers. WHEWWWWW! A Bunch of new guys.

I had my sons Super Star too, so..................I wasn't helping much.

Had a great time getting new pilots in the air.

Hello YNOT,

I guess you were at the Bayou City Flyer's monthly intro fly? It's always busy at the beginning of every month but the newbies never stay for long :( which is a pity otherwise, BCF would be the richest club in the US :D

"Thanks" for helping the guys out at a club that you do not belong to!

Happy Flying
Flying Scotsman