RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   What happened to 2005? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/3409076-what-happened-2005-a.html)

RCaeroguy 09-30-2005 12:13 PM

What happened to 2005?

This year has been the year of the house. I've replaced two doors, three windows, poured two concrete pads, built two sets of stairs. My brother is building a house this year so I've been helping with that...........

Meanwhile, I have two brand new planes hanging in my room that have never been flown. Spent all last winter building them and two others for a friend and there they sit. I have another plane I'm supposed to build for a friend and there it sits. Patient friend! Maybe I can fly my float plane off the snow this year. whew! I need a vacation!

Hobbsy 09-30-2005 01:16 PM

RE: What happened to 2005?

I know exactly what that's like, we decided to sell out in Alexandria, Va. and move to Colonial Beach, Va. early last spring. Between getting that place ready to sell, then the move and getting this place the way we want it I've only flown twice this summer. 2005 has been a blur.

RCKen 09-30-2005 01:24 PM

There is a saying that fits here--- Life is what happens when you're making other plans!! That describes my 2005 also. I've had a couple of RC projects that I wanted to get done this year that have been on hold for the summer. They've been on hold because work has exploded on me this summer. Luckily it's let up a lot the last few weeks and I'm actually seeing an end to the projects.

Ken

scottrc 09-30-2005 02:20 PM

Lets see, a Tornado and flood causing major repairs to the outside of the house ( I had to install an entire wall of siding, six windows, two doors, and rebuild the central air unit that got smashed from a tree) and basement (a ton of cleaning), where the majority of my RC stuff got damaged, two additional foster kids came to stay, a stray cat showed up, family from down south came to stay because of the Hurricans, work getting busy requiring a lot of overtime, and some close family with severe health problems hasn't yielded much, if any time for RC. About the closest I'm getting to the hobby is by yapping here on RCU.

Oh, and the engine on my car gave out today, so there goes another weekend or two repairing it.

But there is always next year, when the house repairs are done, the kids are gone, the cat runs away, by parents get better, I win a new car, and I get a big bonus from work for all the overtime, which I can use to go out and buy a new plane, radio, and engine.:D

Rv7garage 09-30-2005 02:44 PM

What happened to 2005? It flew away!:D

FLYBOY 09-30-2005 05:22 PM

Hmmmmm, plane crash, coma, ICU, rehab. [:-] Whats an airplane?

I want my life back, or at least the part I missed. Did get one glider flight 2 weeks ago, got a 45 minute thermal. It rocked! Can't wait to fly again. Amazing how fast time goes now!

Roquewj 09-30-2005 07:55 PM

Flyboy,

Tell us more about your recovery. Hope you are doing well on that road.