RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   dues (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/4285-dues.html)

Tattooold 07-04-2002 03:13 PM

How much are your dues?

Our dues are $18/ year.
Our club holds an auction, a Heli fly-in, a big bird fly-in, and giant scale racing event every year, and the proceeds keep our club (with 4 fields) running great. We are at about 100 members give or take a few.

FHHuber 07-04-2002 07:32 PM

How much are your dues?

I have seen clubs with dues ranging from $5 (just enough to cover the postage and costs of the newsletter at the time) to $350 (that's right... no decimal. And that was in 1978!) at one club that had to pay a tremendous rental on the flying site...

Each club's financial situation being different is cause for there being differences in thier dues.

pettit 07-05-2002 07:03 AM

club Dues

I belong to 3 clubs, 2 of which the dues are in the $30.00 per year range. One of those club only provides a place to fly, no meetings, no newsletter (they do have a website)

The other has all the benefits, but gets the majority of it's income from a once-a-year Swap Shop. Without that event our dues would almost triple.

The 3rd Club has a great grass runway, but is privately owned by one of the members. He built it to learn to fly feom and there's probably 50 members. We each pay $100.00 a year, and we get to fly. He holds a Summer Cook-Out and a Fall Pig Pickin' (Southerners will know what I mean)

BTW, the $100 a year field just got AMA Charter and we're starting an IMAA Chapter too.

jack01 07-09-2002 12:30 PM

How much are your dues?

My club's dues are $100 a year for adults, $25 for me cause' I'm under 18. That isn't that much though, because we get a 600X115 ft grass runway, newsletter, meetings, free fly-ins(3 or more a year) and a lawn care service.

Viper Pilot 07-17-2002 10:39 AM

How much are your dues?

$50 a year . . . . up from $40 a year so we can pay for our field!!!!!
Once paid, the dues go back to $40.

Cheap thrills, huh?????

VP

Siskiyouline 08-01-2002 10:26 AM

Dues

Our club has over 100 members. Our dues are $25.00 per year plus you must have your AMA membership. We lease the area from the county (it is part of the parks system). We have a paved 400' x 60' asphalt runway with concrete taxiways for large airplanes from the pit area. The pit area has either large cable reels or there are also permanent stands for setting-up and/or starting your planes. We have just recently added a concrete helicopter pad. There is also a covered area with picnic tables.

Our main money making event is our Air Show that we put-on once a year. This show is two days long consisting of 2 shows per day. There is also a complete, ready-to fly trainer airplane raffled to the general public.

http://www.rogue-eagles.com

ozi 08-02-2002 06:26 AM

How long /How much

18 years ago I started RC flight with an electric glider, using old RC buggy gear and an old 3 ch radio. to charge the 1200mAh 6cell packs we new guys used a cable and a 12 v bat.
These days I fly mainly IC engines, I still enjoy flying electric, and have 3 electric planes I fly some weekends. Looking back I often think how far our hobby/ sport has come. For some of you, my short 18 years experance is nothing. but when I started you wouldn't have dreamed of radios with features that we have today. Chargers, well name it and they can just about do anything you want. And as for batterys Ni-MH, Nicad and lets not start on mAhs or motor magnets.

We have come a long way. You can even buy a plane in and box! all most ready to fly. What would the wright brothers say?

ozi 08-02-2002 06:45 AM

fees

Hi guys, here in Australia we are small by your standards in all of oz we have 10,000 members. Our main body is MAAA and we then have state bodies I live in state of Victoria (VMAA) we have around 3000 members. I am the President of a club called Northern Flying Group. This is my 9th year in this position and as of 12 months ago, my Club have started up the State flying field. We as caretakers look after it for the MAAA & VMAA we have 65 members and we pay $90 club fee and 87.50 to VMAA they send of $35 to MAAA. Our bigest problem is insurance since S11 MAAA are having a lot of trouble getting cover and it looks like our fees will go up next year again.

bolar 09-05-2002 05:42 AM

Dues

My clubs dues are $10 a year. With the AMA increase I'm not sure how long it will remain at $10. The current plan in my club is to try and hold out a ten as long as we can before we raise our dues. We currently have 27 members. It should be a few years before we have to worry about a increase :( .

jimcork1 09-23-2002 05:06 PM

dues

I have been in clubs from Little Rock,, Frankfurt,,, Tai Chung, Ventura, Albany, and others. Our dues are $100 and we have the unique privlidge of flying off grass/dirt. Individuals are allowed to own part of the pavillian so that others may not use it when the owner arrives. New members are not able to buy the pavillian because they are privately owned and the owner can sell it to whom ever they chose. (this policy might have been changed?) On a normal day,, if the wind is from the east, we have heavy dust from the construction site. If the plane goes down 50 % chance of being in water. The high tension power lines are behind our field and not in the normal flight path, but if they arch over,, you will probably lose a plane,, but it is a close field, and there are many nice people flying there.