RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Toledo 2007 - RCUniverse on site coverage (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/5712130-toledo-2007-rcuniverse-site-coverage.html)

JWN 04-15-2007 10:54 AM

RE: Toledo 2007 - RCUniverse on site coverage

1 Attachment(s)
Alrighty then, let's get back to the booths!

Lado Technologies is here with their line of custom retractable landing gear. Or, if you already have a set of retracts from another manufacturer and want to convert them to use Lado's reliable electric drive, they can set you up with a retrofit kit.

Pace Paint Booths offers hobbyists an easy way to achieve professional level results when painting with their miniature paint booths.

Southgate Aero is here with their Taurus line of gasoline engines as well as exhaust systems and props.

Wendell Hostetler Plans has long been known for their great flying giant scale designs. What may not be so well known to some modelers however is their recent move into designing smaller electric models as well which have the same reputation for being easy to build and wonderful flyers.

Let's not forget to stop by the Toledo Weak Signals booth. There we can get all the information we would like about the show, it's history and even buy a raffle ticket or ten for a chance to win one of the many prizes hanging on the rear wall of the booth.

Down the row a bit we find Ritch's Brew where you can order your fuel then pick up your fuel on the loading dock and put it straight in to your car. A little inconvenient yes, but at least people didn't have to cart around a case or two of fuel through the show!

Cool Chem is next with their unique adhesive Cyanopoxy which takes the best properties of CA and epoxy and combines them into one product. The demo's were very impressive. When was the last time you were able to successfully glue rubber without the glue flaking off when the rubber was bent or stretched?

Genesis Hobby Distributors is in town with their line of great RC products.

CST is a popular booth with it's full line of composite materials and accessories. They have fiberglass, kevlar, carbon fiber, West System epoxies and all of the other materials and tools you could ever want or need when working with these materials that were considered exotic just a few years ago but are now common place in today's models due to their high strength and low weight.

Cox Hobby Distributors is here with their line of ARF's which range in size from 1/2A to 75cc gas! They bought the Pica Models line last year and have ARF'd most of the popular designs with others around the corner.

TME is here with their line of chargers and power system monitors. These products are easy to setup and use and the information they provide can be invaluable to making sure you get the most performance out of your RC model.

Turning back around to the other side of the isle we see MACS products. These fine folks have been designing and building some of the best aftermarket exhaust systems in the industry for many years. Whether you fly airplanes or heli's, 2 or 4 stroke or gas. They have a muffler or tuned pipe that will help you realize the full potential of your engine.

JWN 04-15-2007 11:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mecoa has their booth full of all kinds of great RC products from a 1/8th scale gasoline powered 4 wheel drive car to engines of all sizes and types.

Carl Goldberg Products has their line of ARF and kit airplanes on display. They also have a terrific line of RC accessories to make life easier when fitting out a new or old model.

RCSkydiving.com is here too with their fun and unique line of RC skydivers and parasailers.

Aero Electric buys and sells vintage engines and components to help make sure these fine little machines survive well in to the future.

Jomar Products is next up with a huge stock of ZAP adhesives as well as several kits and accessories.

And here we have the ZAP booth itself. ZAP offers the most diverse line of specialty CA adhesives I have found to date. Having used almost every one of them, they are all extremely high quality.

Robart has their booth layed out very nicely making it easy to up close and personal with all of their products. Their staff can also answer any questions you might have or help you choose the right setup for your favorite model.

EMS has a huge selection of all things electronic. Servo extentions, switches, servos, tools and a ton of accessories.

Astro Flight is here with their line of high performance electic motors, ESC's and chargers.

Merlin Glow Plugs has been busy helping modelers determine the best glow plug for their engine and running conditions. These are great running plugs that last a long time.

Down the way a bit we find Cermark with a great line up of all things RC. Lots of parts and accessories have been bought here this year and they have a lot of great looking models too.

Nick Ziroli Plans is here too highlighting not only their well known designs, but also Nick's latest sport jet, the Turbinator.

mvigod 04-15-2007 11:03 AM

Members,

We hope you are enjoying our Toledo 2007 coverage here in our forums. We will very soon have complete our video booth walk through's and interviews from the show along with our writeup and deluge of photos. When completed that article will be posted in our magazine section and we'll shoot a short email out to let everyone know and post it in here as well. Enjoy the sneak preview photos and coverage though right now in this thread :)

Marc

Alliance Jet 04-15-2007 11:44 AM

Who were the builders of the military helicopter gunships, and who was the bulider for USS Boston Battleship ?

My son is very interested in those models.

imsofaman 04-15-2007 11:44 AM

How about a better shot of Aerobalsa's booth????

Jerryfwiw 04-15-2007 11:45 AM

I was amazed at what a wonderful job John did moderating the Toledo show right up until the last day. Having attended the show for some 45 years, and not the last three years, brought back fond memories. John I congratulated you for your efforts. Now I saw the whole show without being there......... thru the eyes of John and his camera. I can hardly wait to see the RCU videos. Many thanks again, John...................it was absolutely marvelous! Jerry Smith

BJYarkon 04-15-2007 11:51 AM

Nice work -- you must be exhausted! Thank you.

alanc 04-15-2007 11:58 AM

GENTLEMEN i have NEVER seen anything like this, your dedication, to enable a guys like me, to get just an inkling of what this show is about, has moved me, in the UK, we have model shows, with the same traders flaunting their wares, BUT THIS!!! this is incredible, i await the video with bated breath,
ALAN CANTWELL, YT INTERNATIONAL,
oh yes, nice to see our gear there, on the KMP stand, hope the guys had a good weekend

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK

JWN 04-15-2007 11:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hayes Products is also here again with the line of high quality engine mounts and fuel tanks.

Model Aero has several cool looking foamy prop jets that look like they will be a whole lot of fun to fly.

Apogee is here as well with their Li-Po battery line.

Dawg House RC is here with a couple of really nice looking large scale Yaks plus all the goodies to make them flight ready.

Aspect Aviation has several unique sport models for someone looking for a new model that doesn't look like everything else at the field. They also carry tools, including Permagrit shapers, as well as adhesives and accessories.

Four Pi is here with a bunch of neat looking models, helicopters and general RC goodies.

The AMA booth has been busy all weekend helping current member and new modelers interested in the hobby.

B&D Enterprises is also back with their time proven line of made in the USA pneumatic and mechanical retracts.

Wing Manufacturing is continuing to expand their product line with not only their well known short kits, but also accessories and parts to help you turn your project into a unique model you will be proud to show off and fly at the field.

See Temp is here as well with a bunch of neat items to make your building experience easier with more consistent results.

Stevens AeroModel is here too with what could be argued are some of the best build it yourself kits anywhere. All of these kits are engineered and laser cut to build with the absolute minimum fitting required. It is not uncommon to completely assemble a wing panel without applying a single drop of glue!

dbacon 04-15-2007 12:07 PM

Great Job, thanks for sharing this, you put a lot of work into it.

Patrick9699 04-15-2007 12:07 PM

JWN, thanks, that's great coverage..... great job man, seriously...

I feel guilty... I could have drove there easily, yet didn't....

Maybe next year...

paddlefoot 04-15-2007 12:19 PM

:(

normgoyer 04-15-2007 12:32 PM

Excellent job of covering the show, thanks from all of us who couldn't make it out to Ohio this year. Norm Goyer

ghost_rider 04-15-2007 12:32 PM

Fantastic job JWN.

24/7 04-15-2007 01:11 PM

I feel like I was there !

THANK You

That was one of the best show
reviews I've seen in Years

24/7

Bobt2 04-15-2007 01:14 PM

what? no shots of carden or da?

jft 04-15-2007 01:36 PM

Thanks, a job well done . One day I must make the effort to attend.

EdFly 04-15-2007 01:37 PM

Great coverage..... Can't wait to see some more of the new H-9 1/4 scale J-3.

Aladdin 04-15-2007 01:50 PM

Great job! [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Thank you!!

Marco

Joe Nagy 04-15-2007 01:52 PM

Mega dittos from me too, on your excellent coverage. Many thanx from Florida,

Joe Nagy.

bayoung 04-15-2007 02:54 PM

Do you have a photo of the Stevens Aeromodel booth?

Brad

herbof 04-15-2007 03:06 PM

Thasnk you R/C Universe for making the show available to an old modeler who dosen't get around as well as he once did.

Herbof

normgoyer 04-15-2007 03:21 PM

I was at the Toledo show for Scale RC Modeler many years ago when the river that passes by the old Hockey Rink where the show used to be held caught fire and we had to move our cars, yep, that's right the river caught fire. Norm

wingtip-RCU 04-15-2007 03:49 PM

Who were the builders of the military helicopter gunships, and who was the bulider for USS Boston Battleship ?

My son is very interested in those models.
Those are our kits http://www.indyhelis.com , of our 1/7 scale ah64-a helicopter.. One was built by Wayne Mason of ky that I know of.

but after seeing all the photos posted so far in this thread what disappoints me the most is how crappy and pathetic some of the big time companys display their products. This is Toledo, the one place where everyone can come see your product first hand and get information and flyers and to ask questions... Some of these booths were just complete unprofessional and i think the worst that i have seen so far in the pics posted was the Wildcat booth... just awful. The Align booth wasnt much better either and these are big companys... is it just being cheapskates or lazieness?

up_ya_go 04-15-2007 04:40 PM

Really enjoyed that .... and really great pics....... thanks lots!!!!

Ray