RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Flying near Orlando, Fl? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/589547-flying-near-orlando-fl.html)

wgeffon 02-28-2003 02:15 AM

Flying near Orlando, Fl?

Anyone flying in or near Orlando next week 3/4/03?

Let me know. I have the whole day to kill there.

sedunster 02-28-2003 02:29 AM

Flying near Orlando, Fl?

Sorry, I'm not going to be in the area. When you're there, make sure to stop in Grave's R/C on Orange Blossom Trail. He's got at least 300 planes ready to fly hanging from his ceiling :eek: You may not need to buy anything, but it's worth stopping in to look....

wgeffon 02-28-2003 03:04 AM

Flying near Orlando, Fl?

Thanks for the info.

Is that in Orlando?

sedunster 02-28-2003 03:14 AM

Flying near Orlando, Fl?

Here's their addres and phone number.

GRAVES R C HOBBIES
4814 N ORANGE BLOSSOM TRL, ORLANDO, FL 32810
(407) 294-5699

Bill Graves owns the shop. He's a retired engineer who decided to build up a business in his hobby.

wgeffon 02-28-2003 03:19 AM

Flying near Orlando, Fl?

Thank you!

sedunster 02-28-2003 03:47 AM

Flying near Orlando, Fl?

No problem. I went there a few times last year. I do service work and spend a lot of time traveling throughout the Southeastern US. I bought a few parts for my "hotel built" projects from him and another Orlando shop. He has got about the largest inventory I've ever seen.

lynngordon 02-28-2003 02:58 PM

Flying near Orlando, Fl?

Wayne, sent you an email about RCACF field.

http://www.rcacf.com

Lynn

wgeffon 02-28-2003 03:02 PM

Flying near Orlando, Fl?

Lynn,

Thanks. E-mail hasnt shown up yet.

You going to be flying Tuesday?

lynngordon 02-28-2003 03:21 PM

Flying near Orlando, Fl?

Wayne,

The email was sent at 9:56. Hadn't planned on Tuesday, but its definitely possible. I should be available every day except Friday. It's Bike Week, and time to head to Daytona Beach.

Looks like rain both Monday and Tuesday.

Click here for Orlando local weather and forecast -

http://www.weather.com/weather/local...hatprefs=&y=12

Lynn

wgeffon 02-28-2003 03:53 PM

Flying near Orlando, Fl?

Lynn,

I use AOL and it pretty much sucks. It will get here sometime today......

mulligan 02-28-2003 09:21 PM

Flying near Orlando, Fl?

Wayne, our club, the Sanford Aero Modelers is just north Orlando, not too far from RCACF in fact. We have about 110 members and a grass runway; there are always at least a few guys flying/socializing at the field. Our field is located on State Road 46 between Sanford and Geneva- again north of Orlando. If you want any more info, PM me.

Weather should be great.

- George

wgeffon 02-28-2003 09:40 PM

Flying near Orlando, Fl?

Thanks George I appreciate that.....

SnApRoLl-- 11-12-2004 01:29 PM

RE: Flying near Orlando, Fl?

wgeffon:
If you plan to be in the Orlando area you definatly need to visit Graves R/C. Its must see.
when you walk in all you see is airplanes from here to the moon. I worked there full time for over a year and a half and I was always in awe of the place. also make sure you visit R.C.A.C.F. its a great field with a 750' by 50' paved runway.

SnApRoLl-- 11-12-2004 01:34 PM

lynngordon:
I know its been awhile but I think I still owe you 10bucks for a used Linksys router. I couldnt remember. anyway I'll be out there to renew my membership in December.

Shawn

BasinBum 11-12-2004 02:34 PM

Snap,
Besides being late with the router, your reply to Wayne is about two years late.

lynngordon 11-12-2004 02:57 PM

Hey, Basinbum - Snap's reply may have been a couple of years late, but I'm still here, and I look forward to seeing Shawn again.

Shawn, just got reelected pres again last Monday for next year. I think Bill shut down a little early, and brought the whole crew to the meeting to vote. We're having the big NMPRA nats pylon race again at Tangerine field 10, 11 and 12 Dec, and will have our annual air show on Friday the 31st. Good hearing from you again, and I'll collect that 10 bucks when I see you :-)

Lynn

SnApRoLl- 11-12-2004 09:55 PM

Hey Lynn good to hear from you again :) Congrats on being the prez;) I had to get out of the hobby for a while due to some uncontrollable financial hooplah shortly after leaving Graves. now I'm getting back into it.
I help out Lance over at Hobby Day's on some weekends and I just purchased a Hanger 9 Funtana 90 I'm putting an O.S. 91Fx on it with Hitec 645 M.G. servo's they have 133 in/oz. torque
at 6.0 volts they should be more than enough to move those large surfaces. I will post pictures asap.
I'm going to renew my membership R.C.A.C.F. sometime in December.
well I'm gonna get goin.
take it easy.

B.T.W. I didnt realize I was a bit late on the reply lol oh well better late than never ay? (story of my life heh heh heh.)

SnApRoLl- 11-12-2004 09:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures of my Funtana. the decals are different because I had to strip the covering on both wings and repair some broken wing ribs.

lynngordon 11-13-2004 07:21 AM

Shawn, you'll be in good company out at RCACF - there's lots of funtanas already flying there. Heading out to set up for the combat meet today. Enjoy! Lynn