RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Anyone know what Don Incoll is up to? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/614862-anyone-know-what-don-incoll-up.html)

vtol_guy 03-10-2003 10:46 PM

Anyone know what Don Incoll is up to?

I was jus wondering if anyone out there knows whats happened to Don Incoll. He seems to have totally disapeered. I've only found one of his websites with 3 pics on but nothin else. The last I heard he was takin the summer off for some work around the house.

Please can anyone let me know what has happened to this truly great modeller if anyone knows

I'm quite urgent to talk to him really, I would also like to show him the VTOL i made which is a similar version to his original.

Thanks in advance :)

GrnBrt 03-11-2003 12:23 AM

I talked to Tony Cincotta in Oz as he knows Don and it seems that he has fallen off the face of the earth. We use to contact each other all the time and now his e-mail addy doesn't work, he hasn't been in to see Tony in over a year and word down there is that he has gotten out of the hobby. It seems like he just decided to go in another direction but if I here anything I will let all know about it.

vtol_guy 03-11-2003 07:23 PM

yeh i also heard that he had dropped out of it a few months back. I managed to track down the local model shop down there and he said the same thing but he aint exactly sure, just a rumour but no-one knows for definate

It'll be a shame if he has finished with the hobby, he was definatly one of the greatest pioneers of the hobby in my opinion.

BillHarris 03-12-2003 02:44 PM

Interesting, and distressing.

Don has to be one of the most innovative and prolific modellers I've ever met, and it seems odd that he would disappear.

P'haps is he has developed health problems?

A.T. 03-13-2003 02:26 AM

Don's web pages re VTOL etc have been down for awhile. So whilst across "the ditch' vsiting Melbourne, Australia, for the Avalon Airshow a couple of weeks ago, I called into Saturn Hobbies and asked Tony what had happened to Don.
"Wife required that he spend some time sorting out the house and property" - I have found that when one is prolific in modelling, other household maintenance/relationships suffer in proportion to the amount of time spent on web pages, building, answering questions etc.
We certainly hope that Don soon completed his present circle and returns with refreshed pages.
regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby Web Links
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~atong/

Omurru 03-13-2003 04:26 AM

Last I heard he had left the hobby. I know at one point he was building a model a week and I think shortly after that he stopped. He was doing the house for his wife, but can't see it taking so long. Think he just never got back into the hobby after.

ramcharger 03-13-2003 04:48 PM

Prior to getting involved with RC, Don was a avid motor cyclist. Its my opinion that he is back on the cycles. Cycling is difficult to stay away from for a long time.

ghenson 03-13-2003 08:15 PM

I sure wish someone would kit the Wasp series.

ramcharger 03-15-2003 04:44 PM

I believe the Sirex Wasp is kitted by FunAero (803) 499-5487. You can find more details @ www.flightlines under Funfly/Sirex Wasp. The post and responses are still their. Don Incoll responded to that thread about the kit and FunAero and the OS 46FX. It was in late 2001 or early 2002.

Omurru 03-16-2003 07:00 AM

Had some news about Don today, he got in touch with a friend of mine during the week. He has sold all of his RC stuff, and has gotten out of the hobby. Said he may get back into it in a few years time.....

vtol_guy 03-16-2003 10:35 AM

Omurru, please would it be ok if you could get your friend to pass on my e-mail address to Don, its

[email protected]

I would be very very grateful if you could pass it on to him and ask him to contact me

Thanks.