RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   "Our Field " Is this A Good Deal? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/615556-our-field-good-deal.html)

Raybow 03-11-2003 02:45 AM

"Our Field " Is this A Good Deal?

Our field landing area is 490ft x 279ft and is to be fenced on a reserve with about 50 acres of clear Air space above.

Rental one dollar for first year, with nothing to pay after that, plus building thrown in suitable for club rooms.

Parking set out on outside of flying field fence.

Is this a Good Deal?

Ray

flap 03-11-2003 03:26 AM

Im not sure, is it possible, that after 2 seasons of hard work to get it set up just the way an rc field should be, that it could be taken away?

If you got it in writting Id say it was a great deal.
If not, Id be weary of investing too much sweat equity in someone elses property.

troyp 03-11-2003 05:24 AM

Ray,

In NZ its a good deal especially because you dont have to share the field with any sheep....Just kidding...I wouldnt be an Aussie if I didnt slip that one in...

AS Flap says it all depends on how much work you have to do and how sure you are of keeping the field.

regards,

Troy.

Raybow 03-11-2003 07:53 PM

Our Field

The good thing about it is that being a "Reserve" the land cannot be touched.
We have a Legal Binding Lease for as long as we like to retain the field for $1.00 payable for the 1st year only.
The only thing we have to do is put a 5 Strand Wire fence around to keep about 12 cows off, no problems will have this done in 3 days.
The whole area we we are situated is made up of Sports fields with plenty of airspace no houses.

Ray

Goinstraightup 03-11-2003 08:21 PM

Sounds great to me. A lot of clubs loosing flying sites or flight time would love to be in your shoes.

By loosing flight time I mean that I was in a club once that had the allowable time they could fly reduced to only several nights and one weekend day a week. All this from one cranky neighbor.

If I was you I would run not walk to seal that deal.

Raybow 03-11-2003 09:06 PM

Our lease is signed and sealed.

Ray

Flyfalcons 03-11-2003 10:12 PM

Raybow,
Is that 5 strand wire pretty strong? That stuff could possibly cut a plane in half without breaking a sweat. Could you put a platic fence up instead?

Raybow 03-11-2003 10:22 PM

Hi Ryan

The fence is 5 wire not Stand is only to keep out about 12 Cows from pugging up the field.
As the field is 590ft by 279 ft should not have problems in landing
Remember this is only the landing strip.
The whole reserve is about 50 Acres with no obstacles.

Ray