Community
Search
Notices
Commercial UAV/FPV Discussion of commercial and professional FPV/Drone flight (video, photography, search and rescue, mapping, etc.)

Uavs set up air communication base stations

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 01:54 AM
Gregary

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Uavs set up air communication base stations

In recent years, serious natural disasters often occur in our country, especially in Florida and west coast cities. The typhoons have wreaked havoc on the communications infrastructure, leaving telephone lines unreachable and unable to communicate with the outside.

I suggest that drones can be used to set up emergency communication base station platform in the air in disaster areas. Then a surveillance device is attached, which allows people in the disaster zone to signal for help and call the outside. At the same time, monitoring can observe the real-time situation in the disaster area, which is more conducive to rescue.

Some people worry about the drone's power supply. But there are actually a lot of drone manufacturers out there who have developed tethers that provide continuous power through a cable.

What do you think of my idea? Can it be done?
The following users liked this post:
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)