Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Broken Cockpit Window, How to fix

I hope I posted this in the right forum. I broke my plastic cockpit cover (window). I was wondering if there are some universal ones you can buy, or what my options are. I heard of people making them from soda bottles. This is a 90 size plane so its got some size to it. just wondering what I can do or buy to make a new one. Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Broken Cockpit Window, How to fix

Any way of further explaining this piece, or adding a picture?

Clear plastic can be easy to work with with a little heat. Depending on the piece you need to replicate. If there is not a lot of profile to it, a simple 'plug and mold' could be created.. a new sheet of clear plastic, warmed up and immediately pressed into the mold/plug, let cool.. and trim to shape.

You may need to play with your mold to get it right, and may burn through a few pieces of plastic before you get it right.. but that should be all fairly cheap stuff.

Without knowing what the plane is, and what piece.. thats about as much help Icould offer. Other than the manufacturer having spare parts?