Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Composites Fabrication And Repair
Reload this Page >

Broken Cockpit Window, How to fix

Community
Search
Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

Broken Cockpit Window, How to fix

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 02:43 PM
TravisP32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Cockpit Window, How to fix

I hope I posted this in the right forum. I broke my plastic cockpit cover (window). I was wondering if there are some universal ones you can buy, or what my options are. I heard of people making them from soda bottles. This is a 90 size plane so its got some size to it. just wondering what I can do or buy to make a new one. Thanks
Old 05-10-2011, 08:32 AM
JRgraham
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Broken Cockpit Window, How to fix

Any way of further explaining this piece, or adding a picture?

Clear plastic can be easy to work with with a little heat. Depending on the piece you need to replicate. If there is not a lot of profile to it, a simple 'plug and mold' could be created.. a new sheet of clear plastic, warmed up and immediately pressed into the mold/plug, let cool.. and trim to shape.

You may need to play with your mold to get it right, and may burn through a few pieces of plastic before you get it right.. but that should be all fairly cheap stuff.

Without knowing what the plane is, and what piece.. thats about as much help Icould offer. Other than the manufacturer having spare parts?