Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

retract repair

i hope that this is in the right place .I have a problem with one of my retracts. Ihad a crash today, but it was a minor one. I'am new to the mechanical part of retracts.I know how they work, in the way that they go in the plane and come down .The crash that i had was a minor one where it cartwheeled to a stop.Brought it home and did the fix(thewings) when i was retrying everything to make sure it is all working i noticed when i hit the switch for the retracts that one wheel will go into the wing, but the other one does not. It is giving a high pitch sound and acts like it is stuck.The question that i have to fix it is how do i fix it.Is it one of those things that i need to replace the retract or is their a fix that i can do

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: retract repair

Try the warbirds section, it is a better location for this ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: retract repair

It is probably slightly bent. There will be a retaining screw holding the strut into the retratct.. Back it off a bit and take the wire leg out and straighten it..Replace after you have it straight,adjustit , tighten it up and you should be good to go...Good luck...
    Ken , Biker BC Cub Brother #6 Ultra Sport Brother # 100 Tiger Club # 7 Pulse Brother # 1 Sig Brother # 58 Top Flight Brother # 9