Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

retract repair

Old 05-12-2012, 06:30 PM
nitro208ca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default retract repair

i hope that this is in the right place .I have a problem with one of my retracts. Ihad a crash today, but it was a minor one. I'am new to the mechanical part of retracts.I know how they work, in the way that they go in the plane and come down .The crash that i had was a minor one where it cartwheeled to a stop.Brought it home and did the fix(thewings) when i was retrying everything to make sure it is all working i noticed when i hit the switch for the retracts that one wheel will go into the wing, but the other one does not. It is giving a high pitch sound and acts like it is stuck.The question that i have to fix it is how do i fix it.Is it one of those things that i need to replace the retract or is their a fix that i can do
Old 05-12-2012, 07:05 PM
SCALECRAFT
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: retract repair

Try the warbirds section, it is a better location for this ?
Old 05-15-2012, 05:43 PM
bikerbc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: retract repair

It is probably slightly bent. There will be a retaining screw holding the strut into the retratct.. Back it off a bit and take the wire leg out and straighten it..Replace after you have it straight,adjustit , tighten it up and you should be good to go...Good luck...