Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Composites Fabrication And Repair
Reload this Page >

Repair of Top Flite Wire Wheel

Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

Repair of Top Flite Wire Wheel

Old 09-04-2012, 06:24 AM
VictoryRoll
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repair of Top Flite Wire Wheel

Hi all !

Does anyone have any idea on how to re-attach the rubber tire back onto the wire rim for a Top Flite Wire Wheel ?

I ran out of fuel and made a quick landing without any damage except the brunt of the force was taken on the two front tires/landing gear (taildragger) On one side of the landing gear, the rubber tire came off the rim.

The rim runs true and I do not want to force anything and bend/damage the wire rim. I bet someone out there has a tip/trick to get this done !

Here are two links to view the Top Flite Wire Wheel:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCLX7&P=ML

www.top-flite.com/accys/topq6000.html

Thanks so much in advance.

Don

Old 09-04-2012, 04:40 PM
k12rc

Default RE: Repair of Top Flite Wire Wheel

make a wood peg the size or a little bigger than rim 1/16" warm tire in water place on peg slide up peg place on top of rim slide tire on to rim I hope this explains it well enough you can go to BVM web site they sell what i'am talking about
Old 09-05-2012, 04:22 AM
VictoryRoll
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Repair of Top Flite Wire Wheel

Hi k12rc,

Thank you so much for your quick response.  It is greatly appreciated.

I somewhat understand the concept, but when you mention a "peg" and when I look at the BVM "Tire Changing Tools" as seen here:

and here:

and see the "cone" tool, I am not sure how to make a peg that would replicate the cone (if needed), but I can certainly make the "pusher tool" as shown on the BVM site.

Again, I thank you for your quick response and help.  Please excuse my ignorance on this matter... first time I have ever had to do this in 30 years!  []

Don