Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Repair of Top Flite Wire Wheel

Hi all !

Does anyone have any idea on how to re-attach the rubber tire back onto the wire rim for a Top Flite Wire Wheel ?

I ran out of fuel and made a quick landing without any damage except the brunt of the force was taken on the two front tires/landing gear (taildragger) On one side of the landing gear, the rubber tire came off the rim.

The rim runs true and I do not want to force anything and bend/damage the wire rim. I bet someone out there has a tip/trick to get this done !

Here are two links to view the Top Flite Wire Wheel:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCLX7&P=ML

www.top-flite.com/accys/topq6000.html

Thanks so much in advance.

Don

Club Saito Member #691
    H9 Pulse XT Brotherhood #4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Repair of Top Flite Wire Wheel

make a wood peg the size or a little bigger than rim 1/16" warm tire in water place on peg slide up peg place on top of rim slide tire on to rim I hope this explains it well enough you can go to BVM web site they sell what i'am talking about
    don\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'cry\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\' till\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'it hits

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Repair of Top Flite Wire Wheel

Hi k12rc,

Thank you so much for your quick response.  It is greatly appreciated.

I somewhat understand the concept, but when you mention a "peg" and when I look at the BVM "Tire Changing Tools" as seen here:

and here:

and see the "cone" tool, I am not sure how to make a peg that would replicate the cone (if needed), but I can certainly make the "pusher tool" as shown on the BVM site.

Again, I thank you for your quick response and help.  Please excuse my ignorance on this matter... first time I have ever had to do this in 30 years!  []

Don
    Club Saito Member #691
    H9 Pulse XT Brotherhood #4