Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Horizontal Servo tray/cradle

I am tired of the cheap wood (and even some balsa) blocks of wood supplied by most ARFs for attaching servos to wing plates. The plywood plates I can deal with but I need a good servo attachment that holds the servo flat and horizontal against the plywood plate. I've found quite a few pricey productions on line but 99% have a lower bar of considerable thickness. I want the servo flat and as close to plate as possible.

Something shaped to fit around a standard servo like a U-bracket. I saw a perfect wooden rendition made by Carden models, but they don't sell them.

[img]Click image for larger versionName: Servo Cradle.jpgViews: 161Size: 57.1 KBID: 74448[/img]

Here's a picture of whatI'm talking about. Aluminum would be fine as long as there is nothing traveling underneath servo. Didn't someone sell these in a laser cut kit?

I'm building a TWM GSP-51 at 18 lbs with a DLE 35 and have powerful servos with 4-40 linkages... the servo mounts are balsa - not a good match for me.

John
    Highest award winnings for low perverted passes

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Horizontal Servo tray/cradle

I think Lds lazer design service has what you want
    don\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'cry\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\' till\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'it hits

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LDS Wing Servo Mount
    LDS Wing Servo Mount
    Wing Servo Mounting Kit Servo Mounting For Your Wing Laser cut mounting to make your work easier. Comes 2 to a package Note: A flat shipping rate is...
    $5.99

Add:

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks k12 I appreciate your responce. At the risk of sounding like a picky b, I've seen these already and have them bookmarked along with 2 other manufacturers. They're OK but pale in comparison to the mounts I tried to download. I hate to send anyone over to another site but here's where I found what I think are the 'ultimate' ones:

FLAT/SIDEWAYS/HORIZONTAL SERVO MOUNTS - You have to google this as the name of other site gets blocked.

At this point I think I will be ordering 2 sets from LDS and 2 sets from servo city. Do you know if there has been discussion elsewhere on this topic? I don't see but a scant mention overall.

Thanks

John
    Highest award winnings for low perverted passes

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There has been some talk on the form lds cuts a hole in them for post to stick in and glue ill check the other site out thanks